English patch + correct attires

Tonafide

Young Lion
Reaction score
So I have been playing VPW2 for years now on a cartridge and PJ64. I never had it translated but thankfully i just came across the English patch by SK Styles just a few hours ago. Before I even had the English patch I had a save from years ago that allowed me to have all the correct ring attires for everyone, since I translated the rom, it makes the whole menu in English but the whole game goes back to Japanese. Is there any way around this, I love having the patch but just having the wrong ring attires drive me absolutely nuts

S.K. Stylez

Backstage Worker
Reaction score
You can use any save. All you need to do is default everyone's name profile, then all the names will be in English.

Tonafide

Young Lion
Reaction score
<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>S.K. Stylez</dt><dd>Mar 11 2016, 04:50:26 AM</dd></dl><div>You can use any save. All you need to do is default everyone's name profile, then all the names will be in English.[/quote]

I am bit confused on what you mean by "all you need to do is default everyone's name". I am completely new to this

Without save:

15cysnk.jpg

a9ovs.png

With save:

vhdl4w.png

2qld7ys.png

Once I add the .sra file I had from years back with that had every wrestler in the correct costumes, it literally changes everything back to japanese. It changes the caw mode, it changes the prematch options, wrestlers names, and etc. Yet once I remove it, it goes back to everything being back in english and I have no problems only the wrestlers being in the wrong ring attires[/spoiler]

Tonafide

Young Lion
Reaction score
Chuckiepk said:
Do you have an extra copy of the save? I might know what you are doing wrong.
So I got it to finally work. The only thing that isn't translated is selecting the arena and in the story mode the very top part of the title

S.K. Stylez

Backstage Worker
Reaction score
Tonafide said:
Chuckiepk said:
Do you have an extra copy of the save? I might know what you are doing wrong.
So I got it to finally work. The only thing that isn't translated is selecting the arena and in the story mode the very top part of the title
Rename the arenas.