Lucha Underground: Final Version [RELEASED]

killacam

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
Download Here.

Roster Preview #1
Roster Preview #2
Roster Preview #3

You will need a copy of the WWF No Mercy (U) 1.0 rom for this to work. It is not included in the download. [Google it]

Setting this mod up:

Everything should be good to go but you may need to change a directory in the settings so the game can find the textures.

1. Open Project 64
2. Click Options > Settings
3. Go to the Directories tab
4. In the "Texture pack directory" section, make sure the bottom bullet point is selected and click the "..." to the right of it.
5. Select the "hires_texture" folder inside the "Plugin" folder of wherever you've placed the save on your computer. For example if you've placed in the root directory of C: like I have, the location will be "C:\LU Final Version\Plugin\hires_texture\"
6. Click OK and you should be good to go

A few other notes:

1. This is the final version. After updating my video drivers to stop freezing and blue screen errors during regular PC use, I can no longer run this mod because the new driver and the plugin this mod uses aren't compatible.
2. There are some glitches during matches involving four wrestlers that I wasn't able to work on and fix due to the issues with my pc mentioned above.
3. If you find any move hacks that are missing sound let me know and I'll fix them.
4. If you're having trouble getting it working, there's a screenshot included that shows the way my Project64 settings are setup.
5. Wrestlers have all their attires from seasons 2, 3 and 4, and have a selection from season 1. I've included the CAW formulas in their folders if you want to change them.
6. I've included a spreadsheet with everyone's movelists. The blue text are hacks. Here's a preview photo of what they look like:
nZ1kJqJ.png

Credits:

Luchador Textures:
the_juice
orson
iccotracs
baal666 (his tattoo work especially fenix, pentagon and puma's arm tattoos saved me a lot of hassle)
whoever made the kickpads in bases lololol from the modders kit
kingkanyon
wolfpac69
hiw
tylerblack (aerostars belt in the new season 1 attires)
nekomancer (hip/thigh alignment for the stardom girl alts; and used a collar he made as a guide for a mayu iwatani alt attire)

Arena:
homeyohmy
slx
I made the backstage textures and I updated homeyohmy's original temple textures to make the ice temple, austin warfare and an outdoor arena from when LU ran those Lucha en Vivo shows.

All coding credits are given in the cheat menu but extra shoutout to:
barskio (plenty of move hacks, as well as his guides on how to move hack which taught me)
wldfb (for all of his conversion spreadsheets, as well as some sweet match hacks)
halooverhead (distance mod tutorial)
jamstubbs
cm
genhex
chuckiepk
randymanfoo (menu codes)
wwefan4life2
keson
antonic
latallah
blackjacket

killacam

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
Download Version 2.0

A few notes:
1. This contains luchadors from the first two seasons ONLY. I've already made the season three newcomers and will release them soon

2. There are no entrances because a) the stage is untextured; b) they'd come through the stairs; c) I replace entrance taunts with move hacks; d) I always skip entrances so I had no need for them

3. I don't play with sound so the majority of the move hacks I made do not contain toki 1s to alter the sound

4. If you come across any glitches from the move hacks, let me know and I will fix it. Except for the Swerve Stomp. It looks a little jacked but it involves changing directions and there isn't anything I can do about it

5. If you're having trouble getting it working, there's a screenshot included that shows the way my Project64 settings are setup

6. This mod uses mudlord's rice video build 6.1.4. plugin. It's included in the zip

7. Some front specials warp the wrestlers to the centre of the ring. This is because the move hack requires changing direction and by warping them there, the move will work for all players instead of using move linking which I could only get to work for player 1 in the first version

8. I included a text file with everyone's finishing moves for those of you unfamiliar with the wrestlers

Credits:

Luchador Textures:
the_juice
orson
iccotracs
baal666 (his tattoo work especially fenix, pentagon and puma's arm tattoos saved me a lot of hassle)
kingkanyon
hiw

Arena:
homeyohmy
slx
I made the backstage textures and austin warfare arena (it isn't great but it's something different). homeyohmy has made an incredible austin warfare but it'll have to wait for the next update because it isn't compatible with the plugin I use due to some of the textures changing shape

barskio (plenty of move hacks, as well as his guides on how to move hack which taught me)
wldfb (for all of his conversion spreadsheets, as well as some sweet match hacks)
jamstubbs
cm
genhex (for all that archived goodness)
chuckiepk
randymanfoo (menu codes)
wwefan4life2
antonic
latallah
blackjacket

killacam

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
Download Version 2.0

A few notes:
1. This contains luchadors from the first two seasons ONLY. I've already made the season three newcomers and will release them soon

2. There are no entrances because a) the stage is untextured; b) they'd come through the stairs; c) I replace entrance taunts with move hacks; d) I always skip entrances so I had no need for them

3. I don't play with sound so the majority of the move hacks I made do not contain toki 1s to alter the sound

4. If you come across any glitches from the move hacks, let me know and I will fix it. Except for the Swerve Stomp. It looks a little jacked but it involves changing directions and there isn't anything I can do about it

