Editing the menu text

CKMBDavis

Young Lion
Reaction score
I'm sure this has been covered elsewhere, so I'd appreciate it if I could just be pointed in the right direction but......I'm wanting to mod the menu screens (Exhibition, Royal Rumble, Guest Referee, etc.) that are all highlighted in green when chosen. When I dump the textures for that screen, only the plain, white text version shows up in the texture dump folder. How might I go about replacing the text (example having it say "Battle Royal", instead of "Royal Rumble", "Special Referee" instead of "Guest Referee", etc.) and having the choices have the green highlighting effect like the original text has?

I hope that request made sense, and any info is most appreciated!

The NekoMancer

Promoter
Reaction score
Uh... modify the text on photoshop?

the green highlighting is automatic.

CKMBDavis

Young Lion
Reaction score
Oh, the green highlighting effect will show up regardless of what the text says? That's great. And the text can be modded in the same manner that faces and bodies are modded?
Thanks, all. I'll give it a shot!
Another quick question, how do I enable the text/image that I'm replacing to have the "transparent" background that the other menu options have?
Also, I have Photoshop, but tend to use GIMP for most of my modding needs. Again, thanks to all!

The NekoMancer

Promoter
Reaction score
where are you taking the texture dumps from?

You should get them at ci_by_png, or something like that.
the transparency thing depends on your editor, if you go to the layers window, right-click and there's some "alpha" option, forgot what it's called, lol.
If you're working on a png file, then you're good to go.

Yeah, you can modify the green halo to whatever you like. But it's a bitch to make look right, lol.

CKMBDavis

Young Lion
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm getting the dumped images from the folder you specified and working with png files. I figured the problem had something to do transparency which has always confused me - most any texture edits I've made that actually worked have been by accident -Lol! Thanks for the info I'll continue to dink around with it.

Rain

Midcard
Reaction score
You have to make sure they save as 32bit png not 24bit either by flattening the image then highlight and copy and then paste over a 32bit png and save obviously make a backup because it saves over then you may need to rename depending which texture you used to place over.I.E. you want to name as texture you want to replace in game.Or in photoshop click save as and select png then look for the box that says interlace and make sure that is checked.This applies to all textures in game 24bit will not show up in game hope that helps sincerely Rain

CKMBDavis

Young Lion
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice everyone!
And Rain, I sent you a pm as well.

somethingfunny

Young Lion
Reaction score
How would I go about editing that green to red? It doesn't seem like that green highlighting dumps as a texture, unless I'm just missing it.

The NekoMancer

Promoter
Reaction score
It does dump as a texture but whatever you do to it will remain green.

I bet there's some hacking method to change it though.