No longer saving edits or CAWs?

CKMBDavis

Young Lion
Reaction score
I've been enjoying the hell out of No Mercy, and dinking around with the various edits, hacks, etc. Besides a crash every now and then, it has been working fine. Now all of the sudden, it will no longer save anything.

I can make changes, and lets me save it, but when I go back to it, the changes are not present. This includes even simple "in game" changes having nothing to do with any texture edits. I still have all of my edits, so I haven't lost anything, I just can't add anything else. Strange, as I haven't really done anything different with the settings or anything - this just came out of nowhere.

I've looked online a little bit, but can't really find any answers as to what I can do (if anything). Any help or advice you folks can throw my way would be most appreciated-and thanks in advance!

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
This happens a lot, your flv. file is fucked, I can't remember where a fix was posted, unfortunately. I think snesmaster came up with a fix at NMZ.

CKMBDavis

Young Lion
Reaction score
CBV, once again you show up and save my ass -Lol! So there is a potential fix, then? And where exactly is the .flv located? I know there is a ".fla" file in the Save folder, but I can't recall seeing .flv files (I'm on a different computer, so I don't have access to the game at the moment).

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
Yes, its the fla. file, sorry about that. I'm still waking up. :)

edit: There IS a potential fix, but I honestly can't remember where exactly at NMZ it is... :( sorry.

CKMBDavis

Young Lion
Reaction score
Well, atleast you've given me a glimmer of hope! I'll snoop around and see what I can find - you're awesome, man!

Wolfpac_69

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Not my work but this should fix it mate

1. open pj64, go to the smackdown mall, edit a superstar, click on system>"save" or press F5. (if your mods are not there, it's not going to load them back for you, they have to still be there, but you just cant save any edits to anything)

2. now close pj64, delete the .fla file, (but back it up just in case).

3. open nm again, go to the superstar edit in the sd mall, and change someones name to anything, and save it. exit the mall and close pj64 again.

4. open NM up once again, go back to the superstar edit, and click system>Load, or use ctrl+L

5. now your mods should all be there again and the settings and places and all that shit.

6. save like the first guy in ever stable, just click edit, and start, save... you dont have to edit them. then exit the smackdown mall and close the thing again

7. when you open up NM now, everything should be back to the way it is.... you dont replace the fla file with the one you saved, you just back it up incase you fuck up something and need to try it again. then replace it with the original fla file and repeat it from step one again.

CKMBDavis

Young Lion
Reaction score
I appreciate your help! I'm following your steps, but once I get to Step #4 (SystemLoad), it prompts me to load either "WWF No Mercy.pj", or "WWF No Mercy.pj2". Which one should I choose, or should i be looking for some other different file?

Thanks for your help thus far!

Wolfpac_69

Main Eventer
Reaction score
they are both state saves, I'd delete both and start again, basically after completing stage 3 there should only be one of those files, it should work when you delete them, this time when you start stage 4 open the only file showing them continue the process

CKMBDavis

Young Lion
Reaction score
More problems - I'm doing as you said, but now as it's loading (as indicated in step#4), an error message comes up stating "Error to start Video", then another blip saying:

"Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error"
Program:C:/ProgramFiles(x86)/Project64 1.6/Project64.exe
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information." Then it quits.

So....am I just better off backing up what files I can, uninstalling, then re-installing a "fresh" copy? I'm not having any other issues with any other program on my laptop, so I'm really unsure on where the issues are originating from.

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
Seems like this is becoming more trouble than it is worth, honestly. I would have installed a fresh copy a long time ago, but I'm not patient man. :)

CKMBDavis

Young Lion
Reaction score
Agreed! I believe I'll back up as much as I can and start from scratch. Wish me luck - and again, a huge "thank you" for your help!

AKI Man

Legend
Reaction score
Website
s4.zetaboards.com
Yeah, I honestly feel a fresh install is the way to go buddy. It seems you have a corrupted save file or something.

<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd> </dd></dl><div> "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error"
Program:C:/ProgramFiles(x86)/Project64 1.6/Project64.exe[/quote]

I have had that issue before. I am trying to remember why that happened. I am sure it had something to do with the plugin I selected. Which plugin do you use out of curiosity?

However, I would suggest just doing a fresh install as CBV said.

Good luck man.

CKMBDavis

Young Lion
Reaction score
Well, I didn't read your post until after I had already uninstalled P64, but right now I am running a "fresh" copy of P64. It ran fine "as is" until I installed Mudlord's Rice Video Build 6.1.3-DX9. That caused it to crash whenever I would click "End Emulation" or "Reset".
Mudlord's Rice Video Build 6.1.4 caused it to not load properly, and then either crash, or freeze up.

I'll have to try some other plugins later on tonight. I do remember using Mudlord's when all of this mess started, so who knows.

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
I use mudlord's, are you using openGL? That helps with the crashing, dink around with your plugin settings and it will work fine, that's all I use, anymore. :)

barskio

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Thank god for this thread, I thought I was fucked. Wolfpac_69 solution worked.

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
A quick note for save makers, if you are using hidden wrestler codes while partaking in this fix, make sure they are NOT ticked.

I lost Test in Showdown and had to manually make mpks of every wrestler I had and make a new save file because of it.

S

sweetboy

Crowd Member
hello im new here and i just downloaded ninja patcher cause i wanted to make a english version of vpw 2 but i mess up i download vpw2 and used the ninja patcher and it said it needed the rup file i dont got no rup file i need help please cause every website i go to get vpw 2 it says the same thing the rup file