ASM hacking previews

S.K. Stylez

Backstage Worker
Reaction score
Here's some previews of what can be achieved with some ASM hacking. Basically ASM is assembly hacking where you can pretty much change how the game reads data. You can tell the game to read data from a different location, add certain things or even remove things.

Here are some screens of where I've added bits to the arenas.

lpoqvjs.png

HNhF3V0.png

QKCQpZ2.png

mt969sN.png

kXZuBNn.png

D6KiL0Y.png

marillmau5

Opener
Reaction score
Amazing this could change so much!

How is this done, with scripts? is there a disassembly project for no mercy where you can change data and recompile the rom like with the pokemon red disassembly project? Did you do this by copy and pasting from the memory dump?

S.K. Stylez

Backstage Worker
Reaction score
This was done by changing where the polys/textures are read from, and how many to read. Also I changed the location the movement addresses are located to accommodate the additional polys. This isn't 100% working correctly yet as I'm facing issues with the game crashing after restarting a match a good few times. I'm documenting everything about the movements in order to get it how I want it.

Tyler Black

Upper Midcard
Reaction score
This is insane man. You could totally restructure the game. Much respect. Excited to see what this can lead to

jordyad

Main Eventer
Reaction score
This is so incredible man!

You've done all of this by ROM hacking it or with creating codes for the emulator?

Simply mind blowing!

bluntfello

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Would be cool if you could put a ring on top of a steel cage. That way we could climb to the top and fight on the ring on top.

frog

Young Lion
Reaction score
I'd love to know if you've got those tables to actually function! If they're working do you plan on releasing a tutorial on how to do that? God I'd love 2 announce tables in no mercy!

S.K. Stylez

Backstage Worker
Reaction score
Flashman said:
This is so incredible man!

You've done all of this by ROM hacking it or with creating codes for the emulator?

Simply mind blowing!
Just codes.
hf4lDFB.png

I've found a way to do this. Separate polygons and textures for each Post and Turnbuckle Pad.