Deadpool : the game

baal666

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Deadpool.gif

<big>Deadpool : The Game</big><span style="color:black"><span style="color:red">

<span style="color:white">I've never read any comic but have a basic knowledge of the character so when the game was annonced i thought it would be a "Wolverine Uncaged Edition with guns and fun and...bOObs". Didn't finish the game yet but here's what i think about it.

Graphics : They're not awesome but still good. There is what i'd call a multilayered character (like in Wolverine) where hurted parts disappear to show the skin and muscles. I was hoping for gross violence but even if there are dismemberments the blood splatters look a little cartoony to givr that feeling.

Gameplay : Easy to handle, the fights are enjoyable with great combos, possibility to chain blade and gun attacks. The upgrades and weapons give a good diversity to the game attacks but it still becomes a little repetitive. The dumb actions you can perform (like bitchslapping Wolverine for 2mn) bring absolutely nothing to the story but are matching the crazyness of the character.

Too Short : According to some reviews the game only take 6/7 hours to be finished. There are challenge maps where you have to face waves of enemies too add some play time.

Overall Atmosphere : Funny ! everything from the cutscenes to the little catchphrases while fighting are completely twisted, got me laughing my ass off even when i die (happened a lot).

Verdict : Don't expect this game to be as good as Arkham Asylum or even Wolverine UE. If it wasn't for the funny atmosphere and sillyness of the character i would give it a 5.5 or 6/10 but with it's humor the game is really enjoyable and stands out from many other action games/beat'em all which are serious.
To conclude this game deserves :
<span style="color:red"><big><big>7.5/10</big></big>