[Closed] Melv makes things

Status
Not open for further replies.

MelvanaInChainsII

Young Lion
Reaction score
so, y'ello. i've been at this shindig for a while but i never actually, like...released anything during that time. noticing that i make a lot of stuff that just doesn't get released, i figured i'd start fixing that with this newest mod i made, inspired by somebody else using the textures from MK4 many a year ago

reiko1.png

reiko2.png

reiko3.png

reiko4.png

reiko5.png

there's still some graphical details i need to touch up and i should probably supply a moveset (and alternatively a gameshark code that'll replace a built-in wrestler moveset with a custom one) in the future but for now i just supplied the formula to make the textures show up and really nothing else, just to test the water right quick

DOWNLOADS:
Genjuro
Reiko

bluntfello

Main Eventer
Reaction score
He looks really good man. Any chance you can make Raiden or a more popular character from MK?

MelvanaInChainsII

Young Lion
Reaction score
thanks! i'd try, i'm not really sure how his straw hat would work (which unfortunately eliminates me trying to make sokaku from fatal fury as well), so i'm assuming i'd essentially kinda be forced to impliment how he looked in the movie, unless there's some model trickery i don't know about, could give it a shot though. other characters that have textures on the ready should be mostly possible regardless!

i have made reptile....but it's specifically for how he shows up in NBA jam. in fact, i put a whole bunch of screenshots to show the more 'notable' of what i've done so far, the roughness/incompleteness of some of them before i knew how everything worked aside

Angela Belti (Power Instinct)
Bonesaw McGraw (Spider-Man)
Booger (ECW Anarchy Rulz) (made a custom moveset + moveset hack code)
Diavolo (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)
Dim Sum (WCW/NWO World Tour)
Doctrine Dark (Street Fighter EX)
Han Zo Mon (WCW/NWO Revenge) (made a custom moveset)
Heart Heat Harn/Headless Harn (Battle Monsters)
Judgement (Battle Arena Toshinden 3)
MASK DE Smith (Killer7)
Pesci (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure) (made a custom moveset + moveset hack code)
Reptile (Mortal Kombat+NBA Jam)
Rich Evans (RedLetterMedia)
Sankuro Yorozu (Samurai Shodown)
Taro (Daraku Tenshi)
Zappa (Guilty Gear)
Zato-1 (Guilty Gear)

i also have noticed textures extracted from power stone have been floating around for some time now, might try to make galuda sometime[/SPOILER]

bluntfello

Main Eventer
Reaction score
I marked out a little seeing the character from Samurai Shodown, one of my favorite game series ever. You should do more from that series, like Genjuro or Ukyo.

The NekoMancer

Promoter
Reaction score
This looks great for a beginner's work!

I'd suggest working more on that alignment, and complement with bases :)

Keep it up!

MelvanaInChainsII

Young Lion
Reaction score
bluntfello said:
I marked out a little seeing the character from Samurai Shodown, one of my favorite game series ever. You should do more from that series, like Genjuro or Ukyo.
that's great to hear; genjuro should be totally possible considering...y'know, sankuro's just a headswap of him, and ukyo shouldn't be too hard to pull off. i'll see what i can do since those are two of my favorite characters from it

also @ second post, thanks, i assume the bases will help with getting the face/head sides to compliment each other, cuz hoo boy i've been havin some trouble with that

before i start working on various things here, might as well show off what i was working on before i had to do some stuff yesterday

wip19.png

obviously incomplete because i was trying to see if i could pull off ANY part of this right and it seems i can. moveset is taken directly from specific wrestlers from wcw/nwo revenge by roster order (don't ask, was bored one night) so it seems appropriate

and if any requests to upload any of the things i've shown already, lemme hear em
started/released Genjuro

genj1.png

genj2.png

kinda half-assed the face but there's a frustratingly small source of artwork where he's facing forward. i'm amused at how this ended up looking more like cary hiroyuki-tagawa at any rate

link included in first post. on my plate now is possibly rayden, ukyo, meat and galuda, if i don't come up with any more ideas before that

Status
Not open for further replies.