ECW: Bound By Blood

KWG

Promoter
Staff member
Reaction score
DCLK said:
How to download it?
This project is not complete, and hasn't been released yet.

chrisjericho99

Young Lion
Reaction score
Hey everyone I am new to this scene. I found out about Freems work and was blown away about the work yall have done to make these games playable on N64 thru everdrive. I grew up a huge ECW fan, this works is incredible. Is the paetreon still up? Id be willing to contribute to support the work going into this rom hack. Id freaking love to play this!

CashMcMan

Young Lion
Reaction score
Hi. This project is amazing. I read through the thread and saw where it was said that the early build was strictly a rom hack with no new textures. I really only play on console and it is so hard to find good rom hacks that work on everdrive. Do you know if any of your builds will work or are you planning on a release that would work on console with an everdrive? Thank you.

EDIT: Do you plan on opening pateron back up for support? I tried the link and it didn't seem to work.

Karlor

Young Lion
Reaction score
I tried to go to the Patreon and It seems to be deactivated?.. whats the best way to get a hold of the people behind it?.. if the public fundraising thing is crapped out whats the best way to support or get to a download link?... 

I was THE BIGGEST ECW MARK ON THE PLANET back then.. I even made my own Paule E style ECW hat that I wore to junior high school lol..

I bought the original ECW 64 game day one.. man it sucked... we had to play it, we had to try to like it, but it sucked compared to the AKI THQ games lol..

anyway please up this or make a new way for fans to support if that's required to get it in a more finished state..

It Looks f%$#ing legit!.. and I'm sure I'm not the only ECW creep foaming at the ass to play this!

Karlor

Young Lion
Reaction score
randymanfoo said:
This project is evolving. None of these previews contain texture replacements via graphic plugin or GS codes. This is all strictly done via ROM hack and VPW Studio. 

This will be released in an EXTREMELY EARLY BETA FORM. ONLY for the few people that were Patrons in the past few months. The Patreon service might be up again in the future, but is currently down due to a few complications.

Just wanted to show that this project still lives and is better than ever. Once the entire project is complete, we will include an HD texture pack and enhancement codes (for matches and fancier menus)
Again, none of these preview contain GS codes or textures via graphic plugin, this is solely the ROM with an enormous amount of hacking/modifications.

5NUo0wa.gif

10JON69.gif
CLz5yHZ.gif
qIAZJNv.gif

x5BLu81.gif

voapdMa.gif

I feel your pain at least somewhat.. I used to mod Skyrim like crazy back in the day.. All the stuff I made got jacked and "compiled" into different mods with zero credit or permissions.. It definitely stings weirdly when you see your stuff and someone else is taking credit or profiting for the first time..

So you have a few choices maybe when it come to releasing this mod:

1) Some how UN-hack the rom and put the stuff you've changes into a file structure not compatible for consoles?

2)When it gets to a point of viable release maybe include some kind of registration code or something that they can only get directly from you?

3)Load it with "dummy" files that don't effect PC play but would make it impossible to burn to a cart or something..

4) Bite the bullet and accept that at some point someone mite be a S@#T head and sell and just accept it... (I know it sucks but it is what it is)

5) BE THE GUY selling it lol release the PC version that is incompatible for carts but make and sell your own rom hacked carts for people who want them on consoles.. treat it as more of a "fan service" that your making them a cart rather then your"selling" the game if that makes sense.. and honestly this is gotta be a realty niche thing.. playing and modding 90's wrestling games so even if someone did sell it they probably wouldn't make much.. (still sucks but maybe you can find solace in that)

I know and understand your feelings on this.. however your obviously talented and have put hundreds of hours into honing your hacking.. and to let all that work kind of go un-enjoyed by people who will genuinely appreciate it is a shame almost worse then getting it sold in a way...

we LOVE this S$#T..  so it becomes a balancing act.. give it out and make everyone's heads blow off with excitement, along with the risk of someone taking it and being an ass clown..

or hiding away all your hard work and long nights and it just kind of fading into the void.. I personally would choose to blow peoples heads off lol ;)

KWG

Promoter
Staff member
Reaction score
Not the creator of the project obviously but wanted to address some of the points.
Karlor said:
1) Some how UN-hack the rom and put the stuff you've changes into a file structure not compatible for consoles?

3)Load it with "dummy" files that don't effect PC play but would make it impossible to burn to a cart or something..
Misses the point. I believe Randy made this a rom hack project specifically so it is compatible with original hardware, be it flashcarts or *self-made* repro carts.
Karlor said:
2)When it gets to a point of viable release maybe include some kind of registration code or something that they can only get directly from you?
Probably the most viable option, but quite an annoyance to administrate, specially considering this is a free hobby project.
Karlor said:
5) BE THE GUY selling it lol release the PC version that is incompatible for carts but make and sell your own rom hacked carts for people who want them on consoles.. treat it as more of a "fan service" that your making them a cart rather then your"selling" the game if that makes sense.. and honestly this is gotta be a realty niche thing.. playing and modding 90's wrestling games so even if someone did sell it they probably wouldn't make much.. (still sucks but maybe you can find solace in that)
Project will probably get shut down by Nintendo (or maybe Syn Sophia), things are already in a gray area as is, not worth the legal risk.

Karlor

Young Lion
Reaction score
KWG said:
Not the creator of the project obviously but wanted to address some of the points.
Karlor said:

Misses the point. I believe Randy made this a rom hack project specifically so it is compatible with original hardware, be it flashcarts or *self-made* repro carts.
Karlor said:
Probably the most viable option, but quite an annoyance to administrate, specially considering this is a free hobby project.
Karlor said:
Project will probably get shut down by Nintendo (or maybe Syn Sophia), things are already in a gray area as is, not worth the legal risk. 

A pure rom hack is a laudable goal and is really cool to see.. but if hes worried about it then maybe hold back the ROM hack version and just go with a PC emulation version only for public or something.. 

Yeah the code thing is a pain in the butt no matter how you do it..

The trick would be limited "promotion" of the available carts. That mixed with very limited runs of the carts. I mean making a N64 cartridge probably isnt the easiest thing around.. so limited runs of like 10 maybe 20 at a time and sell them on etsy or something.. again its really niche thing so while Nintendo is notorious I bet you could easily fly under the radar on something like this..

The main point is I'm just trying to brainstorm out a way for Randy to move forward with the project without that being a factor for him wanting to release or finish it out even.. it's so close it should be finished just to put a pin in it and call it done..

I know how it goes though.. modding is really an obsession and sometimes when you get fed up you get fed up lol