70's/80's/90's era save/mod (Finished)

Onthejon

Young Lion
Reaction score
Released - 6/18/16
Download from Mediafire

I love wrestling. I remember being 4 years old and watching the Horseman kick Sting out of the group during Clash of the Champions. Now I'm almost 30 and watched in awe as Yugi Nagata survived his encounter with Shibata last month at Dontaku. It is something that is just a part of me.

So of course I've spent a lot of time trying to find the best wrestling game to play. I remember going to Phar-mor pharmacy and renting Super Wrestlemania, Royal Rumble and Raw as soon as they were released. I recall when my brother and I saved money to buy a Nintendo 64. Our first game? WCW/NWO Revenge. That game hooked me on the AKI experience. During the PS2 era, I enjoyed the Smackdown games for awhile but for all of their flash the gameplay was missing. I discovered Fire Pro Wrestling Returns in 2007. 350 created wrestlers later, it was just missing something. You get the idea, AKI games, for me, just work.

I remember stumbling across Modded games for the first time in 2006 in college - just an awesome experience. I'm not a hacker, however, so I found myself trying to enjoy games that other people made. They were all really cool and well done but curing my itch. I tried the MDickie route for a bit. While yes, it is super user-friendly for non hackers to have their own rosters, the game play just leaves you wanting.

So I've returned to AKI games. And, yeah, I'm no hacker and I'm not an amazing modder but I know my way around the CAW features.

For the past 5 days, I've been changing Wrestlemania 2000 into games I would like to play. I say games (with a s) because I'm working on a few different saves. The most complete game has been an old school 70's/80's/90's era game. I have changed 95% of the roster into characters that I would like to play as or against and I am loving it :) And after discovering the N64 Sound Replacement Tool, I have changed the majority of the theme music as well.
This is what my roster looks like:

Original Roster - Replacement
Vince MchMahon - Same
Stone Cold - Same
Rock - Same
Undertaker - Same
Kane - Same
HBK - Same
HHH - Same
Road Dogg - Same
Billy Gunn -Same
X Pac - Same
Y2J - Same
Cactus Jack - Same
Jarrett - Same
Paul Bearer - Same
Big Boss Man - Ted DiBiase
Big Show - André the Giant
Ken Shamrock - Vader
Steve Blackman - Ricky the Dragon Steamboat
Test - Sid Vicious
Meat - Paul Wonderful
Blue Meanie - Junk Yard Dog
Al Snow - Jake the Snake
Hardcore Holly - Sgt. Slaughter
Bradshaw - British Bulldog
Farooq - Jim Neidhart
Mideon - Typhoon
Viscera - Earthquake
Hardy Boyz - The Rockers
Edge and Christian - Midnight Express
Too Cool - Freebirds (PS and Garvin)
Droz and Albert - LOD
Gangrel - Kevin Sullivan
Mankind - George the Animal Steele
Dude Love - Dusty Rhodes
Venis - Rick Rude
JR and Lawler - Vicious and Delicious
Patterson and Brisco - The Crusher and Dick the Bruiser
Headbangers - John Studd and Bundy
D'lo and Henry - Harlem Heat
Michael Hayes - Eric Bischoff
Shane McMahon - Paul E. Dangerously

CAW1 - Hollywood Hogan
2 - Macho Man
3 - Nash
4 - Hall
5 - Flair
6 - Sting
7 - Warrior
8 - Piper
9 - Goldberg
10 - DDP
11 - Bret Hart
12 - Owen Hart
13 - Rick Steiner
14 - Scott Steiner
15 - Jimmy Snuka
16 - Lex Luger

*(Update - I changed Godfather to Jimmy Hart) Godfather is still in the game but I don't what to do with him. I can't really think of someone who could fit his personality in the game. :/

I've divided the rosters into 4 different territories (North, South, East and West) by company and era. The South and West territories look like 80's era WWF and NWA/WCW while the North and East reflect the 90's. I even changed Raw and Heat to North-East Wrestling and the Southwest Alliance, respectively. The whole game has a very Legends of Wrestling II vibe now, and I like it.

Like I said, this is just something I made for my own enjoyment and I'm very glad I did. So far I have been spending most of my time kicking butt with the Dragon. :)

Later this week I will post pics of the roster and slight changes I made to arenas.

