Batman : Arkham Origins

baal666

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Release Date : October 25th 2013

Haven't seen a topic on it so here we go.

Game informer released some informations about the game a few weeks ago :

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/04/09/may-cover-revealed-batman-arkham-origins.aspx

http://www.gameinformer.com/p/arkhamorigins.aspx

For the lazy ones who don't want to read the full article to sum up :

Arkham Origins will be a prequel to AA and will show the first encounter between Batman and many villains, the main bad guy would be Black Mask, the action takes place around Christmas Eve and Rocksteady doesn't work on it, they're replaced by Warner Bros Montreal.

An anonymous source told kotaku.com that the game would have a multiplayer where you play as a member of Joker or Bane's gang while trying to take down Batman and Robin. WB declined to comment on this.

Here are some pictures :

batman_arkham_origins_game_informer_8__m.jpg
batman_arkham_origins_game_informer_6__m.jpg
batman_arkham_origins_game_informer_16__m.jpg
batman_arkham_origins_game_informer_5_.jpg
batman_arkham_origins_game_informer_11_.jpg

baal666

Main Eventer
Reaction score
First Trailer

<iframe type='text/html' width='600' height='350' src='
' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen=''></iframe>
Bump !

News about the game

The game will feature a New game + which will allow you to replay the game with all you've unlocked when playing it first. By finishing the New Game + you will unlock the "I am the knight" mode wher you will have only 1 life.

As you know Origins takes place before AA, a DLC will take place in Asia during Wayne's training with ninja Kirigi even before the Origins story.

Source : http://www.jeuxvideo.com

On a personnal note i'm beginning to be pissed about DLCs planned even before the game is released, i know it has been said numerous times but if the thing is done, they should just put it in the actual game. If they try to continue to f*ck gamers with DLCs like that they shouldn't complain about illegal downloads, consumers are not cash cows !
But i admit i was already interested with the Origins story so a chapter even before like in Batman Begins seems pretty exciting.

AKI Man

Legend
Reaction score
Website
s4.zetaboards.com
Very excited for this. I love the Arkham series and expect this to deliver. A young Batman story sounds interesting.

TheDoctor

Legend
Reaction score
lol Damn it I haven't even finished Arkham City yet.

baal666

Main Eventer
Reaction score
I loved Arkham City, finished it's story three times and played a lot of challenge rooms but it got boring, i didn't play Harley's revenge because i read it didn't bring that much to the game's story, Arkham Origins might be the only really interesting game of October, can't wait for it, because i only play old games these days it will be good to get my hands on something new.

KWG

Promoter
Staff member
Reaction score
Cerberus said:
lol Damn it I haven't even finished Arkham City yet.
Not even played Arkham Asylum yet. :unsure:

baal666

Main Eventer
Reaction score

Alternate costumes, if all of these are true that will be awesome, just miss Beyond

<div class='spoiler_toggle'>Details</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">
batman-skins.png

BVnH9AwCIAAleqC.jpg

adamwe10.jpg
KnightfallOrigins.jpg

1374183164-batman-one-million.jpg

1374183183-batman-worst-nightmare-0-cinema-1280-0.jpg

cat_585-bao-skins.jpg

1381656700-earth-one-2.png

1381656739-gaslight.png

1381656791-new-52.png
1381656858-sans-titre.png

Batman_ArkhamOrigins_SeasonPass_skins.jpg

Batman_ArkhamOrigins_SeasonPass_skins_2.jpg
</div>
Lady Shiva and Killer Croc to appear in the game

<div class='spoiler_toggle'>Pictures</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">
batman_arkham_origins01.jpg

batman_arkham_origins02.jpg
</div>

stylesismilo

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Sorry to bump this, but how's the experience playing this? Heard there was a lot of gamebreaking bugs. Am wondering if I should wait for the GOTY version.

Swifty

Main Eventer
Reaction score
I don't think we'll ever get a GOTY Edition because Arkham Origins sucked,its practically the same batman game we've had since Asylum just under a different name and story.

I'm not saying its not worth buying though,if you're a fan of Batman and more into the story than the gameplay you can pick it up,if you're expecting anything new gameplay wise then theirs nothing new (other than gadgets i presume)

I did get the game a week ago and already completed it,the story is nice.

Arpith

Upper Midcard
Reaction score
Man, I just hope there's a bunch of DLC . The ones that have been released is cool but still lacks something, I dunno.... Think of something WB, the GOTY should be worth it, that's what I am waiting for