AKI Evolution

Young Lion
Reaction score
0H6rr9W.gif

[video=youtube]
Features:

- Improved Gameplay Mechanics
- A New Gameplay Camera
- Intricate, detailed movesets based on style.
- New Match Types
- New Interface
- And More!

Join us on Discord!

Contributors:
Keson - Chuckiepk - randymanfoo - baal666
The NekoMancer - Wolfpac_69 - SK Stylez - jordyad - Antonic

Powered/Inspired/Made Possible by:
Tokidiom - JamStubbs - Alex Underhill - WldFb - barskio
666 BEAST 666 - CAW Master18 - Orson - Iccotracs - Gray Plague
KussenKDogg - Alanchiz - The Juice - Saiko -  freem
TKS - AKI Man - DOOMSDAY EWF - Pest - jeffhardyrulez

Please notify us of names that need to be added to the credits section, and we will update it.

Notes:
Not all wrestlers have all their attires coded, yet. This is probably the most tedious process and we will be finishing them as soon as time allows.

Not all movesets are complete. The wrestlers in the first stable are the mostly finished ones to choose from.

Known bugs:

Steve Austic shows up from time to time in the select screen.

Sometimes wrestlers warp through the ring

Ric Flair's attires glitch in the select screen, function in game.

Every once in a while body textures have errors in cage matches​

Setup Instructions (click the spoiler):

Extract the file using your program of choice (I use 7zip)

In the main directory, select "Project 64" (it has a green icon)

yspNwAj.png

Select options, and go to your settings:

YoPHqZ4.png

Under the directories section, make sure that the texture path is pointing at the texture folder in the AKI Evolution directory. I repeat: MAKE SURE THE TEXTURE PATH IS POINTING AT THE RIGHT SPOT. THIS IS THE MOST COMMON THING PEOPLE DON'T DO.

517DIsU.png

Next, select options and click on "Configure graphics plugin"

LqtKiPI.png

Tick the box labeled "Force Alpha Blending"

p86FvLe.png

Next, select file/open rom, find the AKI Evolution rom and select it.

HVk6ZlY.png

After the game loads, you'll see a new option at the top labeled "system", click it and select "cheats"

QuMO4wT.png

In the cheat window, make sure the ONLY box ticked is the one labeled "AKI Evolution".

VaYzdYg.png

You are ready to play. You may need to reset the emulator after selecting the cheats.

hulkster

Opener
Reaction score
I look forward to this release. You have a nice crew to help you with the project.
I look forward to the screen shots and the actual game itself.
Thanks.

Fizanko

Midcard
Reaction score
That sounds really great.

That's formerly known as Showdown 2 isn't it ?

AKI Evolution

Young Lion
Reaction score
This is the evolution of multiple projects, including 'Powerslam Pro Wrestling', 'Showdown 2', 'Hostile Takeover' and others.

hulkster

Opener
Reaction score
I wonder if there will be new hacks or game play mechanics we have not seen before. I love the suspense.
I look forward to the creator's kit. I wonder if it will allow us to make our very models quickly.

Chuckiepk

Promoter
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
There are many new hacks and gameplay mechanics that we are in the process of making. These new changes will hopefully make the game feel like a combination of No Mercy, VPW 2, Here Comes the Pain, and Fire Pro Wrestling all put together into one game.

Keson is in the process of making a new creator's kit that will make custom content easier to make. We will have more info on that soon though once we are further along in development. I will say that it looks awesome so far.

NLG

Young Lion
Reaction score
If this is even half as good as Showdown 64 was this could be something very special. That is quite the lineup of contributors you've assembled for this project too. Can't wait to see the first previews/releases

Fizanko

Midcard
Reaction score
Are you planning to have multiple attires by wrestlers or similarly to showdown having each attire slot being a different wrestler ?

AKI Evolution

Young Lion
Reaction score
<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd> </dd></dl><div>I wonder if there will be new hacks or game play mechanics we have not seen before.[/quote]
Yes and no, though many of the new features are things that are not necessarily "new" in terms of hacking, how they are structured IS. For many years, a lot of limitations to AKI hacking and modding rested in the space of a cheat file, this is no longer a factor.

We will be approaching the grapple system as a hybrid of our favorite wrestling games, such as FirePro, Here Comes the Pain, and others.

Specials will now be stored, and while stored, unlock new abilities and moves for the wrestler. Each wrestler will have their fighting style observed and emulated as close as possible. If a wrestler (such as Ricky Steamboat or Dusty Rhodes) didn't really have a dedicated finish, it will be reflected in their fighting style.

Some wrestlers will receive bonuses based on the match type they are in, while others will also receive new abilities/attributes based who they are fighting.

Technical wrestlers will be able to perform more wrestling moves. High fliers will have a bigger arsenal of ways to destroy their bodies. Brawlers will be better at punching you in the face.

We will also have unlockable content, which will have to have specific match requirements to fulfill.

