How is Roman Reign's getting booked in 2017?

Creek

Young Lion
Reaction score
TO THE FUCKING MOON AND BACK ONLY TO CRASH INTO URANUS.

Two simple booking decisions made Roman Reigns into the world's most hated human being. Firstly, while the match with Kevin Owens wasn't half bad, the end result made it look like Reigns couldn't beat KO fairly and by himself unless help was needed. Later on in the night, Reigns came out as the last participant in the Royal Rumble, after Taker, after Lesnar, and even after Goldberg.
You could tell how disappointed the crowd was hearing Reign's music, signaling the end of any sort of surprise. Having had Lesnar out and Goldberg, and only a few names remaind such as Sami Zayn, Chris Jericho, and Reigns himself, who'd throw such a legend out of the ring to make a name for himself?......

Roman FUCKING Reigns, that's who. You could've given a guy who's used so little like Sami the chance like that, or heaten a flame between any one else in that ring, but nope, THE GUY, had to be pushed into the spotlight again. Just when Raw's writers were doing alright, they fucked everyone over again.

Roman'll never be redeemable, no matter what fantasies people may have about his potential, he's ruined himself by taking these gifts and not sharing.

nadimmania

Legend
Reaction score
I gotta disagreed a lot with you regarding this whole "Roman Reigns and Royal Rumble" thing. But I also agree with you on some thing as well.

Let's start with my disagreement #1:

<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd> </dd></dl><div>Having had Lesnar out and Goldberg, and only a few names remaind such as Sami Zayn, Chris Jericho, and Reigns himself, who'd throw such a legend out of the ring to make a name for himself?......

Roman FUCKING Reigns, that's who. You could've given a guy who's used so little like Sami the chance like that, or heaten a flame between any one else in that ring, but nope, THE GUY, had to be pushed into the spotlight again. Just when Raw's writers were doing alright, they fucked everyone over again.[/quote]That's the point. If you watched Post-RR RAW, you knew that they slowly turning Reigns into a heel. Slowly, not firmly. Reigns receives a lot of boos for punching Strowman, and WWE didn't even edit those boos or "edit the volume down".

I think WWE purposefully didn't add any legends or surprises (asides from #10) in RR to make sure that once #30 came out, the reaction will be the same as they expected; major boos for Roman Reigns. And when Reigns eliminated The Undertaker, (for me) that's already a cue that WWE realized that Roman Reigns cannot be forced to act like a babyface anymore. This is the perfect time for them to "cash-in the hatred" and firmly make Reigns the most hated wrestler in the entire universe by eliminating a legend that we all loved. I'm sure all of Reigns fans are shocked and despised Reigns as well when Reigns eliminate The Undertaker.

I'm very sure Undertaker will face Reigns at WrestleMania, and Reigns will win the match and "destroy" The Undertaker in the match. I'm very sure that this WrestleMania will be The Undertaker's last match as well. And what better way to make Reigns the most "hated" wrestler in the entire universe for another long-long time (and maybe forever) by retiring a legend like The Undertaker?

I'm talking like this because I try to emulate promoter's way of thinking. For promoter (like Vince, and you have to admit, he's a genius), it's all about the money and publicity. It's about free-publicity, a promotional tactic that doesn't required you to spend a lot of money but still receives a lot of promotion or publicity. Roman Reigns "destroying and retiring" The Undertaker will be a major media-buzz. The media, the wrestling-legends, and the people that watched wrestling will talk about it for a long-long time, and for promoter, that's the best thing; free-publicity for them (in this case, WWE).

Disagreement #2:

<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd> </dd></dl><div>Just when Raw's writers were doing alright, they fucked everyone over again.[/quote]lol. Since when the RAW's writer were doing alright (after the Brand Extension)?

But, I agreed on one thing:

<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd> </dd></dl><div>You could tell how disappointed the crowd was hearing Reign's music, signaling the end of any sort of surprise.[/quote]Yep, even I was very-very disappointed. I expected either Samoa Joe or Triple H (yep, I kinda expecting Triple H to be there), but instead, Reigns came up. But in the end, I think it worked out very well. He eliminate The Undertaker, receives a lot of boo, eliminate Bray Wyatt, receives a lot of boo, and then when he's being eliminated by Orton, the crowd cheer for Orton. The whole building cheer for Orton.

