crashing

membball84

Young Lion
Reaction score
So Two matches in a row, a war games, (from a hack) and also a regular non hacked team battle I have had the project64 crash on me or freeze up .... I know my laptop isnt the greatest but it should be able to handle what I am running .... any Idea's? ... Also since I am in the help page figured I would ask .... did I do something wrong with my texture folder for every wrestler to have two ears plastered together on the back of their head? ... every wrestler has this on mine so just checking.
Ok so an update. ... So I've noticed stuttering of the crowd noise in any kind of match with 4 guys in it.... Then inevitably about 6 minutes in eventually it just either freezes or crashes all together. ..... Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Fizanko

Midcard
Reaction score
If your crashes are from Showdown64 , Chuckiepk had given some piece of cheat code that need to replace the ones from the original download to fix some crash instances.

I attach to this post my current Showdown64 Project64.cht file in which i had made the modification Chuckiepk mentionned in case you have difficulty to do it yourself being new to P64.
Just extract Project64.cht from the attached zip file and replace your Showdown64 Project64.cht (in the Config folder) by this one.

edit : file slightly too big to be attached, uploaded to mediafire instead :
http://www.mediafire.com/file/d3tgk3gu3kg11ct/updcheatshow64.zip

membball84

Young Lion
Reaction score
Hey thank you so much I appreciate it! I'll see if that works
Thanks for the updated cheat. It fixed a weird texture thing I had going but just to put it to the test I did a team baffle and two minutes In it froze. I was reading some things about pouting it to interpreter instead of recompiler but the game doesn't show up when I do that so... Oh well, I mean it seems that singles matches work ok. Just real laggy and stutters and eventually freezes on me during a 4 man match of any kind
I think I may have figured it out ... finally went start to finish in a fatal 4 way elimination with hogan savage warrior and steamboat about 8 minutes long .... so I had my full screen res to 1200 x 800 I believe or something like that I turned it down and the lag was gone and no freeze that time