[Closed] Tekken57/TSF's Hair Hack Tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDarthFoundation

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Well, with the new way of adding hair found by Tekken57 and since he so kindly released the info to all, I'm writing up a tutorial because Tekken himself doesn't have the time(totally understandable, he's pretty busy with his job, life, etc.). So, lets get started!
......OH! And don't ask me to do a video tutorial, because I won't. NOW, let's get started :p

Hair Replacement:

First off, you're going to need to find out who you want to mod with long hair(or in some cases, with short hair, or just replace a hair model if you don't like it), I'll choose Stephanie McMahon:

4sej9f.jpg

Alright, so if you take a look at the texture inside the red border, this is the hair texture that Stpehanie's hair yobj (1027.yobj) uses. Now, our main goal is to find a guy or girl with different hair, since I don't like her in game hair, I have to find another hair model that roughly has the same hair texture placement as Steph's. Even if it does overlap a little bit, we can fix that later, it just has to fit in rougly. I've used Brie Bellas's hair.
Now, Brie's hair fit's in just fine with Stephanie's so this is going to be easy. Simply extract the 1027.yobj from Brie's PACH file and inject it in Stephanie's 1027 PACH slot.

22kydl.png

This is Brie's hair model, so we have to extract this, this is done simply by right clicking and selecting export.

Now, we save it as BrieHair.yobj(just an example of a suitable filename) and open up Stpehanie's PACH file in X-Packer:
20ru29w.png

Just click inject and choose BrieHair.yobj you extracted earlier. Now inject the Stephanie's edited PACH file into her PAC file and update your arc files(since the filesize has become bigger.

Note: You have to do the extracting using the PAC archiver and injecting through X-Packer. You can do everything with X-Packer(Extracting and injecting) But I'm not going over that right now. If you're replacing WWE '13 hair with WWE '13 hair, I think it can be done through the archiver, but if you add WWE '12 hair to a WWE '13 PAC you have to use X-PacKer.

Alpha Trick:

Now let's suppose the hair texture placement of the hair model you want to add overlaps the texture a bit. Easy fix, open up the normal.dds in PS, go into the aplha, then wherever the hair texture is over-lapping go over that with black.
......Okay, didn't explain that well enough, so I'll do it with examples, lol:
Brie's Hair placement is smaller than Stephanie's so if I wanted to add Stephanie's hair to Brie, Stephanie's hair model file would look for a bigger texture than the hair texture present in Brie's color.dds. To fix this, we open up Brie's normal.dds and paste Stephanie's texture over the normal.dds, now select the area in which Stephanie's hair texture is overlapping another texture on brie's normal, and then with the selection go into the alpha channel and fill the selection with black. This way, the (Stephanie's) hair model will only use how much we 'told' it to. Hope I explained that better now, lol.

S.S.V

Upper Midcard
Reaction score
Gr8 tutorial TSF. I am wondering is this work for wii.i will test now

S.S.V

Upper Midcard
Reaction score
Nope . it dont work for wii. i replaced cm punk hair with eddie's and injected into cm punk's pac and then load it in the game but cm punk is with his normal hair in the game

jcsix

Main Eventer
Reaction score
May I ask. Are you using the default Punk pac in x-packer? I remember when I used the dummy pac for Bret Hart and edited the values in x-packer, then did all the changes in BrienJ's program and when I went back into x-packer, it couldn't open the edited attire files (000103 etc.).

NizamAwesome13

Upper Midcard
Reaction score
Shaw said:
Nope . it dont work for wii. i replaced cm punk hair with eddie's and injected into cm punk's pac and then load it in the game but cm punk is with his normal hair in the game
No no no,its working.Abylai proof them. :B-)

thegamegk

Midcard
Reaction score
ohh!! man...so much for the pach file shit...inside a wrestler's Pac file or any pac...why??
in wwe version of games and not SVR series??

SuperAJ

Young Lion
Reaction score
hello, I have a question, how do I extract by xpacker hair texture so modify ?

Status
Not open for further replies.