Announcements

Status
Not open for further replies.

KWG

Promoter
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello boys and girls, here I am again to announce some of the recent updates that have happened (and you might or might have not noticed) and some that are still to come, soon:

November Announcements

1. Two new themes were recently added, the "Notebook Sketch" and the "Shadow of a Setting Sun", the later being really interesting because of it's exclusive feature: it has a Night Mode! So any of you who feel that the other themes are too flashy for your eyes in the night time, you might enjoy this one!

2. We are currently working on a sister site. Expect news about it soon.

3. The Inaugural NextWave 64 Awards should be coming soon.

4. Halloween might have passed by a few weeks now, buuut, you all might enjoy perhaps making your own custom Halloween Havoc Pay-Per-View card with the new project with an installer: WCW Starcade 64 by Loco! You can find it on the TinyPortal's download section.

Note: Both TinyPortal and the other Download sections are temporary, as both are very buggy, I'm currently looking for a reliable way for every member to be able to upload stuff here.

KWG

Promoter
Staff member
Reaction score
KWG link said:
2. We are currently working on a sister site. Expect news about it soon.

3. The Inaugural NextWave 64 Awards should be coming soon.

Well, good news, not only are there going to be 2 sister sites, but one of them is already finished, and ready for release:
http://nextwave-64.online/files/

This is our own "Cloud Storage Drive" service (like Dropbox or Google Drive) called BeDrive, as I realised recently as I was organizing some old OSR content, that besides the more known uploading services that ended (Megaupload), other sites have died since, and it's content might very well be lost (Minus), and considering the content the community lost to this or boards ending over the years, I decided it was time to figure out a place where we can personally asure the files won't be lost to time. And there you go, it currently has it's limitations (limit of 256mb for each file uploaded, but on the positive side, you can upload a looot of content there, each account has about 5GB of space for free).

Progress has been slow recently due to the staff's real life commitments, but progress was (and is!) still being made. Hope you guys enjoy it!

KWG

Promoter
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello, we recently launched a new theme, and with that a little snow in anticipation for Christmas, however, we undestand if you might find that annoying or too distracting, if you wanna disable it, you can. Just go to User CP -> Edit Options and disable "Should the snowstorm be displayed?".​

Status
Not open for further replies.