[Closed] HCTP editor

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikethebike

Legend
Reaction score
Anyone interested in one?

In that case the way I'd like to do it is as a combined PAC importer, code generator tool, so that all editing can be done onto existing save games. It would be compatible with PCSX2 (would generate a cheat file). I think this way would be the easiest (compared to doing it the way I did it last time with svredit). At the moment this is just an idea though, so don't believe this will actually happen.

nikethebike

Legend
Reaction score
Anyone interested in one?

In that case the way I'd like to do it is as a combined PAC importer, code generator tool, so that all editing can be done onto existing save games. It would be compatible with PCSX2 (would generate a cheat file). I think this way would be the easiest (compared to doing it the way I did it last time with svredit). At the moment this is just an idea though, so don't believe this will actually happen.

Prinsto

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
i really like the "code generator" idea. always rebuilding the iso is kinda annoying. but i think supporting both options would be also good, for people who play on a real ps2 and don't want to insert every code manually.

well, take your time and who knows, maybe modding HCTP will be more "mainstream" in the near future^^

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
It's the funnest of all the Smackdown games. It would be huge.

Meh.

Midcard
Reaction score
Make this happen and you'll have an ECW save happen, eventually. :p

TheDoctor

Legend
Reaction score
Prinsto said:
i really like the "code generator" idea. always rebuilding the iso is kinda annoying. but i think supporting both options would be also good, for people who play on a real ps2 and don't want to insert every code manually.

well, take your time and who knows, maybe modding HCTP will be more "mainstream" in the near future^^
If it gets made, hopefully it will support both ways as I know a lot of people who play on the ps2 such as myself.

WCW Rick

Midcard
Reaction score
i have a modded ps2 would be cool to mod this then play on ps2 good luck nike with this

baal666

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Always been amazed by people who create tools, just curious How long does it take to create somerthing like it ?

nikethebike

Legend
Reaction score
Ages.

It's all up to the amount of features to put into it and the amount of free time one has.

I spent way way way way more time on the 2010 editor than I played the game.

However, making it as a code generator, if done the right way, COULD make it quicker.

Remember guys, codes that are savable can be saved to memory card and be exported to formats that can be put on a normal PS2.

Also PCSX2 cheats are raw format that can be converted to other cheat formats for those that have cheat devices... :)

SouL

Midcard
Reaction score
Dude,.. This stuff is huge... I hope you will be successful in making this... This means a lot to us HCTP modders....

God bless!!!!

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
Freaking sweet. Still wish SYM models could be swapped in. BUt we can just make CAWS and edit their textures, correct?

KWG

Promoter
Staff member
Reaction score
CBV said:
Freaking sweet. Still wish SYM models could be swapped in. BUt we can just make CAWS and edit their textures, correct?
But we can.

Check out Soul,Prinsto and others work in a topic I don't remember the name,here in HCTP section :)

nikethebike

Legend
Reaction score
Hogan (with some small noticeable texture bugs) and Jeff Hardy works at least.
Wouldn't be considering this game otherwise honestly.

I'd like to get in some guys like DDP as well from SYM though.

waleedgaber.619

Main Eventer
Reaction score
SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY ! (i wish i could donate but online payment is not an option here )

Status
Not open for further replies.