[Closed] Infinity's CAW guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infinity

Young Lion
Reaction score
This will be a basic guide on how to make a decent looking CAW in vanilla NM. I am not a legendary CAW god, but I have some tips I'd like to share.

This guide is more for the just starting off players, so you pros won't probably find any use in this guide.

Step 1. Basic Information
I think you can figure this out on your own. You can get accurate weight and height on sites such as WWE.com or The Pro Wrestling Wiki.

Step 2. Appearance
The biggest problem is your wrestlers face. There is only a set number of faces, and a big part of them belong to guys like Howard Finkel or J.R, so getting a proper face is a challenge. My best advice is to leave the face last, editing everything else first, even head shape and facial hair. After the attire and basic head model are done, it's a lot easier to find a face that at least resembles the guy that you're copying.

If you still can't find a face that looks like your wrestler, get a face with a similar expression. Creating a happy-go-lucky wrestler? Get a wrestler with a happy face.

Next up: attire. Making an attire is actually not that hard. Only problems might occur if the wrestler you are making sports multi-colored gear. Then you either going to have to use your imagination, or sacrifice some detail. Got a wrestler with text on his tights? No problem. Just use The Rock's tights, or Triple H's. You're not going to pay much attention to details anyway when you are playing. Another option is to use Malenko's tights. Color the upper part black, and the line thingy any color you want, and you have pretty decent looking tights right there.

There's some parts you're going to use often, and some parts you'll probably never use. D'lo's tanktop is excellent. It has no logos or text, so you could use it on modern Taker or Nash. Don't shy away from a part if it's already used by a wrestler from the games roster. Most of them just have one or two logos, and you can make them practically invisible by coloring them with a same color than the rest of the attire. The Original parts often have pretty abstract shapes, so they are good to use too. With some imagination you should be able to create pretty much anyone.

Step 3. Moveset
Making a moveset for your wrestler can be tedious, especially if you're making many CAWs. But a good looking wrestler is nothing if he dosen't act like the real life counterpart. If you don't know your wrestler well, The Pro Wrestling Wiki is a good place to get accurate movesets. Also, other games can help too. Making Vader? Get his moveset from Virtual Pro Wrestling 2.

I don't think any wrestler has enough moves to fill out an entire moveset. So, you'll going to have to take some liberties with the moves. Make sure to Favorite moves, that your wrestler does regularly in real life. You can favorite a move by pressing C-left. What that does, is making your wrestler more likely to do that move when he is controlled by the AI. It is a wise idea to Favorite your wrestlers main finisher.

Now, some modern finishers can be problematic. But most of them can be found in some shape or form. For example Cena's AA. You can use the Death Valley Driver. Lesnar's F5? Front Face Pancake. Many WCW finishers are in the game, because AKI made the WCW games as well. The likes of the Steiner Screwdriver, Goldberg's Jackhammer and Kevin Nash's Jacknife Powerbomb all are in the game, plus more.

For some reason, you have to have a front Special, and a back Special, even if your wrestler uses a top rope finisher. Is this case you might want to give him something from his moveset, or some generic move, like a Brainbuster, for example.

Step 4. Parameters
Next up you can assign some attribute points for your wrestler. You can assign points for the head, body, arms, legs and flying ability, both offensive and defensive. Offensive points measure how much damage your wrestler will do with that body part. Booker T should have high leg damage, for example. Defensive stats measure how much damage your wrestler can take to that body part, before it becomes damaged.

Next you can adjust some sliders to change your wrestler's attributes. These are pretty easy to figure out.

Then you can assign your wrestler rivals, and who will accompany him to the ring.

Step 5. Some other tips
You get 18 CAW slots by default, but each of those slots can have 4 alternate attires. The alternate attires can have different music, names and appearance, but the moves and parameters have to be the same. And if you use a certain hack, you can directly use your mempak CAWs, effectively doubling the amount to 36.
The hack: http://s4.zetaboards.com/Old_Skool_Reunion?topic=9168665/1/#new
Applying the hack is quite easy, your Project64 has instrunctions for this.

Basically everyone has been made in NM, so go to our dear friend Google, search "input wrestler here" WWF No Mercy CAW, if you're having trouble.

super_joker

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
I only just saw this

what a great read!

I never understood the parameters until now! Thanks heaps

great tips too!

My only tip is:

Be humble with the attires, the least you can do is make a wrestler with their rookie attire or old school gear, but there is no doubt you can have 99% of wrestlers ever! made into this game if you just google right or have a mind like an elephant!

:topicbump:

Assbag Stan

Young Lion
Reaction score
Agreed. Too bad this guy got banned.

I like how this guy wrote this in easy to understand, noob freindly English. Even a noob can understand this.

Status
Not open for further replies.