After RR, there's no way WWE would make Reigns acted like a babyface anymore. This time, I'm sure they will pull the trigger and make Reigns officially heel.

Creek

Young Lion
Reaction score
nadimmania said:
I gotta disagreed a lot with you regarding this whole "Roman Reigns and Royal Rumble" thing. But I also agree with you on some thing as well.

Let's start with my disagreement #1:

<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd> </dd></dl><div>Having had Lesnar out and Goldberg, and only a few names remaind such as Sami Zayn, Chris Jericho, and Reigns himself, who'd throw such a legend out of the ring to make a name for himself?......

Roman FUCKING Reigns, that's who. You could've given a guy who's used so little like Sami the chance like that, or heaten a flame between any one else in that ring, but nope, THE GUY, had to be pushed into the spotlight again. Just when Raw's writers were doing alright, they fucked everyone over again.
That's the point. If you watched Post-RR RAW, you knew that they slowly turning Reigns into a heel. Slowly, not firmly. Reigns receives a lot of boos for punching Strowman, and WWE didn't even edit those boos or "edit the volume down".

I think WWE purposefully didn't add any legends or surprises (asides from #10) in RR to make sure that once #30 came out, the reaction will be the same as they expected; major boos for Roman Reigns. And when Reigns eliminated The Undertaker, (for me) that's already a cue that WWE realized that Roman Reigns cannot be forced to act like a babyface anymore. This is the perfect time for them to "cash-in the hatred" and firmly make Reigns the most hated wrestler in the entire universe by eliminating a legend that we all loved. I'm sure all of Reigns fans are shocked and despised Reigns as well when Reigns eliminate The Undertaker.

I'm very sure Undertaker will face Reigns at WrestleMania, and Reigns will win the match and "destroy" The Undertaker in the match. I'm very sure that this WrestleMania will be The Undertaker's last match as well. And what better way to make Reigns the most "hated" wrestler in the entire universe for another long-long time (and maybe forever) by retiring a legend like The Undertaker?

I'm talking like this because I try to emulate promoter's way of thinking. For promoter (like Vince, and you have to admit, he's a genius), it's all about the money and publicity. It's about free-publicity, a promotional tactic that doesn't required you to spend a lot of money but still receives a lot of promotion or publicity. Roman Reigns "destroying and retiring" The Undertaker will be a major media-buzz. The media, the wrestling-legends, and the people that watched wrestling will talk about it for a long-long time, and for promoter, that's the best thing; free-publicity for them (in this case, WWE).

Disagreement #2:

<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd> </dd></dl><div>Just when Raw's writers were doing alright, they fucked everyone over again.[/quote]lol. Since when the RAW's writer were doing alright (after the Brand Extension)?

But, I agreed on one thing:

<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd> </dd></dl><div>You could tell how disappointed the crowd was hearing Reign's music, signaling the end of any sort of surprise.[/quote]Yep, even I was very-very disappointed. I expected either Samoa Joe or Triple H (yep, I kinda expecting Triple H to be there), but instead, Reigns came up. But in the end, I think it worked out very well. He eliminate The Undertaker, receives a lot of boo, eliminate Bray Wyatt, receives a lot of boo, and then when he's being eliminated by Orton, the crowd cheer for Orton. The whole building cheer for Orton.

After RR, there's no way WWE would make Reigns acted like a babyface anymore. This time, I'm sure they will pull the trigger and make Reigns officially heel.[/quote]I dislike the fact of having to watch an extra bit that isn't included with the product. It's like Destiny's shitty lore telling, where you have to go onto a website JUST to read a minor detail of the game's story that could've at the least been put into a menu.

And here's the thing, does anyone like this direction they've been taking with Reigns for the last few years? Fuck to the no. Everyone hates "The Guy"'s guts (until everyone felt it was alright to feel bad for failing a drug test), and there is no redemption for him. He's the cancer within the wrestling business, worse than any Ultimate Warrior, or any Jim Cornette.

nadimmania

Legend
Reaction score
<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd> </dd></dl><div>And here's the thing, does anyone like this direction they've been taking with Reigns for the last few years? Fuck to the no. Everyone hates "The Guy"'s guts (until everyone felt it was alright to feel bad for failing a drug test), and there is no redemption for him.[/quote]There's always a chance for redemption, especially for Roman Reigns.

Perhaps not now, but people will forgave and see him in the good way, eventually.