Game freezes after bell rings.

bluntfello

Main Eventer
Reaction score
My game just started freezing yesterday. Literally right after the bell rings for the match to begin and it says "fight" or whatever it says on screen the game freezes with those letters on screen and the characters also frozen. The music is still playing though but I can't do anything and have to close the whole thing.

Anyone have a fix for this or have experienced the same thing?

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
Can't really help if you don't post what cheats you have selected or your settings, man.

Just saying "it freezes when this happens" doesn't help us find the problem. ;)

KWG

Promoter
Staff member
Reaction score
I will go from the basics from my knowledge,aside from the cheats,did you mess around with the rom in anyway,like,importing stuff from other games or so? May be a faulty rom hack,just throwing the possibility here.

bluntfello

Main Eventer
Reaction score
To be honest it all started with my anti virus trying to block the emulator from starting all of a sudden one day. After months of playing it it's like my computer decided pj64 was a sketchy program for some reason.

PinkFloyd

Midcard
Reaction score
bluntfello said:
To be honest it all started with my anti virus trying to block the emulator from starting all of a sudden one day. After months of playing it it's like my computer decided pj64 was a sketchy program for some reason.
did you get PJ64 off the official site?
If you did, that's proably why

bluntfello

Main Eventer
Reaction score
PinkFloyd said:
bluntfello said:
did you get PJ64 off the official site?
If you did, that's proably why

Well I'm using Keson's 1.7 build that he put up somewhere in here, but yes I am also using the one from the official site. If there is a better one please PM me to where to go, I am pretty tired of all these bugs popping up on my game.

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
I would use the official release of 2.1, that's what I'm on now.

bluntfello

Main Eventer
Reaction score
So is the official release of 2.1 on the official Project 64 website? I was just using 1.7 because you could do control+T or whatever to preview your textures as you worked on them.

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
Use 1.7 for modding, 2.1 for playing. Less lag. At least on my machine.

bluntfello

Main Eventer
Reaction score
That is probably what I will have to do. Should I just use the same files from 1.7 and drop them into the 2.1 folder or should I transfer all my wrestlers from one emulator to the other? I've encountered too many bugs on 1.7. I wanna get back to modding on No Mercy but these bugs are a real turn off. Thanks.

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
Just transfer your textures and cheats and save file like any other save.

bluntfello

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Hasn't been freezing the last few days. Still gonna switch to 2.1