Mad Max : Fury Road

baal666

Main Eventer
Reaction score
dwq5gi.jpg

Before the movie :

Mad Max : Fury Road is a movie i've been waiting for since the first images hit the internet. I haven't seen the first 3 movies, only a few scenes from Thunderdome when i was a kid, so don't expect a comparison with them.

Movie Plot :

Set in a post-apocalyptic future, Max Rockatansky is captured by War Boys to be used as a Blood bag for one of them called Nux.

Meanwhile, Imperator Furiosa who is supposed to drive her War rig to collect gasoline started to drive off route, this alerts her leader ,Immortan Joe, who realises that she took away his breeding wives.

Immortan Joe takes all his army of War Boys to chase Furiosa and get his wives back, Max ends up strapped to Nux's car while the chase begins.

My impressions :

+ Not much CGI. It's great to see all these cars fly around, roll and explode, and when there is CGI it's not ruining the feeling of the movie.
+ The movie opens fast, you're directly dropped into the action.
+ The universe. Seeing all these crazy cars, crazy people, having it's own vocabulary but still be understandable and coherent.
+ Visually beautiful.
+ Great soudntrack, it grabs you by the balls and adds to the primal feeling of the movie.
+ No waste of time in dumb romance. The movie is a huge car chase, there is no time to waste and the small romance there is is very minimal and not boring.

- Just one thing you're told at the beginning i knew would be brought back at one point. It's not really bad, just too obvious.

To conclude, I fucking loved this movie, it's 2 hours of non-stop action.
The dialogues are minimal which makes sense when you're trying to escape an army of psycho, the colors are very saturated with a very blue sky, very orange sand and to me it gave Theron more piercing eyes which enhanced the look of determination.
For me, it's the best movie i've seen in 2015, it's never boring, it's an example of story telling via images instead of dialogues and you still like the characters and understand their motives. If you like action movies i guess you'll love it and feel like your balls are 5lbs of steel, don't have balls ? lady, it will make you grow some.
It's batshit crazy in the best way possible.

<big><big>9.5/10</big></big>

Edit : If you are wondering about this, it's not necessary to have seen the previous movies to understand this one.

PinkFloyd

Midcard
Reaction score
I actually saw this movie myself. It's MAD fun to watch :topicbump:

It also fuels my creativity because man how do they make those cars, that looks so creative

baal666

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Yes, the whole world shown in the movie looks great. I can't wait for the DVD release.

I've talked with some friends who watched it, of all the 20-25 of them, only 1 didn't get into the movie that much and still, she didn't hate it.