2012 Discussion Topic

AKI Man

Legend
Reaction score
Website
s4.zetaboards.com
Ok it will be 1 year from now when the apparent "End of the World" will happen as predicted by the Mayan's.

I for one would not want this to happen for numerous reasons, and also feel that this will not happen in our lifetime. More than likely us humans will destroy the planet before the plantet destroys us!

So what do you guys think? Will it happen? What will we do? How would you spend you last days? Discuss here and lets keep a journal of our daily activities here, leading upto 2012.

:star wars:

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
Actually the Maya didn't predict the end of the world, the whole 2012 means the end of the world crap started with an archeologist that misinterpreted a language he didn't understand.

Case in point: You only use the term "Mayan" when you are referring to the written language of the Maya. My professor last year was a 'Mayatologist', which I didn't even know existed, but apparently they do.

The reason why a bunch of people decided that 2012 signified the end of the world according to the Maya is because their calendar ended in 2012, however, if you become familiar with the Maya system of mathematics, which doesn't use a 10 decimal system, you'll come to realize that means the calendar has been reset, which has already happened numerous times before we were ever born.

Don't listen to the history channel, ask an expert and you'll be pleasantly surprised. The Maya prophecy that has to do with 2012 is an ancient king who is buried in the same tomb that this calendar exists is suppose to rise from his grave to see if his kingdom is still intact... and being as that didn't happen the last three times I'm pretty sure we're safe. :B-)

Remember, fuck the television, and fuck Hollywood's sensationalism, this is nothing more but a reason for people to be frightened. We, as adults, should not perpetuate something that has no actual historic grounds. Let me repeat myself: There IS NO MAYA PROPHECY ABOUT THE END OF THE WORLD, I had to write more than one paper on this.

We've survived Y2K, AND the millennium prophecy that the Egyptians supposedly had (they didn't), and now this is just another way to get people riled up. Let's not perpetuate misinformation.

What will I do in 2012? Post some mods, wrestle some matches, and have a delightful time!

Super El Guapo

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Nice cowboy! Ruin the ending for me :D
But a small part of me wants to be in an apocalypse, I keep a first aid kit near my shotgun just incase of zombie outbrake

Super El Guapo

Main Eventer
Reaction score
cowboyvenus said:
michael355465 said:
Nice cowboy! Ruin the ending for me :D
But a small part of me wants to be in an apocalypse, I keep a first aid kit near my shotgun just incase of zombie outbrake
Sorry, mang! However, in case you would like a better explanation:

http://www.universetoday.com/14094/no-doomsday-in-2012/
nice link man, what do yo think about nano-bots and the "gray goo" theory i need something to scare me to sleep at night.

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
The thing about grey goo theory is this: We do not have the technology yet to even make this scenario a reality. It is as feasible as Skynet right now. In theory, sure, why not... it could happen, in reality, we probably won't ever see it. This fascination with the end of the world is interesting, people seem to want to see destruction more than creation.

You want a reason to be scared at night? Micheal Bay is still making movies. :B-)

AKI Man

Legend
Reaction score
Website
s4.zetaboards.com
Hell Yeah and good at them in my opinion bro. His Transformers movies are great! When I see these end of world movies, its like they are trying to worn us? Or make money? Yeah its to make money

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
Definitely to make money, it's fuggin' Hollywood.

I liked the first Transformers movie, hated the second, though, and REALLY hated Pearl Harbor. :D

I think people are always going to look for a reason to be afraid, which is just part of the human condition. I think our fears sometimes are valid, like domestic violence and the BP oil spill, but some are just goofy, like Y2K and so forth. I think we have more to fear from North Korea than we do from an ancient calender.

AKI Man

Legend
Reaction score
Website
s4.zetaboards.com
True indeed buddy, true indeed. I mean the Day after Tommorrow was the first film in this century along with the core to talk about natural disasters and so on, and I though at the time, they were making these films to warn us incase something like that did happen. I mean this has been going on for years and years. Hollywood are smart to capitalise on this and make money, it obviously works so why not? But still man I get chills thinking if it does happen. Not 2012 but like astroid hitting the planet, or the volcanoes exploding all across the world. I pray it does not happen anytime soon. So does anyone think us humans will destroy the planet before the planet destroys us? I think so.

