Mario or Sonic?

AKI Man

Legend
Reaction score
Website
s4.zetaboards.com
I was a avid Mario player, and still am.

I have to say I preferred playing Mario All-Stars, as asose to Sonic. The overall environments were more appealing to the eye and the simplicity, yet challenging levels leading upto the final fight with bowser gave me great satisfaction.

Mario World was another kick-ass game and gave the Snes console the lead in the wars with sega in the beginning of the 90's. Dont get me wrong, i loved Sonic and the genesis console, but it always lagged behind by just a bit!

So what did you guys prefer back in the day? :game:

TheDoctor

Legend
Reaction score
For me , it was always tied between the two These days i 100% prefer Mario. I can not STAND the 3d Sonic games :shout: & it seems everytime you turn around HERE'S ANOTHER 3D Sonic!! :wall: No thanks Sega :-/ , the only Sonic game i have been excited about in yearswas the recent release of Sonic 4 Episode 1 on Xbox Live Arcade in all it's 2d goodness :game:

Super El Guapo

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Super Mario bro's 3 was and still is my favorite Mario game but Sonic and knuckles was off the hook back in the day, the game play was so fast and crazy you never knew where that little hedgehog was going, shit i'm going to find the ROM now!

Eyekon

Midcard
Reaction score
I was a fan of both but in terms of the discussion I'm gonna have to say Mario as I own all 3 original Mario games

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
Growing up I had the gray NES box, and a Genesis. Though Mario 3 was awesome, at the time there was nothing cooler than Sonic. When Sonic and Knuckles came out.... oh, the bragging rights I had to the kids that had a SNES! Though Sega has made plenty of mistakes, they also managed to bring to light many innovations that still hold their ground to this day.

When it comes to the test of time mario obviously won out, but that won't take away my memories. :game:

chikaraboy

Midcard
Reaction score
Kinda gonna side with Mario. I was more of a Nintendo fan back in the day of gaming and Mario was my favorite of the 2. Im not into the newer versions of Mario, and loved the 2-d perspective of gaming back then. Oh I only wish I was still young. Oh well, I have my emu and console to play it on.

RohFan

Young Lion
Reaction score
Actually. I prefered sonic. I was a fast paced game that required skill and it was cool to do amazing spins and reach crazy heights! I loved the first and second one, then lost interest. Mario is cool too, just not my favorite.