5. If you're having trouble getting it working, there's a screenshot included that shows the way my Project64 settings are setup

6. This mod uses mudlord's rice video build 6.1.4. plugin. It's included in the zip

7. Some front specials warp the wrestlers to the centre of the ring. This is because the move hack requires changing direction and by warping them there, the move will work for all players instead of using move linking which I could only get to work for player 1 in the first version

8. I included a text file with everyone's finishing moves for those of you unfamiliar with the wrestlers

Credits:

Luchador Textures:
the_juice
orson
iccotracs
kingkanyon
hiw

Arena:
homeyohmy
slx
I made the backstage textures and austin warfare arena (it isn't great but it's something different). homeyohmy has made an incredible austin warfare but it'll have to wait for the next update because it isn't compatible with the plugin I use due to some of the textures changing shape

jamstubbs
cm
genhex (for all that archived goodness)
chuckiepk
randymanfoo (menu codes)
wwefan4life2
antonic
latallah
blackjacket

killacam

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
Cheers y'all.
80-qLmYecm.png

Sexy Star [WIP]
Credit: the_juice, cm, orson

killacam

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
Thanks man. Your mods are the most creative on here so I appreciate the praise.
80-lrQ64py.png

Son of Havoc
Credit: the_juice, cm (also for the beard hack), orson, wolfpac69
80-GibGHMh.png
80-D3Qh7uB.png

Pentagon Jr.
Credit: the_juice, cm, orson, wolfpac69, baal666 (tattoos, white part of first attire, base belt and mask flap textures for both attires)

killacam

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
Thanks dude, I had a feeling you'd like those.
80-rdOaPEs.png

Angélico
Credit: the_juice, orson (also for two boots hack), wolfpac69
80-cdTyz27.png

Mascarita Sagrada
Credit: orson, cm, the_juice, iccotracs

The NekoMancer

Promoter
Reaction score
Some of the designs look flat, they need a bit of textures.

But the alignment is outstanding, which is pretty hard to archieve for this game. Good work, bro!

killacam

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>Hairy Old Man From The Hill</dt><dd>Jul 2 2015, 01:03:12 AM</dd></dl><div>Some of the designs look flat, they need a bit of textures.

But the alignment is outstanding, which is pretty hard to achieve for this game. Good work, bro![/quote]Cheers y'all.
Good call on the flatness. I drew all of the designs on the tights so that's why they were a solid colour. Here's an updated look after adding some texture.
80-SJJcCtb.png

Gotta fix up the yellow kickpad and kneepad after seeing this screenshot too.
Previewed this guy before in my WIP thread but I've updated his torso with an accurate one and made his skin darker:
80-kOCrkwi.png

Blue Demon Jr.
Credit: the_juice, cm, orson
Probably gonna change the boots to an icco texture so it matches the rest of the save

killacam

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
Thanks bro. I was dreading making that attire when I decided to make this save so I'm glad to have gotten through it with some success.
Previewed this guy but have since fixed the tassels on his boots, added an accurate torso and made his skin darker.
80-FDtGDhD.png

Texano
Credit: the_juice, orson, wolfpac69
80-J2elwoQ.png

Marty "the Moth" Martinez
Credit: the_juice, orson, iccotracs
And his debut street attire:
80-iTBRKIO.png

Credit: the_juice, kcaz (shirt), iccotracs
I couldn't get a decent look at his shoes as the YouTube clip was low quality but they appeared to be green and yellow.

jordyad

Main Eventer
Reaction score
on the 1 : The body is to blurry and face need to be centered

on the 2 : The Tshirt need better textures

killacam

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
JordyAD said:
on the 1 : The body is to blurry and face need to be centered

on the 2 : The Tshirt need better textures
Thanks y'all.
Jordy, the body is fine in game but it does look blurry in the screenshot so I'll take a new one next time I have No Mercy open and if it looks blurry, I'll make a new torso. Cheers for pointing out the face. It's centred, but the nose is crooked so I'll warp it or find a new nose. And yeah I think I made the tshirt too bright so I'll correct that.
I loathed this guy in TNA but I don't mind him in LU:
80-ru8jtXK.png

Hernandez
Credit: baal666 (face, tattoos), the_juice, orson, iccotracs
I've tried to make his face a few times and haven't been able to come up with anything better than Baal's. I'll come back and try again if I can find a decent pic.
Probably the biggest LU rivalry thus far.
From their grave consequences casket match:
80-oCp7uD6.png
80-ATD4faJ.png

Fénix vs Mil Muertes
Credit: Fénix - the_juice, cm, orson, wolfpac69, baal666 (arm tattoos); Mil Muertes - the_juice, cm, orson, iccotracs, baal666 (arm tattoos)
And from their death match after Mil Muertes' resurrection:
80-RJPMVHD.png
80-0irtOoj.png

Credit: same as above, but with additional credit to baal666 for Fénix's tights design
Fénix's final two attires:
80-12L6lsX.png
80-SD4JcOx.png

Credit: same as above
80-6NSPamK.png

80-6KhN8gf.png

Argenis
Credit: the_juice, cm, orson, wolfpac69