How did you find WWF No Mercy?

Akash Styles

Young Lion
Reaction score
Few years ago, when my cousin bought me a surprise gift on my birthday. It was a disc which contains some AKI games, it was the first time , I played WWF No Mercy . I still remember those days . When I was playing I don't know to perform a rock bottom. lol. I won a match against Austin.
No Mercy still rules , many wwe fans and I am one of them. I figured out to make mods from this forum.
OSR rocks!

S.K. Stylez

Backstage Worker
Reaction score
I was a part of the team at AKI that developed the game and was given a copy....

jordyad

Main Eventer
Reaction score
@SK: Wait you were apart of the AKI developpement Sha-Team?!?!?!?!?! Hummm actually I'm not that surprised due to own good you're at hacking!

About me it's a very stupid story, I think I were 8 at the time, I were looking for a N64 WWF game in which Chris Benoit was, so I tried every WWF N64 game (including WM2k) and searched for Krispen Wah on all those games (with no success) until I found NM then Sha-Bam! I played this game every single day then I eventually learn about modding.
:D

KWG

Promoter
Staff member
Reaction score
<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>S.K. Stylez</dt><dd>Jun 3 2017, 04:42:16 PM</dd></dl><div>I was a part of the team at AKI that developed the game and was given a copy....[/quote]
That's insteresting,I always wondered if the people that work or worked at AKI/Syn Sophia (although I'm gonna assume you're not apart of the team anymore for a long time) were aware of the "cult community" behind their N64 Pro Wrestling Games, and if they knew, if they were willing to help expand on the tools and knowledge and such even further, guess I got my answer lol.

Flashman said:
@SK: Wait you were apart of the AKI developpement Sha-Team?!?!?!?!?! Hummm actually I'm not that surprised due to own good you're at hacking!

About me it's a very stupid story, I think I were 8 at the time, I were looking for a N64 WWF game in which Chris Benoit was, so I tried every WWF N64 game (including WM2k) and searched for Krispen Wah on all those games (with no success) until I found NM then Sha-Bam! I played this game every single day then I eventually learn about modding.
Similar story, I was big on N64 emulation as a kid, I loved Pro Wrestling, one day back in the middle 2000's, I wondered "are there WWF games for N64?", ended up finding WM 2000 and later No Mercy, some years later found out about The_Juice's Summerslam, NMZ and the rest is history.

jordyad

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Interesting... Pretty much like you, the first modded save I played was The_Juice's Summerslam save, a John Cena vs Kane match.

PinkFloyd

Midcard
Reaction score
No Mercy goes way back for me

My earliest memory was being 5 and playing WWF No Mercy. We had our N64 on the top of the drawer and I had to climb all the way up to turn it on. the First match I remember playing was The Rock vs The Rock. My brother also taught me how to play No Mercy. When our Old Cartridge broke down(probably from playing it so much) My dad took me to Hollywood Video and we bought No Mercy again.

2007 my brother introduced me to Emulators and the first game I wanted was No Mercy. I played that sucker for countless hours. One day I was on Youtube and found Maniac's Mod video. I was thrilled to see the wrestlers I could put on there, Especially Batman and Jason. I would pursue that goal until my PC crashed :(

I would jump to the game every now and then. Hell for a middle school project when I was asked what really cool thing I could do, I did my project off being able to texture modify WWF Mods. I basically showed them how to retexture a wrestler to make it whatever they desired. Like most modders, I got eyebrows XD

There's more history on my journey to modding but that's another story :withflair:

S.K. Stylez

Backstage Worker
Reaction score
Lol. I wasn't a part of the AKI team. I just wanted to see some reactions.

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
I should take screencaps of the facebook chat where KWG was putting you over. Heh.

"That explains why he's above and beyond everyone else!"

I died.

PsychoGirl

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Website
animenationaf.webs.com
Can we just sit and relax and think about Akash Style starting a deep conversation that we came to know something awesome about Mr. Stylez ?

S.K. Stylez

Backstage Worker
Reaction score
Drink it in maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan....giiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirl

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
I actually got No Mercy for Christmas when it came out. It was a glitched cart.

I had skipped WM2000 and went from Revenge straight into No Mercy, so I was spared the disappointment of not being able to have custom titles or full entrances.

hulkster

Opener
Reaction score
I was already familar with AKI wrestling but i rented No Mercy from a video store. I then decided to purchase it from a flea market. I was so upset that i had the version 1.0 which contained the glitch. It was a big let down. Thank god for the emulators and this community with all the mods. Aki wrestling devs need to release another wrestling game because this is just torture.

G

GoAwayImBating

Crowd Member
growing up in the southern united states wrestling and sports in general are kind of bred into your genes depending on your region. (along with good food and good music) I've been a wrestling fan for as long as I can remember(Jerry Lawler remains one of my favorites and a neighbor of mine in Memphis) , but didn't really become a wrestling game fanatic until later games started to implement CAW systems. (i'm an artist by trade/nature, so anything creative interests me.) After playing basically every American wrestling title I could get my hands on as they were released during my teenage years, and having WM2K blow my mind when it came out. I saw the No Mercy trailer during a smackdown show and lost it, I worked at burger flippers, cut grass etc. to make sure the funds were on hand when it launched. I still play it in my free time to this day original carts NA & PAL version. never had a glitch