[Closed] Editing the Misc.pac to add additional attires

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDarthFoundation

Main Eventer
Reaction score
<big><big><big>Editing the Misc.pac to add attires
</big></big></big>

Right, so alot of people are doing mods nowadays so I thought I'd make a tutorial on how to edit the misc.pac to add attires to wrestlers. So here goes!:
First off, you will need:
- HxD(Hex editor): Installable version, Portable version
- Your misc.pac
- The ability to read
- The ability to use google
- Decimal to Hexadecimal converter
- Patience

Lets start, we will be adding an additional attire to Chris Jericho(Current).
1. First download and install HxD
2. Now grab your misc.pac from: <blockquote class='code_blockquote'><dl><dt>Code: </dt><dd> </dd></dl><code> Usb0(OR Hdd1)\Games\WWE'13(or similar)\pac </code></blockquote>
3. Open HxD and drag the misc.pac into the grey area on the HxD window
4. You will see a bunch of numbers(Knowing the newbs, I know they will get confused, but DO NOT get confused).
5. Press CTRL+F.
6. Type "COS" in the search box, press the Return(or enter) key.
7. Here are the entries for the superstars with their attires
8. Since we are doing Chris Jericho who is ch104, we will convert 104 to hex using a Hexadecimal Converter
9. The Hexadecimal value for 104 is 68 so we search for a byte which contains the number 68.
It is here:
2zofyg2.png

10. Remeber:
01= no. of attires
09= Attire code for Original Attire
FF FF FF FF= Unlocked by default

11. Here Jericho(Who is ch104 which is 68 in hex) has 1 attire, which is unlocked by default.
12. If we want to add to add another attire, we replace the "01" with "02" so that it looks like:
13ynnds.png

13. Then in the byte that immediately follows "FF FF FF FF" we add 0B(Attire code for Collectors) so that it looks like:
x3y80w.png

14. Finally, we move over 3(So in total, we skip 6 0's) bytes and then add "FF"(So a total of 8 F's) 4 bytes after that 1 byte after the other, like so:
wa4zkz.png

15. After that just press CTRL+S and your misc.pac is saved!
Now to add attires to the actual pac files:

1. Download Tekken57's Dummy.pac
2. Inject any PACHs that you want(We edited the misc.pac so that chris jericho has 2 attires, so we can add chris' 00010402 and 00010404 PACHs into the dummy.pac, rename the the PACHs accordingly, and this will count as 1 character(because 00010404 is actually an entrance attire which does not matter in the misc.pac) and another PACH files of his(texture modded or whatever) into another slot and rename the slot to 00010412 and if you want to add an entrance attire to that, inject another PACH into the slot underneath it and rename the slot to 00010414, etc.)
3. Press Add additional attire data to arc file button
4. Choose Plist360.arc
5. Press OK
6. Press the add additional attire data to arc file button again
7. Choose the Plist360_4x3.arc
8. Press OK
Done.
Notes:
Attire codes(That I know of):
09= Original attire
0B= Collectors
0A= Suit

FF FF FF FF= Unlocked by default

You can add upto 4 in-ring attires and have 4 entrance attire for each of the in-ing attire they are named as follows:
-000xxx02, 000xxx04
-000xxx12, 000xxx14
-000xxx22, 000xxx24
-000xxx32, 000xxx34

When you convert a ch number into hex and the result is a 3 digit number, use this trick:
309(ch number for Hunico) in hex is 135, so in order to write this correctly in the misc.pac we have to add "0" in front of the number so it looks like, "0135", and then take the "01" and put it at the back of the number so that it looks like, "3501". Examples:

CH No.--------------------Hex-----------------------How it is written
325|----------------------|145|----------------------------|4501
322|----------------------|142|----------------------------|4201
338|----------------------|152|----------------------------|5201
314|----------------------|13a|----------------------------|3a01

Procedure= 325--145-- 0145-- 4501

If you have any questions drop a reply and I'll try to help you out, but remember, google is a better friend that I am ;)
Cheers!

OverTheEdge

Opener
Reaction score
tumblr_m2yompWLYa1qfw1dk.gif

Can't wait to try this out. Thanks so much for typing this up, dude. Seems the part where you need to have the attire code values (09, 0A, or 0B) is where I was going wrong, as I was using Cena's as a template, for lack of a better term, and his has the 10, 11, and 12 values for additional attires, which I'm guessing doesn't work for others. Thanks again, man!

Edit:

Maybe I'm missing something, but how exactly do we access the new attires once we're in the game? I originally tried it with D-X Triple H and thought I did something wrong, but then I tried it with Jericho and followed the tutorial to an absolute tee (edited the misc, used the dummy.pac to add everything in and overwrite the original .pac, and updated the attire info in the .arcs), and it just doesn't seem to do anything. I'll go into the game--which will load perfectly, so its accepting the changes--and go to select the Superstar and all that's there to choose from is the Original Attire and any Superstar Thread variations.

zhigge

Midcard
Reaction score
OverTheEdge said:

Can't wait to try this out. Thanks so much for typing this up, dude. Seems the part where you need to have the attire code values (09, 0A, or 0B) is where I was going wrong, as I was using Cena's as a template, for lack of a better term, and his has the 10, 11, and 12 values for additional attires, which I'm guessing doesn't work for others. Thanks again, man!

