Avengers : Age of Ultron

baal666

Main Eventer
Reaction score
k9yreb.jpg

Before the movie :

Do I really need to present this movie ? It's the 11th movie of the Marvel Cinematic Universe so i guess you know about it.
I liked the previous movies, even if 3 of them were not that good to me, so i hoped to love this one too. I also tryed to avoid most of the teasers, sneak peeks and watched only one trailer to avoid spoilers.

Movie Plot :

After the events of Captain America : The Winter Soldier The Avengers are on a mission in Sokovia to get back Loki's sceptre from Baron Von Strucker. The Hydra leader used it to enhance two humans, the Maximoff twins, giving them superhuman abilities (speed for Pietro, manipulating mind and energy blast for Wanda) that will be a difficulty for our heroes but they still succeed their mission.

Back in the Avengers tower, Banner and Stark discover that the scepter might help them create Ultron, an artificial intelligence included in an armor that could protect the planet from external attacks and avoid something like the Chitauri attack to happen again. While celebrating their victory, the avengers' party is crashed by Ultron who is convinced that to save earth he has to erradicate an inside threat : humanity.

The planet will have to face this new threat, a smart A.I inside a metallic body who's only goal is to destroy humanity joined by two enhanced humans. The Avengers are the only one who could stop that to happen but things won't be easy for them and they might need some help.

My impressions :

+ Opening straight into the action. We already know the characters, what they are looking for so, no waste of time.
+ Learning more about Hawkeye and Black Widow who didn't have a solo film to tell their story.
+ Hawkeye is more interesting than in the first movie, being an average man compared to the rest of the other Avengers. His action scenes are better, his talking scenes are better, and he becomes way more likeable now that he isn't just a marksman with a bow and arrows
+ The Maximoff's motivations are understandable, they are not with Hydra just so you have some bad henchmen, they are not even bad people.
+ NO LOKI ! Don't get me wrong, I like this character but being a popular character, I was afraid he would have appeared in some way without real purpose.

- I hoped to see more of Klaue and Falcon.
- Black Widow/Banner romance. Sorry but i find it useless and a bit stupid.

To conclude, without any surprise, it's a big yes for me. I come for the entertainment and entertained it was, the movie is fast, there's no time to be bored and that's all we want from this movie : action & fun. If you liked the previous movies you'll like this one so don't hesitate.

<big><big>8/10</big></big>

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
You forgot to answer the most burning question...... will Hawkeye run out of arrows?

Tired

Legend
Reaction score
Keson said:
You forgot to answer the most burning question...... will Hawkeye run out of arrows?
He didn't forget. He didn't answer it because that would be a spoiler. Partridge features.

Arpith

Upper Midcard
Reaction score
I feel Paul Bettany did a terrific job as the Vision. The character and it's personality..... It's like he's ripped straight from the comics just like RDJ's work with the Iron Man character. I still was a little disappointed the film's pacing. Was feeling a bit rushed at all the wrong places. One thing I would regret is I got too much exposed to all the promotional materials related to Age of Ultron i.e. the trailers, 3 of them if I remember correctly, the tv spots, the images, the articles etc.
Heck I even predicted that (see spoiler below)....
Quicksilver would die
and I was right.[/SPOILER]

baal666

Main Eventer
Reaction score
I totally agree about the fact that too much is exposed in promos, that's why i only watch 1 or 2 trailers because in the past i felt like i had already seen 1/4 of the movie only with trailers, teasers, photos, etc...

About that spoiler thing

When he joined the cast, I remember reading an article saying that Aaron Taylor Johnson was hard to convince to take the role because of how marvel signs people for multiple movies, since this day i thought Quicksilver might not make it for another movie.