[Closed] How to replace wwe 13 models with older ones(xbox360)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zhigge

Midcard
Reaction score
So i finally figured out how to replace models in the game. I'm still testing some people at the moment so i will be updating this list with people who will give you problems.

The quick and dirty how to do it.
1) select your replacement pac from an older game.
2) open it with a hex editor
3) scroll down until you find the words EMD
4) next to EMD you will see for example 00013702..
5) change this number to the number of the wwe13 model your replacing
6) save the file as the name of the wwe13 pac file you are replacing
7) copy file to your usb or xbox 360 harddrive ch folder for wwe 13
8) update the arc file with xpacker and your set.

example: we will replace godfathers girl 1 with layla from wwe12

1) find laylas pac. it is pac number 228.
2) open her pac file in a hex editor and search for the EMD, you will see 00022802.
3) change that number to 317.
4) so now it should read 00031702
5) now save the pac as ch317.pac
6) rename the current ch317.pac file on the usb/360 hard drive to -ch317.pac
7) copy your modified layla pac(ch317.pac) you just created to ch317.pac to the location on your usb/harddrive of where you mad the change in step 6.
8) now open xpacker and, in my case since i'm using a usb drive, open the window to the wwe13 ch file location where the pac files are stored.
9) update both arc files.
10) load game and you are done.

I am slowly working on how to add people without replacing. Until then I will update this file with characters that you can not modify if i have time. also i will continue to simplify this document as it is not as hard as i thought which is why i don't understand why others haven't shared this with the masses.. if you replace them like justin Gabriel. i tried to replace him with Micheal mcguillicutty from wwe 12 and the face is messed up. this is not because of the texture but the coding.

update:
well it appears there are no bad models you just have to make sure the pac you are importing is not larger than the pac you are importing into. I moved several people around that appeared errored prior and they work fine now with no distortion to the face.

OverTheEdge

Opener
Reaction score
Wow. As someone who's just starting to get into this stuff, this seems extremely helpful. Thanks for taking the time to not only figure it out, but to type something up and share it on here.

zhigge

Midcard
Reaction score
no problem. its hard to find people to help you out when your new to it. for some reason everyone wants to horde information and complain when people ask for it. I took a risk and tried some stuff, but most people don't want to or shouldn't have to when others have already done it and know the results.

anywho, i will be testing over the weekend and let you all know who can go where based on wwe12 models without the face glitch. so far they will just not show emotions but they don't have dark faces or other texture looking issues.

Seeder

Young Lion
Reaction score
Man , this is not working for me :(
I am trying to replace godfather girl #1 with layla followin your example , I have done everything you have wrote in the tutorial , but the model of the girl doesn't change , it's still the godfather #1 girl ...
Sorry for my English.

zhigge

Midcard
Reaction score
Seeder said:
Man , this is not working for me :(
I am trying to replace godfather girl #1 with layla followin your example , I have done everything you have wrote in the tutorial , but the model of the girl doesn't change , it's still the godfather #1 girl ...
Sorry for my English.
hmm you sure. i've changed them both to natty and layla.

do this.. oops i see the problem. when you save the open layla pac, save it as ch317.pac not ch31702.pac. my apologies on that.. it should work then.

Seeder

Young Lion
Reaction score
I have save the edited pac file of layla WWE '12 texture as ch317.pac
Than , I open Xpacker , open the modded pac file and update the arc files and than transfer the arc files and the modded pac file in the game and replaced the old ones.
What should I do ?

zhigge

Midcard
Reaction score
I will assume you are doing this on a usb.
go to your usb wwe 13 ch folder and rename ch317 to -ch317.pac
now copy your newly created layla pac to that usb wwe 13 ch pac folder
now open up xpacker and locate that newly added ch317 folder containing layla and do the arch update to both archs files.
then you are done.

the update has to be done within the folder where you wwe13 ch files are stored for it to work.

waleedgaber.619

Main Eventer
Reaction score
good job man some people have done it but the faces don't have expressions does this fix it ?

zhigge

Midcard
Reaction score
sadly no. I found a few people that do not get messed up like the current triple h. i can use him with almost any model and don't have the face distortion, it just has poker face lol.

Seeder

Young Lion
Reaction score
OK man , thanks , I will try it tomorrow again :)

bugsyboy

Young Lion
Reaction score
im trying to mod ingame superstar for wwe13 ,i have extrac the ch212.pac (British Bulldog) and i have edit the colour dds and save it ,whats my next step after that ,how can i rebuild the pac file

zhigge

Midcard
Reaction score
so far thats what the top guys like brienj and draven have said. Thq changed the format of how they make wrestlers from svr 11 to wwe12 and again on wwe 13. So right now we can only use the wwe 12 models until brienj finishes this tool he is working on that may allow us to import older guys.

keherese

Opener
Reaction score
Nice tutorial dude!

Update: I try to replace triple H 99 with Triple h from wwe 12. Change the CH102 to CH358 with HxD and followed your instruction carefully but i get fatal crash intercepted. What did i do wrong? I also update both arc files :/

L

LukeWNZ

Crowd Member
Hi, really excited at the prospect of being able to restore some of the older characters to the game (especially with so many double-ups this year), but the software you mention, and where to get the files is all a bit unclear, does it need to be done with a hacked xbox? Is there an earlier thread with this sort of foundation information you could point me to?

Thanks!

TheDoctor

Legend
Reaction score
LukeWNZ said:
Hi, really excited at the prospect of being able to restore some of the older characters to the game (especially with so many double-ups this year), but the software you mention, and where to get the files is all a bit unclear, does it need to be done with a hacked xbox? Is there an earlier thread with this sort of foundation information you could point me to?

Thanks!
If you don't have a Jtag or RGH 360 replacing models is not possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.