Just a thought...

AKIFan1998

Opener
Reaction score
Hey, I wonder...has anybody ever attempted to multiply every wrestler's parameters by 3 (since the highest is 15)? You know, for a more diverse power range? Like for example, SCSA's parameters would be:

Off. Parameters
Head: 6
Body: 9
Arms: 12
Legs: 6
Flying: 12
-------------------
Def. Parameters
Head: 9
Body: 12
Arms: 6
Legs: 6
Flying: 6

I've been thinking about doing this, but it'll take too long. Anyways, just a thought.

bluntfello

Main Eventer
Reaction score
What would be the point? If you just multiply everyone's parameters like you said they would all still have the same strength offensively and defensively, so in theory a drop kick for example would still be defended just as strong as if their parameters were weaker. It's just what I'm thinking. Doubling the defensive parameters would just nullify doubling the offensive ones.

AKIFan1998

Opener
Reaction score
bluntfello link said:
What would be the point? If you just multiply everyone's parameters like you said they would all still have the same strength offensively and defensively, so in theory a drop kick for example would still be defended just as strong as if their parameters were weaker. It's just what I'm thinking. Doubling the defensive parameters would just nullify doubling the offensive ones.

Wait, so what about Vince McMahon having all 3's in his parameters against the aforementioned Stone Cold? Wouldn't Steve Austin cause even more damage to Vince than before the parameters were multiplied? Because that's what I'm thinking.

kingkanyon

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
I say Experiment and see how you like it... you can turn the stats up higher if your using WldFb's Moveset editor. I usually like to use all 10's when setting Taker Defensive stats, I think it works.

bluntfello

Main Eventer
Reaction score
AKIFan1998 link said:
Wait, so what about Vince McMahon having all 3's in his parameters against the aforementioned Stone Cold? Wouldn't Steve Austin cause even more damage to Vince than before the parameters were multiplied? Because that's what I'm thinking.

But wouldn't the damage remain relatively the same if Vince's parameters were changed as you mentioned? He would have 9's instead of 3's defensively so he would be able to take more punishment.

AKIFan1998

Opener
Reaction score
bluntfello link said:
But wouldn't the damage remain relatively the same if Vince's parameters were changed as you mentioned? He would have 9's instead of 3's defensively so he would be able to take more punishment.

No, no. Vince usually has all 1's in his parameters, but I multiplied them to get all 3's (offensively and defensively). And yes, the damage would be remain the same, basically. I mean, the lowest amount of damage a wrestler can cause to another (granted they've taken no damage) is always the base amount of damage. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the highest additional amount of damage a wrestler can dish out onto another basically [Off. body part minus Def. body part]? Like for example, Stone Cold doing the Falling Back Drop on Vince (Off. Body vs Def. Head) would deal 27 damage to the latter, right (Since Stone Cold usually has an off. body value of 3 and Vince has a def. head value of 1)? Now with the multiplied parameters, wouldn't Stone Cold deal 31 damage to Vince (SCSA: Off. body = 9; Vince: Def. head = 3)?

bluntfello

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Math is not my strong suit man. But what you're saying makes sense. It would work out in the end, but not sure to what extent. Would matches end quicker or be more lopsided because the amount of damage being dealt is greater now?

AKIFan1998

Opener
Reaction score
Hmm...yeah, matches would end even quicker than before. I guess there's a reason why the developers capped it at 5 instead of 15.

Not sure about the games prior to WWF WrestleMania 2000, but I assume 5 is the highest in those games, too.

bluntfello

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Did this go anywhere? I'm curious because I was thinking of doing the same to my game.

KWG

Promoter
Staff member
Reaction score
bluntfello said:
Did this go anywhere? I'm curious because I was thinking of doing the same to my game.

I never noticed this thread before. Funny thing is, I ended up coming up with the same concept on my own, but props to AKIFan for figuring it out earlier. 

I do have something to add. I tried this on Wrestlemania 2000 once, it didn't seem to make that much difference, as the technically weaker AI still overwhelmed my test character. This leads me to believe we need to figure out AI combinations a bit better, to create "super characters", rather than just give them insane stats. This is also a principle that was used for AKI Evo, I believe.

Another example of this is Chris Benoit in No Mercy. He's the only character in the game that uses all attribute points (therefore, the "strongest"), but other characters like Rock, Austin, Triple H, Taker are harder to face, according to players. "Brain/strategy over brawn", if you may.

bluntfello

Main Eventer
Reaction score
I have tried doing something similar using the moveset editor tool but in my case I tried to make "classes" like in No Mercy, IE grapplers, brawlers etc. I notice that the class of wrestler that dominates the most is the "powerhouse" wrestler which I put up their body and arm parameters up the highest offensively while upping up their body, and head parameters defensively, They seem to win the most matches probably because they are able to deal a huge amount of damage with their arms while not taking as much damage to their head or body.