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
I think we'll destroy humanity, oh yes I do. The world will be here, still. We just won't be a part of it! ;)

TiN

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
i read in a local news paper written by a astrologist in december 12 2012 there would be a catastrophic earth quick on earth that would be similar to this world end scenario.the way its written most people will believe it[even my parents do :p ] i read it 2 times and all i can say is its BS the guy is just making it up.he is trying link to gather random events to prove that he is right.there was a great tsunami that hit my country in 2004 killing over 60000 people.the guy who wrote this article is saying the planetary alignment is the same on the tsunami day and dec 12 2012 so something will happen again.but if this guy is right why the heck didnt he see the first one coming either?

conclution: dooms day in 2012 is a great way to make people forget the actual problems in this world and make it easier to control people by the governments[i know i sound like fox mulder now]

AKI Man

Legend
Reaction score
Website
s4.zetaboards.com
TiN said:
i read in a local news paper written by a astrologist in december 12 2012 there would be a catastrophic earth quick on earth that would be similar to this world end scenario.the way its written most people will believe it[even my parents do :p ] i read it 2 times and all i can say is its BS the guy is just making it up.he is trying link to gather random events to prove that he is right.there was a great tsunami that hit my country in 2004 killing over 60000 people.the guy who wrote this article is saying the planetary alignment is the same on the tsunami day and dec 12 2012 so something will happen again.but if this guy is right why the heck didnt he see the first one coming either?

conclution: dooms day in 2012 is a great way to make people forget the actual problems in this world and make it easier to control people by the governments[i know i sound like fox mulder now]
Damn interesting read there TiN buddy, I also feel that its all publicity to gather response from people and to take other problems in the world and use this as a way of forgetting. Well if it happends, it happens. Only God or the scientists know what is really going on

Puma619

Young Lion
Reaction score
This is all hear say in my opinion. People can not say whats going to happen in the future, it may be a fact that there was previous apocolyptic events, but they just happened and was a part of a cycle. We are all safe foe 2012 im sure. BTW does anyone know when the next leapyear is?

AJCasey

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
END OF THE WORLD???? No way, I still have to win the lottery first. HA HA.I think all that talk of Mayan calenders are nonsense and again a money making scheme. I dont watch any of those films they make of apocolaptic catastrophies as we are falling for there lies and all they are trying to do is make money. Simple as.

AKI Man

Legend
Reaction score
Website
s4.zetaboards.com
AJCasey said:
I still have to win the lottery first. HA HA.
Im still banking on it to AJ. I have my lotto numbers in my hand right now, checking them.

I dont thing it will happen, but it makes for interesting conversation. I mean with only apparently a year to go, im sure certain people around the world are shaking in there boots and preparing for it.

gaznWo4life

Young Lion
Reaction score
Well if it does happen, I will be getting very drunk and spending my last moments with the family. But we all know its not going to happen.

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>Darth AKI</dt><dd>Jan 1 2011, 01:52:29 PM</dd></dl><div>Ok it will be 1 year from now when the apparent "End of the World" will happen as predicted by the Mayan's.

I for one would not want this to happen for numerous reasons, and also feel that this will not happen in our lifetime. More than likely us humans will destroy the planet before the plantet destroys us!

So what do you guys think? Will it happen? What will we do? How would you spend you last days? Discuss here and lets keep a journal of our daily activities here, leading upto 2012.

:star wars: [/quote]This is the most justifiable necro-bump in OSR history.

I was right, ya'll.

Fuego

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Mayans are Tough, They Made an April Fool in December!

AKI Man

Legend
Reaction score
Website
s4.zetaboards.com
Yeah fuckers. My Jedi senses failed me. However a zombie apocalypse is upon us. I fucking want motherfucker zombies in my life.