Guide for Move Replacements?

Snakeslippers

Young Lion
Reaction score
I have the move editor. Is there a guide that shows the starting steps to use it? The beginning is not clicking for me.

Does the game have to be on? Running? Some cheat enabled? How do I find a wrestlers move sets?

To make it easy, what would the steps be to say replace Earl Hebner from Showdown 64 to Gangrel?
I can do the texturing thats not a problem.
The move editor has default moves, so do I use the Gangrel move set from that? Is it the right code?

Now what are the steps? I tried google and youtube and can't find nothing.

Ok I watched a video of editing movesets, now I used Val Venis default moveset that comes with the move editor, replaced AJ Lee's moveset like the video shows and her moves didn't change to Venis. Anything I did wrong?

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
It comes with a readme file.

In the left column, place moveset you want to edit. Hit the "read" button.

Change the moves you want, hit the "write" button and it generates the code.

Make sure you have macros enabled.

Tyler Black

Upper Midcard
Reaction score
^also there’s a convert tab, If you don’t have the right wrestler ID, it won’t replace who you want it to. So for example, if your AJ Lee replaces Chyna, but you don’t convert the move set to Chynas ID in the convert tab, you won’t notice the move set change

Snakeslippers

Young Lion
Reaction score
<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>Keson Columbus</dt><dd>Feb 2 2018, 01:33:45 PM</dd></dl><div>It comes with a readme file.

In the left column, place moveset you want to edit. Hit the "read" button.

Change the moves you want, hit the "write" button and it generates the code.

Make sure you have macros enabled.[/quote]Thank you I got past that part after I posted. I think I been doing that part right.

How do I put it into Project64 after I get the code? I have your Showdown mod.

And if I try to convert moves, but have Showdown, how the hell do I find out who's replacing who? There's 4 people to one in game lol

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
Showdown doesn't really have room anymore to replace them, anymore, unless a CAW slot is open (I can't remember if one is, it's been so long).

In project 64, navigate to System/cheats

Select "Add New Cheat", name it accordingly, and have it selected when you start your game.

Keep in mind, cheats have a 140 (give or take, once again, been a while and I usually set my limit at 140) line limit, so for anything larger, you have to split them into parts.

Snakeslippers

Young Lion
Reaction score
<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>Keson Columbus</dt><dd>Feb 3 2018, 02:14:26 PM</dd></dl><div>Showdown doesn't really have room anymore to replace them, anymore, unless a CAW slot is open (I can't remember if one is, it's been so long).

In project 64, navigate to System/cheats

Select "Add New Cheat", name it accordingly, and have it selected when you start your game.

Keep in mind, cheats have a 140 (give or take, once again, been a while and I usually set my limit at 140) line limit, so for anything larger, you have to split them into parts.[/quote]Ok I was replacing the codes for AJ Lee and updating cheat. But that didn't work.

So you can't replace someone that's in game already? I dont know if there is any CAW slots I can't find them.

But I can't just change someone's move set to someone else and change the textures? Their locked in or something?

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
If you updated AJ Lee's and it didn't work, the code was either assigned to the wrong wrestler slot, or you didn't use the tool properly. You would also need to untick AJ's cheat.

From here on out, if it doesn't work, I will no longer answer questions unless you can provide screenshots of what you are doing. Just telling me "I tried it and it doesn't work" gives me zero information on what you are actually doing.

Follow the instructions step by step, don't assume you did everything correctly and go back to the start.

You will only be able to replace movesets in the first slot, as the other attires are using different codes.

1: Turn on the moveset converter

2: Enable Macros for the tool

3: Paste AJ's moveset into the left column.

4: Hit the READ button, you should see the moves change as it reads the moveset.

5: Make the changes to the moveset that you desire.

6. Hit the WRITE button. You will see a code generate to the right.

7. Use the long version of the code and put it in your cheat file.

8. Make sure Aj's moveset is no longer selected for that wrestler.

This WILL work, it will only not work if you didn't follow these steps.

Snakeslippers

Young Lion
Reaction score
<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>Keson Columbus</dt><dd>Feb 4 2018, 02:00:30 PM</dd></dl><div>If you updated AJ Lee's and it didn't work, the code was either assigned to the wrong wrestler slot, or you didn't use the tool properly. You would also need to untick AJ's cheat.

From here on out, if it doesn't work, I will no longer answer questions unless you can provide screenshots of what you are doing. Just telling me "I tried it and it doesn't work" gives me zero information on what you are actually doing.

Follow the instructions step by step, don't assume you did everything correctly and go back to the start.

You will only be able to replace movesets in the first slot, as the other attires are using different codes.

1: Turn on the moveset converter

2: Enable Macros for the tool

3: Paste AJ's moveset into the left column.

4: Hit the READ button, you should see the moves change as it reads the moveset.

5: Make the changes to the moveset that you desire.

6. Hit the WRITE button. You will see a code generate to the right.

7. Use the long version of the code and put it in your cheat file.

8. Make sure Aj's moveset is no longer selected for that wrestler.

This WILL work, it will only not work if you didn't follow these steps.[/quote]Ok I was just replacing her code under the Showdown cheats and that wasn't working.

I unticked hers and added mine as a new cheat, all I did was replace Entrance with Val real quick to see if it works, and it did. She did her invisible towel taunt.

Thank you for the walk through steps. If everything goes right, this mod went from 90% perfect to 100%. So I can add in the rest of the Attitude Era guys.

Only thing I'll have to look for now is why it crashes with 4 people in the ring or using special matchs. Could be my crappy video card tho.

And I tried championship modes, even if it's not supported it's still funny as hell. Never know who you'll be facing with this mod. Minor weird bugs here and there but still works.