I apologize for being an asshole

SLX

Midcard
Reaction score
I'm sorry for being a rude ass to a few members, notably Goatcheese and raghavendraxxxx. Also, anyone else who has had to come across my recent bout with frustration, I also owe you guys one.

I never came in here to become the forum police when the guys let me be a moderator. Hell, i don't even think I used my moderator power to do anything except close a topic, but I did act like a bit of a douche as a made my efforts to prove my points. To my credit, i didn't need to be a moderator to do any of that.

Still, it doesn't excuse my behavior and I"m going to make it up to you the best I can.

Got any requests for any of my unreleased work? Or maybe need a hand?

I've been dealing with a ton of stress, due to unemployment, stacking debt, and inability to find a job. Me and Jyoppi finally found one working together making pretty damn good money. It popped out of the thing blue sky, and we're now working as automotive wholesale brokers. I'm working with Chevy, GMC, Buick, and Cadillac. Jyoppi is working for Ford. We're finally going to have our bills paid and our debt caught up, but I have to sacrifice some time from the pc.

I'm going to do a bit of self reflecting and try not to be such a douche again. But in my defense guys, i've tried to go out of my way to help any member when I can, even if I do act like a total jerk sometimes. I'm honestly not as bad as I come off when I type!

I just want you all to know that when I give criticism on your mods, but it doesn't seem constructive, I probably don't know what to say in particular but would be glad to help if you asked. It doesn't mean I dislike you or mean to demean you! I'll do whatever I can, just shoot me a pm!

Jyoppi

Young Lion
Reaction score
The only way to understand SLX, and this is coming from the fact I live with him 24/7, is to know that he comes across to others as, well, an asshole. But, behind closed doors he has a sweet heart that only means well. No, it doesn't excuse him taking it out on anybody but at least you can hopefully now understand the reason why he acted this way. And yes, we were under a lot of stress for months dealing with bullshit, but we're now finally employed with a company where we can make some decent money and finally get back on our feet.

The truth is SLX is actually a very helpful guy who would give his sister his last twenty bucks if it meant she could at least have something to eat, but he will act like an asshole to those who deserve it for their lack of character. I've seen whenever he criticizes people's work, it's for them to take him seriously so they can improve. Kissing people's asses doesn't help ANYBODY improve. I've noticed in many communities online that the guys who tend to be the harshest are also the most helpful. When people think their work is "good enough," they won't get any better.

The NekoMancer

Promoter
Reaction score
You know what? The only problem with ya is that you overheat too damn quickly and start arguing at the minimal provocation AND that you kinda point out mistakes a LITTLE bit too much, kinda makes you look like an NMZ kind of a guy...

Just relax, and let people develop themselves little by little... Maybe pointing one thing or two... Not every mistake your eye can catch.

Just that :p

Oh, also, think twice when you respond to some of my posts, I'm usually not being serious.

SLX

Midcard
Reaction score
I understand what you're saying and I'll definitely work on that.

But as much as I hate to admit it, I would have never improved if not for those NMZ guys. It was a thirst to appease the guys that were always complaining the most that pushed me to the as good as I am. But you're probably right that I shouldn't act like that.

Cheers man.

The NekoMancer

Promoter
Reaction score
I mean, you should... but kind of step-by-step.... like the whole community did with Jeff4 when he was making his Roman Reigns mod... it was like "Fix this one" he had it done right and then "Now that other part"... and so on, and he ended up learning real quick and didn't give up. BUT We have to accept this... Some people in this community KNOW they aren't doing it well and WON'T want to improve whatever you tell them... just give up on them.

You'll just get headaches and waste your time.

The NekoMancer

Promoter
Reaction score
Also... what did you do to the other guy? I didn't see anything wrong, apart from his grammar, lol.

Tired

Legend
Reaction score
Another day, another person apologising for being an arsehole at OSR. Except this time, the person apologising isn't pretending that he did nothing wrong. He isn't saying that he got punished for no reason. And he didn't try to hide the apology behind more insults directed at the other person. Others should learn from this example.

SLX, you and Jyoppi have come back here to say that you were stressed and are normally a nice and helpful person. Most people say that about themselves. However, you have history and proof on your side. You normally are such a great and helpful guy. That is why your attitude change last week caught us by surprise.

I can't speak for anyone, but I reckon that most people will accept that this apology is genuine. With that, I am prepared to accept it and move on. We're cool.

SLX

Midcard
Reaction score
The only thing I had to say to him is that I personally saw his WWE 13' conversion on SVR2011 a little pointless but I wasn't aware that he was unable to run Dolphin and WWE 13' very well. I was under the impression it would run faster than PS2.

I took for granted how demanding the game actually is. I used to be so used to gaming on a piece of shit computer that I sometimes forget i'm on a rig i'm still paying for. Once I realised this, I tried to help him get a stable and fast dolphin running to play it on lol.

I'm not a mean guy just a jerk for my own protection. It's my security blanket I suppose.

stylesismilo

Main Eventer
Reaction score
I know that feel bro, the part being unemployed and hard time finding a job. Well, I left my previous job to help my Dad's new business, and it is super, duper, shitty because he is outdated and old school UGH.

I digress, I always wanted to get a full time Marketing/Marcom Job. Hasn't went well though... stress out too.