Moves into Submissions

AZW

Young Lion
Reaction score
I do an online CAW fed on youtube, but I'm still trying to work out a few kinks.

I think I have pretty much everything I'm looking for... various codes and mods to get my own arena, better matches, etc...
There is only one thing that still never seems to work.

Getting the AI to use submissions and flying moves. I've tried using the AI edit codes I've found, most work like a charm, but some of them don't seem to do anything.
In this case, I set the ground submission or flying special as their finisher, and they still never use them. I know some of the default wrestles, like Jeff Hardy will OCCASIONALLY go for their flying moves, and submissions, but I cannot ever seem to get the CAWs to do it.
The codes just don't seem to work.

As a bit of a fix for submissions the two available transitional moves into subs are okay, but they only use the normal move, not the special. And, they only go into faceup grapples, so if I want someone to use any facedown submissions I'm pretty much SOL.

So, I was wondering if anyone had, or knows how to make, simple move hacks for getting the wrestlers who I want to use a submission as their finisher, to use them?

Like this move, only I don't need anything this fancy.
http://s4.zetaboards.com/Old_Skool_Reunion?topic=30224628/1/#new

Just some sort of transition to the four positions, and then they go into the ground grapple. Special grapple would be preferred, both would be cool. Transitions to all possible ground grapple positions would be amazing.
Even just getting the two already in the game to actually use the special moves, instead of the normal ones, would be helpful.

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
The AI won't look for the special slots for ground or flying attacks, for some reason I think it was unfinished.

Here's how to fix it using wldfb's tool, at least.

If you have someone who uses a ground grapple slot, have your special set to the regular move (not the actual move itself, I'm referring to the AI). Since it get's replaced during special, it will work.

Same with your flying attack, have the AI set to use their regular flying attack, it'll convert over and the AI will do what you want.

There's also a tool in the hacking section called the gonzo tool that has a move linking feature in it.

AZW

Young Lion
Reaction score
Thanks for the help.

Since I don't need to change entire move sets, and I'm working entirely with the CAW set of wrestlers is there are way to use what's in the editor... um, buffet style?

The old codes, that clearly don't work, look like this:

Use lower face down special
811502B8 009E

Lower face up
811502B8 009D

upper face down
811502B8 009C

upper face up
811502B8 009B

flying
811502B8 0106

That set of codes for changing the AI does seem to, mostly, change the AI no matter what CAW slot I'm working on. I just have to set the codes, then save it, and it saves it to that caw, even when I move them around, into a mempack, etc.

When I change it to "special to laying: Ground Facing Down Head Grapple" in the editor,
It changes to this 8132199E 22EE

I'm guessing the first set of numbers is the wrestler, and the second is the value for changing the move.
So would 811502B8 22EE work to change any CAW to use the normal facing down head grapple when they get a special?

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
That won't work the way you want it to, unfortunately. Why not just edit the CAW movesets in the editor?

AZW

Young Lion
Reaction score
Keson said:
That won't work the way you want it to, unfortunately. Why not just edit the CAW movesets in the editor?
Got overwhelmed with the editor at first.
Redoing the pertinent characters is more work than I expected to need to do, but it works. So I don't mind.

Problem solved. Thanks.

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
Just be thankful you didn't have to do it the old school way, heh.