With unlimited cheat space, we finally have lost every excuse to make a proper update to the game. The cheat file will be massive.

<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd> </dd></dl><div>I look forward to the creator's kit. I wonder if it will allow us to make our very models quickly. [/quote]

No. You will not be able to make your own custom models with the upcoming kit. You will be able to generate codes that are compatible with the new grappling system with ease, and will have a wide selection of texture bases and parts to use when making your own mods.

We will also be launching a series of video tutorials.

<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd> </dd></dl><div>If this is even half as good as Showdown 64 was this could be something very special. [/quote]

We already have the ability to fix the most glaring part of Showdown: The Rumbles.

However, backtracking didn't seem constructive. This will easily be better than Showdown. Promise.

<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd> </dd></dl><div>Are you planning to have multiple attires by wrestlers or similarly to showdown having each attire slot being a different wrestler ? [/quote]

The odds of the roster being as massive as Showdown's is very slim for a very simple reason: The time it is taking to hack these new movesets is actually longer than the time it takes to make a proper texture mod, which is unprecedented in our experience with the AKI Engine.

If the roster fills up enough to where we will have to start using multiple attire slots for wrestlers like last time, we already have fixes for the common problems we had before. Rumbles will maintain the proper movesets, we will never run out of attire slots (thanks to SK Stylez), and we don't even have to dedicate a single wrestler slot and portrait to house all of these attires.

So on the slight chance that happens, don't worry. The gameplay will retain across the entire game, with perhaps the exception of story mode, as we have not tested the movesets there.
An example of the new grapple/special system:

At full spirit, you will taunt, which activates your more powerful arsenal, including your finishing maneuvers.

When your spirit drops under a certain limit (it will be different for each wrestler), you will lose your special mode.

<iframe type='text/html' width='250' height='250' src='
' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen=''></iframe>

mkk5PhN.gif

We will also be featuring reversable finishers, as well. Adding more new gameplay possibilities.

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
I can confirm that as of last night we will have functioning faces and heels.

Good guys get cheered, bad guys get boo'ed. :)

AKI Evolution

Young Lion
Reaction score
A play on WldFb's Dynamic Stances code and an idea ChuckiePk brought up: Here we see HBK getting a "defensive" stance every time Austin throws a strike:

b80phhe.gif

Version 1.0 Roster:

The Rock
Steve Austin
John Cena
Hulk Hogan
Ric Flair
Bret Hart
Sting
Macho Man
Eddie Guerrero
HBK
Jushin Liger
Great Muta
Rey Mysterio
AJ Styles
Tiger Mask
Mitsuharu Misawa
Ricky Steamboat
Chris Jericho

Unlockable:

?????
?????
?????
?????
?????
?????
?????
?????
?????
?????

portgazhyde

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
I hope you guys find a way to force the High Flyer AI to ignore front or back special or at least make them don't pin after using Front special. The roster seems solid as it contain various style of wrestling. May I ask if there is hard hitter like Ishii or Shibata in your save?

Tyler Black

Upper Midcard
Reaction score
portgazhyde said:
I hope you guys find a way to force the High Flyer AI to ignore front or back special or at least make them don't pin after using Front special. The roster seems solid as it contain various style of wrestling. May I ask if there is hard hitter like Ishii or Shibata in your save?
The OG Hard Hitter
<iframe type='text/html' width='300' height='300' src='
' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen=''></iframe>

portgazhyde

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>Tyler Black</dt><dd>Dec 31 2017, 05:05:09 AM</dd></dl><div>
portgazhyde said:
The OG Hard Hitter
<iframe type='text/html' width='300' height='300' src='
' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen=''></iframe>[/quote]Something something Kawada.

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
Like Showdown, this roster is built to grow to massive sizes. We like to keep some surprises in our roster.

Concerning high fliers: We aren't using the classic system of specials, anymore.

Fizanko

Midcard
Reaction score
Nice debuting roster , as long as there's Liger and Muta i'm happy anyways :)
For the unlockable, is it using the same method as in default No Mercy or have you implemented something different to unlock wrestlers ?

randymanfoo

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
To unlock things you’ll have to perform specific matches and tasks, sometimes as specific wrestlers. “Historic Challenges” is what I’m calling it for now. An unlockables menu replaces the shop. But money is no factor. The screen shows what tasks need to be performed for each unlockable. It looks and feels completely different.

Tyler Black

Upper Midcard
Reaction score
randymanfoo said:
To unlock things you’ll have to perform specific matches and tasks, sometimes as specific wrestlers. “Historic Challenges” is what I’m calling it for now. An unlockables menu replaces the shop. But money is no factor. The screen shows what tasks need to be performed for each unlockable. It looks and feels completely different.
That's so fucking cool man. Adds a whole new layer and feel to the game

bluntfello

Main Eventer
Reaction score
This all sounds so awesome and will be a huge welcome. I gotta say I'm getting bored of this game, granted I play it every day and probably just need a break from it but an update such as this one will no doubt get me interested again.