Kids' 'Call of Duty Bomb' Gets Their Neighbors Evacuated at 3 a.m.

Champion_Gamer

Promoter
Staff member
Reaction score
<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd> </dd></dl><div>Kids' 'Call of Duty Bomb' Gets Their Neighbors Evacuated at 3 a.m.Expand

Some kids in Pennsylvania made a prop bomb they were using when they played a real-life game of Call of Duty out in the yard. This is why you don't leave your toys laying around outside, boys. A neighbor found it, didn't know what the hell it was, and a very real bomb squad evacuated several people.

This has a happy ending, and no one has been charged with anything (nor are any charges expected), but it was kind of tense for a while. As you can see in the image above, the "bomb" is just a soda bottle wrapped in duct tape, albeit with a circuit board and some wires running up under the bottlecap. It was found at by a woman outside her door at 3 a.m. in a public housing complex in Masontown, Pa., which is 50 miles south of Pittsburgh.

"It was very scary," Mary Strube told WPXI. "I didn't know if it was going to go off." Another neighbor said "it had all the makings of being a bomb."1

Strube called the police, and several residents were evacuated—again, at 3 a.m.—as the cops investigated the matter. A bomb squad called in from another county determined it was fake and, says WPXI, police later learned some kids were playing "Call of Duty" IRL and made the "bomb" before leaving it outside by mistake

http://kotaku.com/kids-call-of-duty..._source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow
[/quote]

i'm probably quite wrong (not knowing much about how they are made) when i say that it doesn't really look like a bomb but safety and caution is better than being blown up....................

slightly of topic but when i was a little kid about six or seven i always wanted to make a bomb then my mum told me that she knew blokes that had made them and what happened to them blown off limbs ect then i didn't want to know any more....