Debate League Discussion

Blue Warrior

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Here is the place to discuss about DL and ask for matches.

Rules are simple. Debaters start the debate and they pick a choice that is offered in the topic. Then they debate by proving whose choice is better. There are special matches but for now we won't use them. Debaters can't post after the decided deadline or their post is invalid.

Super El Guapo

Main Eventer
Reaction score
why don't you and me just start off do you want to pick the topic?
what is a debate
debate rules
another thing too who ever the chairman is they should READ the whole post not just skim over it and we should pick a chairman first i nominate Ronald rain i think he has a very good understanding for the English language ( has anyone heard from him lately )
so lets start!

Super El Guapo

Main Eventer
Reaction score
<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>Blue Warrior</dt><dd>Jan 10 2011, 03:10:36 AM</dd></dl><div>Rules are simple, but I added them to the 1st post.[/quote]
gorilla2o.jpg

now i don't want to sound like a dick but is English your first language, bro try reading post, i never ask for rules man i posted links to "real rules of debating". don't skim read then post it just makes us both look stupid.
just like the f'n why money can't be printed topic the other night

Blue Warrior

Main Eventer
Reaction score
LOL I just said that rules are pretty simple to understand, but anyways I added them to the 1st post.

Seems like you and me just can't get along.

Super El Guapo

Main Eventer
Reaction score
i just think we don't understand each others English it happens, nothing personal but man. :unsure:

AKI Man

Legend
Reaction score
Website
s4.zetaboards.com
Ok well I was hoping I would see some debating but it seems more about who has English as there first language he he he!!!

Well hit me with suggestions guys and I guess the Debate League can be related to anything in general?

Blue Warrior

Main Eventer
Reaction score
tnafan, we make a thread for each debate. And DL is related only to wrestling. Nice to C you postin' in this thread bro!

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
I think a real debate league on the forum would be welcome, however, it should pertain to all things, not just wrestling.

Too many forums are strictly wrestling discussion. It gets old, we should also follow the accepted rules of debate, that way there can be no misunderstandings.

Blue Warrior

Main Eventer
Reaction score
I think that debates about something else should be used in exibition matches, but the main topics should be about wrestling.

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
Honestly, if you want a strictly wrestling debate league, post it in the wrestling section.
OSR is trying to be different than a lot of other boards going around. You can find endless amounts of wrestling discussion at TWR, NMZ, WGP, CRW, WLK on top of dozens and dozens more boards. There are more important things than wrestling. It would appear that there is more than enough of an outlet for wrestling discussion and debate, why saturate the board with even more here?

We have a "Unlock the Past" ideal that we're trying to push here, yet another thread entirely devoted to wrestling won't really do much to help us. It seems we have plenty of members willing to participate in a debate league, however, it would appear they would like to discuss more things than just wrestling. We are trying to attract more members outside of the wrestling community, as well, a debate league where wrestling is highlighted over other issues is well.... just stupid. Of all the things to have a formal debate about, wrestling is very low on the list... and I'm IN a pro wrestling camp!

The idea for a debate league is great, however, you said debate league, what do you think is going to pop into the minds of intelligent people when they read this? Thus, the classic rules of debate should be held in regard.

Every debate, in and of itself, IS an exhibition. We have FOUR different sections devoted to pro-wrestling, which ac-cumulatively have 5 sub-forums within. There is plenty of room there for wrasslin' discussion and debate. As a matter of fact, wrestling debates happen there quite often.

Now, if you seriously want a debating league, you are going to have to understand that there is universal rules of engagement pertaining to how a debate plays out, these rules, which I believe Micheal was kind enough to post, exist for the fact to keep the debate a DEBATE, instead of an argument where everybody just gets into a pissing contest.

Personally, I AM for a debate league, but not a wrasslin' argument league. Being as I was briefly on a debate team in school, I know what I'm talking about.

If this turns into just another wrestling topic, consider me NOT participating, which is sad, being as I am able to articulate my synapses quite well. :star wars:

Blue Warrior

Main Eventer
Reaction score
I see that people love debating non-wrestling related topics. Then I'm going to add another stipulation. Wrestling topics are going to be used only in title matches and in one match per week. All of the other topics will be non wrestling related. Is that okay?

Blue Warrior

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Me and Michael could start it since he wanted to debate me. Other pair: tnafan vs. cowboyvenus, up tommorow.

AKI Man

Legend
Reaction score
Website
s4.zetaboards.com
<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>Blue Warrior</dt><dd>Jan 12 2011, 05:07:49 PM</dd></dl><div>Was that a joke or...[/quote]lol.

Ok well if everyone is happy we can start this tommoz?

I suggest doing a debate based on Non wrestling, maybe some relating to Global warming or politics? Something where it can lead into a heated debate. Im all for a wrestling one, but we should not follow the bandwangon and do something unique.

Ok, ideas for the first debate guys?

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
Seriously, count me out. I'm only interested in debates if they are real debates, following the accepted rules OF debate.

AKI Man

Legend
Reaction score
Website
s4.zetaboards.com
cowboyvenus said:
Seriously, count me out. I'm only interested in debates if they are real debates, following the accepted rules OF debate.
Bro, come on!! Your great in discussions and agree that a real debate based on the real world is better. I would like my Gmod to reconsider? Please :star wars: