King Mo Wants To See Goldberg In MMA

nadimmania

Legend
Reaction score
<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd> </dd></dl><div>
KingMo.jpg

King Mo came on Submission Radio to discuss training with Bill Goldberg at American Top Team and his belief that Goldberg should pick up an MMA fight. Below are one special highlight:

* Whether Goldberg should fight some amateur/exhibition fights:

"I would like to see him get in an MMA fight. First of all, the amateur fight, I wouldn't go out and fight that. For what? You know what I'm saying? Like no one's going to fight him and if they try and fight him, they'll be somebody with experience that fought before, and lie, and tries to like take his head off. They'll pay miserably, but you know what, put him out there and let him fight on Spike TV. You know, why not? Let him fight on Spike TV. Let him headline a card. 'Cause he has a big following, he's a superstar, a big fan base. If I were Bellator I'd be talking to him like "hey if you wanna fight let's [do it]". You know, Anybody. If you're World Series of Fighting or somebody I'd be like "hey if you want to fight, we'd love to put you on the card". Because MMA is entertainment. It's not a true sport. It can't be, because there's no true feeder program. Like in boxing, and track and field, and basketball and everything, they have feeder programs. Usually the best stick to the top. In MMA I could get a guy that's like a swimmer with a good name and be like "hey do you want to fight?". I'll get Michael Phelps and train him, and be like "hey Michael Phelps could fight" and then everybody would wanna fight him because he's a name. You know, it's entertainment. There's no true feeder program. You got guys that are Jiu Jitsu world champions that have to get fights before they can actually be broadcast on TV. So it's about entertainment, it's about getting eyes on you. It's not really about who's the best fighter, it's about getting eyes on you and when you fight, being entertaining."
[/quote]