[Closed] Help putting modded textures into game

Status
Not open for further replies.

drlovebox

Young Lion
Reaction score
Hello, I have been lurking around here looking at all the tutorials to add texture hacks to my games, more specifically SVR 2011 on psp. Now the problem I am having is inserting said mods into my game, I can edit the textures and then insert them into the pacs no problem, using the svr importer tool, but when I try to bring them into my game ISO using UMDgen, they enter fine, but when I boot up the game everything is vanilla. Am I doing something wrong or is there some other way meant to put them into the game, if so I haven't found any and decided to join the forum here and ask
edit: also, I notice when I use the svr importer and import the arena .pac, it gives two more files for the bg.pac and plistpsp.ar, giving me bg.pac.bak and plistpsp.arc.bak, which two am I supposed to use and what are the .bak files?

The Best

Legend
Reaction score
The .bak files are a backup for example if you made a mistake you can just delete the old pac and then rename your backup by deleting the extension (".bak") and you will get the original pac back again.

drlovebox

Young Lion
Reaction score
Thanks, but I'm still wondering how to put them into my game, am I correct in using the Umd gen method of just putting the bg.pac and plistpsp.arc into the iso through umd gen?

honkytonkman

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Website
honkytonkman-adriano.blogspot.it
bak files are not to use in rebuilding iso..as said by the best ,these files are only for archive copy of originals. the new bg.pac and plistpsp.arc ,you have after your mods ,must be insert in the same place of originals ( arc in USRDIR folder and bg in USRDIR->pac->bg folders..after this you can rebuild iso with UMDgen.

drlovebox

Young Lion
Reaction score
How do I prevent my game from crashing after trying to load up the modded arena?I managed to make the mods and rebuild the iso with them, but when I boot up my game and try to load the arena, the game freezes and then crashes

CenzTom

Legend
Reaction score
U might nt have made the arena correctly if u made it. No offense. U might have accidentally made it a bigger size. Try importing someone elses made arena for PSP not PS2. And if ur editing ones in tm2 format then those are PS2 arena textures!

drlovebox

Young Lion
Reaction score
nah i'm editing them as png's then converting them back to gim's

honkytonkman

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Website
try to use hardx36 's tool for svr 2011 . you find the link in tutorial section.
i think problem is the bigger size of bg.pac and a no -right updating of arc file. i never used svr edit but i believe you don't follow right way updating the arc.

drlovebox

Young Lion
Reaction score
weird cause I've been using hardx36's importer tool this whole time
edit: I've tried downloading some arena texture mods on here and they still crash my game, I imported them also using the svr importer. Do I need to do something to my psp to allow it to use texture hacks or something?

honkytonkman

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Website
drlovebox said:
weird cause I've been using hardx36's importer tool this whole time
edit: I've tried downloading some arena texture mods on here and they still crash my game, I imported them also using the svr importer. Do I need to do something to my psp to allow it to use texture hacks or something?
i used hardx's tool for arenas in svr 2009 psp and worked always right, but arenas were modded by myself, doin' the right ways in textures, gim convertion , etc. all i had to do carefully was to find right 2009's arenas ids, cause tool was made for 2011 .
comin'back to the problem, if textures respected the indexed colors ,8 bit , and game crash it can be only the arc file. but, maybe some trasparent textures could create problems..usually if i mod a trasparent texture i save it in 32 bit

drlovebox

Young Lion
Reaction score
ah then it might be saving the png's, I simply open then in Photoshop and when I'm done editing them I save them as PNG's. is there certain things I need to do in Photoshop when editing them?

honkytonkman

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Website
textures in psp must be saved in png indexed (256) colors ,8 bit. then converted in gim using GIMCONV
if textures is trasparent i usually saved the png in 32 bit.it works right . i use as graphic tools PAINT NET and PHOTOFILTRE
textures in psp must be saved in png indexed (256) colors ,8 bit AND 96 DPI of RESOLUTION

drlovebox

Young Lion
Reaction score
When I try to inject textures, it keeps saying "texture file must be same size as original", I also made sure all the edited ones were saved as indexed. How do I fix this?

honkytonkman

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Website
clic on left in XPACKER where is written FILE ,then click on NEW ->TEXTURE ARCHIVE..in new window select all textures and save it in pac with the name of original archive (exemple : C8.pac).
this option is to use when one or more textures are bigger than original and xpacker can't inject.

drlovebox

Young Lion
Reaction score
Alright I've finally managed to get mods into my game, but there are a few glitches that come.
I managed to get it to work by injecting a gim file into c8.pac and then compiling all of the other ones into a texture archive. But there are a few glitches, the apron looks fine but the matt is weird, it's hard to tell but it copies the design four times over the mat, and the entrance section is completely wonky, I was using Hiac for example, and it was weird and a few parts were taken from the survivor series set
80-q0I3t0T.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.