Thanks for reading, sorry/not sorry that it feels like a short story.
Screenshots of edited roster and entrance attires:

Piper, Warrior and Snuka

DiBiase, André, Studd, Bundy, Orndorff, Steele, Slaughter, LOD

Natural Disasters, Crusher, Bruiser, Rhodes, Steamboat, Sting, JYD, Vader, Flair, Sid, Jake the Snake, Sullivan

Rude, Freebirds, Rockers, Express, Goldberg, DDP, Luger, Hollywood, Macho

Outsiders, Buff, Norton, Steiners

Heat, Hart Foundation, Bischoff, Dangerously

Jimmy Hart and Hollywood updates
Slight Arena changes

Arena changes - Raw/NEW, Heat/SWA, RR, Summerslam/Starrcade

I don't feel like removing all of the WWF logos in the game so in my head, they are the encompassing company that controls the NEW and SWA. I did change scratchy logo to a black and white 80's logo where I could.
Gameplay

Dragon vs Flair

Hogan vs Piper

Warrior vs DiBiase

Sting vs Vader

More Gameplay

Steiner Bros. vs Harlem Heat

Freebirds vs Midnight Express

Outsiders vs Roadwarriors

Vicious and Delicious vs DDP and Luger

Bret Hart vs Goldberg

Snuka vs Roberts Cage Match

Updates

Progress udate 1

dafamily

Main Eventer
Reaction score
damn, post some links bro!! Will be glad to make videos of your amazing work!!

Onthejon

Young Lion
Reaction score
Hey thanks.

As soon as I am finished I will share the textures, save and memory pack files, and the music for replacing with the N64 Soundlist tool.

dafamily

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Onthejon said:
Hey thanks.

As soon as I am finished I will share the textures, save and memory pack files, and the music for replacing with the N64 Soundlist tool.
cool, me along with countless others are looking forward to it :)

Onthejon

Young Lion
Reaction score
I'm adding all the updates to the main post. 1st video update is at the bottom.

New things - Main Menu, select screens, edit screen, ring mats, Raw/Heat entrance ramps

Cheats being used:

Blue ropes code by Spectrumz

Guardrails code by Tokidoim
All finished and Released. Check original Post.

I might add other things later but this is all you need.

This was fun and I appreciate being able to share this with everyone. Enjoy :)

super_joker

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
this is an elaborate project man! it looks really fun to play! thanks for sharing

Onthejon

Young Lion
Reaction score
Thank you Super_Joker and Dafamily for the kind words :)

dafamily

Main Eventer
Reaction score
you should probably make a patch for this one as well bro, it will be a lot easier for people to play!!

dafamily

Main Eventer
Reaction score
an epic match for an epic mod:

Thank you for all your hard work bro!! :)

MVKronus

Young Lion
Reaction score
What version of PJ64 and with what graphics plugin does this work the best?

dafamily

Main Eventer
Reaction score
here is another epic match for you guys:

@MVKronus

I use project64 1.6 with Mudlord Plugin, though the creator of this plugin used the Glide64 plugin which is the plugin your suppose to use with this mod!!! The reason I use the Mudlord Plugin is because my computer is old lol, so I can't get the background textures and stuff but everything else is fine for me, so if you don't care about the backgrounds, yet, just want everything else go with the download I have in the description with my video!!

Onthejon

Young Lion
Reaction score
MVKronus said:
What version of PJ64 and with what graphics plugin does this work the best?

@MVKronus

I use project64 1.6 with Mudlord Plugin, though the creator of this plugin used the Glide64 plugin which is the plugin your suppose to use with this mod!!! The reason I use the Mudlord Plugin is because my computer is old lol, so I can't get the background textures and stuff but everything else is fine for me, so if you don't care about the backgrounds, yet, just want everything else go with the download I have in the description with my video!!
What he said :)

I also use the following cheat codes

Blue ropes by Spectrumz:
81047C34 0000
81047C36 0000
81047C38 0000
81047C3A 0000
81047C3C F0F0
81047C3E F0F0

GUARDRAILS by Tokidoim:
8104796E 0591
81047970 0591
81047974 0591
81047976 0591
81047978 0591

Test no manager:
802958B5 0004
802958B6 00A0

dafamily

Main Eventer
Reaction score

and here is another one for you guys:

wwwfchamp

Young Lion
Reaction score
To be honest, the André isn't that detailed. There's nothing unique about him. And regarding Sting, you should have used the textures from Revenge. Sting has a costume that represents his image from the late '80s / early '90s.

If you need help dumping and replacing textures, just let me know. I give more than just a one-word answer to logical questions!