Edit:

Maybe I'm missing something, but how exactly do we access the new attires once we're in the game? I originally tried it with D-X Triple H and thought I did something wrong, but then I tried it with Jericho and followed the tutorial to an absolute tee (edited the misc, used the dummy.pac to add everything in and overwrite the original .pac, and updated the attire info in the .arcs), and it just doesn't seem to do anything. I'll go into the game--which will load perfectly, so its accepting the changes--and go to select the Superstar and all that's there to choose from is the Original Attire and any Superstar Thread variations.
yeah the one thing smart left out is.. well from my experience is, you have to have a new save. you can't apply this to a current save, it has to be new. When doing the kofi one i found that it didn't show with a save but when i started over it showed..

OverTheEdge

Opener
Reaction score
zhigge said:
OverTheEdge said:

Edit:

yeah the one thing smart left out is.. well from my experience is, you have to have a new saver. you can't apply this to a current save, it has to be new. When doing the kofi one i found that it didn't show with a save but when i started over it showed..
Is that so? Well, fuck. Having gone through and editing/fixing everyone's (yes, everyone's) movesets, I really, really hope that's not the only way. Thanks for the heads up, though, dude.

TheDarthFoundation

Main Eventer
Reaction score
OverTheEdge said:

Edit:

You must have DLC pack 2, I had the same problem mate. If you delete the DLC pack it will show up. But then you have to choose between DLC and attire mods.

OverTheEdge

Opener
Reaction score
TheSmartFoundation said:
OverTheEdge said:

Edit:

You must have DLC pack 2, I had the same problem mate. If you delete the DLC pack it will show up. But then you have to choose between DLC and attire mods.
Yeah, I do have the second pack. Seeing as some of the main attires I wanted to add are for guys who are in the second pack of DLC, I guess it looks like I'm out of luck. That's strange how the DLC would stop something like that from working, though. Thanks for the clarification.

zhigge

Midcard
Reaction score
did you try with a new save? just to test? like i said that how it was for me.. try that first before giving up.

OverTheEdge

Opener
Reaction score
zhigge said:
did you try with a new save? just to test? like i said that how it was for me.. try that first before giving up.
Just went in to try that out. Strange how it got things to work for you, as it was no different for me.

OrKAdoS

Legend
Reaction score
i don't play, i don't even have a XBOX 360. but this is inspiring me to try it on Wii.
as you explained, the proccess is much like in ps2, so it must be the same way on Wii too.

and congratulations on this tutorial. it's very good.

zhigge

Midcard
Reaction score
i had to buy a new hard drive for the freak 360 today so when i finish copying stuff over to it i will try it again and send you the files..

zhigge

Midcard
Reaction score
smart.. um have you actually tested this out or is this just hypothetical? I've tried it step by step but with kofi kingston. I will send you the files.. I thought maybe the fact that the dummy file has an emd 3 in it may have been the problem so i tried it with a pac from the game just injecting my wwe 12 kofi into the current file and my wwe 13 kofi into another and it locks up.

TheDarthFoundation

Main Eventer
Reaction score
<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>Darth AKI</dt><dd>Dec 14 2012, 04:44:31 PM</dd></dl><div>Excellent tutorial TSF bro. I will pin this topic now for you.[/quote]
Haha thanks AKI! Cheers.

OrKAdoS said:
i don't play, i don't even have a XBOX 360. but this is inspiring me to try it on Wii.
as you explained, the proccess is much like in ps2, so it must be the same way on Wii too.

and congratulations on this tutorial. it's very good.
Thanks mate! I can't comment on the wii part because I've never played around with wii modding, so I wouldn't know. But report back whatever you found!

zhigge said:
smart.. um have you actually tested this out or is this just hypothetical? I've tried it step by step but with kofi kingston. I will send you the files.. I thought maybe the fact that the dummy file has an emd 3 in it may have been the problem so i tried it with a pac from the game just injecting my wwe 12 kofi into the current file and my wwe 13 kofi into another and it locks up.

This is NOT hypothetical, I've tried it out multiple times. Send me the files when they're ready

Warrior

Upper Midcard
Reaction score
Sir, can you explore this concept with WWE All Stars please? Thank you in advance!

zhigge

Midcard
Reaction score
i sent you the files earlier today. followed the directions to a t.. let me know what you find..

TheDarthFoundation

Main Eventer
Reaction score
zhigge said:
i sent you the files earlier today. followed the directions to a t.. let me know what you find..
BrienJ poitned out that there are actually 4 entries in the misc.pac, 2 of which must be edited in order for it to show up. One entry is for 4:3 displays(which I am on) and the other is for 16:9 displays(which YOU MIGHT be on). So once Brien tells me(I'm hoping he does). I'll update the tut. The files you sent me are edited correctly, so I don't know whats up there.

jcsix

Main Eventer
Reaction score
I thought I would have a little go ad this by adding your Brock. Everything was going fine until you have to find the byte. I have no clue where I'm looking there. So I tryed following the tut with Jericho and no luck.

How did you/do you find the byte? Do you search for it?

OverTheEdge

Opener
Reaction score
jcsix said:
I thought I would have a little go ad this by adding your Brock. Everything was going fine until you have to find the byte. I have no clue where I'm looking there. So I tryed following the tut with Jericho and no luck.

How did you/do you find the byte? Do you search for it?
Do you mean the .pac's hex value (i.e. the 68 for Jericho)? If so, once you search for the 'COS' string, just scroll down until you find the corresponding number for the Superstar/Diva's .pac number.

Status
Not open for further replies.