13-Year-Old Kills Cousin After Xbox Argument

Champion_Gamer

Promoter
Staff member
Reaction score
<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd> </dd></dl><div>Cops in Chicago say a 13-year-old boy killed his 16-year-old cousin on Sunday morning, following a day in which the two had argued “about an Xbox” according to a police report. The younger boy shot his cousin as he slept, according to a police report in this account by the Chicago Tribune, and later admitted to the slaying to police, with his mother present.

“The two boys had been arguing earlier about an Xbox, according to a police report,” the Tribune reported. There are three different models of Xboxes; the oldest one is from 2001, the latest released in November. The one in question here was not specified.

It’s not clear where the boy obtained the firearm, but no adults have been charged. The boy has been charged with first-degree murder, though as a juvenile.
http://www.kotaku.com.au/2014/01/chicago-cops-13-year-old-killed-cousin-after-xbox-argument/[/quote]

baal666

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Get ready for the "videogames make young people violent jerks" on the news.

KWG

Promoter
Staff member
Reaction score
baal666 said:
This,and R.I.P his cousin.

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
baal666 said:
You know it's going to happen, too. I'm really tired of hearing it. When I was a kid, I got into a shitload of trouble for owning the Genesis version of Mortal Kombat, a lot of parents were flipping shit over it.

Seemed like most of the violent kids played sports, not Mortal Kombat. Just sayin'.

baal666

Main Eventer
Reaction score
I've been playing "violent" games since i'm a kid too and i'm far from being a violent man.
I guess it's easier for medias to blame an already marginalized activity like videogames than questioning how a 13 years old kid got a gun. It's some kind of preset scapegoat to justify a kid's craziness like some music genres or movies.

Meh.

Midcard
Reaction score
People kill others over even more stupid arguments. Just because it had something to do with video games, doesn't make it a video game issue. This whole video games make people bad people is a swerve to kill a part of the multimedia market, because news websites and a-like know they are becoming a thing of the past with independent sites like Reddit being a better source of news.

What better way, than to label video games as "evil" through their media outlet portal to get rid of something that's affecting them in the whole. In-fact there was a study done on prisoners, video games was the lowest in being the reason that a person would do something destructive. The highest was the News & books. I love this topic, because I can debate it to death (no pun intended) from being in the industry for awhile.