ive got all arena textures to work.... but none of the wrestlers textures transfered over

ngunn421

Young Lion
Reaction score
First off, please allow me to say how AWESOME THIS IS that you guys figured this out! I am stoked that this is actually possible! I have played the 2K games and i really hate how they have gone so far away from THQs method that really made this game. It is the reason i got a N64 emulator in the 1st place.

The reason why im posting:

Ive watched videos on how to upload these Textures and makes these mods work along with reading out sourced documentation from other sites on this subject. I have been thru 3 2k16 mods and have noticed these photo shopped pictures in the wrestlers file under the textures. i know they got to be in here for a reason and using formulas, well 9if i can get it in hi res then id rather have that. and ive added these files to the textures file in c:\Appdata\Program files\Project64\Plugin.. along with adding them to C;\Program files\Project64\Plugin.. i got the arenas to work, i got the new back screens and the new fonts in hi res...i even got the pictures of the wrestlers to replace the old ones... but all my actual wrestlers have stayed in standard 64 format and are the org wrestlers.. its basically adam rose is rock and so on and it looks like the good ol no mercy rock weve all grown to love.... i also have a small issue.. i run windows vista.. and ive noticed my cheat code bar in the emulator ( where you go to select the cheats by checking the box) is not like anything ive seen on video.. its not the same as everybody else's. Now since i have vista i assume i cant select "service pack 3" in the emulator options where you set up the emulator and rom to run the modification. So i run it on Service pack 2 cause thats what i got is service pack 2.. ive attached some screen shots to help explain what im going thru. Id like to get these photo shop pictures on these new wrestlers and i dont even know where to start since putting that in those file folders didnt work for the wrestlers but it did for everything else.. i know you guys dont hold hands and walk people thru it.. you have a bunch of tutorials on most of this but i also have had a hard time locating all of these texture questions im having. If i can just get this i can read up on how to hack the moves ( when i get a firmer grasp on things) from your tutorial threads here. im not completely illiterate to this, I have helped in modifying Tecmo super Bowl for NES mostly thru applications that were built to mod it. i know nothing of codec but im totally willing to learn if thats what doing this is going to take to achieve

ok so why dont i go back to 2 k if i want all that.. 2K sucks! and im not spending $59 to 65$ on a new game im going to hate. this game is the best! and if i can update the roster so me and my 6 year old son ( Who btw is the main reason im trying to get this done with now a days roster) can enjoy it together! can some one guide me in the right direction please?

alot of these screenshots are settings in the emulator. let me draw you guys who know what your doing to screenshot 9

Ngunn421

Attachments:

The NekoMancer

Promoter
Reaction score
You probably didn't copy the save file. every texture belongs to a combination of skin, tattoo, hair and clothing piece.

If you dump the Rock's textures you'll get a bunch of pictures representing every part of his body. If you pay attention to, lets say, his lower leg, you'll notice there's kneepads and boots, if you change either of those you get a different image with a different name. If you change his skin tone the same will happen, etcetera.

Now, every modification you do to a wrestler will alter the texture files, and those, of course are saved in a .fla file. If you have an automatically created .fla file you get every wrestler as they appeared in the original game, and thus, their textures unchanged.

So happens to their names, height, weight, entrance music, etcetera.

This means, that just as important as having the .cht file for the cheats and all the pictures for your textures you do need a save file.

Hope this helped.

ngunn421

Young Lion
Reaction score
thank you for your reply by the way its greatly appreciated

i do have a save file and .mpk in appdata/all that jazz but no save file in the actual program files.. is this the issue?
ok... UPDATE: im an idiot.. thats all there is to it! i started messing with the formulas and putting them together and wha law.. instant roman reigns! so i put these formulas together and bada bing here come them pictures i was talking about in hi res.. some of the formulas are incomplete.. some guys didnt even come with a formula.... but it sure did amaze me to see a hi res seth rollins after the formula was inputed.. so its basically a code?

how do we use these pics of the wrestlers in these folders with no formula?