No Mercy mods on Android phones?

StingKane

Young Lion
Reaction score
Hi, I am new here and a relative noob to this stuff, but I was wondering if anyone could help me get a modded No Mercy onto my Android phone? I have a regular version of the game on my phone, but it is so inferior to the mods. On Youtube, there are a couple of videos regarding it, and they have links to the files. Unfortunately, the files are either dead or corrupted.

Can anyone offer their expertise? I would love to play one of the WCW, ECW, TNA, or other mods on my phone. My laptop has a crappy video card and has trouble handling PJ64.

The NekoMancer

Promoter
Reaction score
So, do you think if your laptop can't play mods, your android phone will?

Don't want to sound disrespectful, but...

StingKane

Young Lion
Reaction score
Well, my phone plays a regular version of No Mercy better than my laptop does, and videos on youtube show people with the same phone I have playing modded versions of No Mercy, so yeah...I'm pretty sure it will.

Meh.

Midcard
Reaction score
Well it wouldn't be developed for android phones, it would be developed for Android. I have had it running on my phone so it is legit.

StingKane

Young Lion
Reaction score
<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>Meh.</dt><dd>Jan 29 2014, 06:17:59 PM</dd></dl><div>Well it wouldn't be developed for android phones, it would be developed for Android. I have had it running on my phone so it is legit. [/quote]So would you be nice enough to tell me how I can get it on my phone please?

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
I have only been able to get textures to work, not hacks. The emulator I use already has the hacks installed, so I can't manipulate them.

StingKane

Young Lion
Reaction score
CBV said:
I have only been able to get textures to work, not hacks. The emulator I use already has the hacks installed, so I can't manipulate them.
I would settle for someone helping me out with getting textures in. I'd love entire mods, but more than anything, I just want a better roster with WCW, ECW, TNA, etc. wrestlers and for them to look better than the original game.

I have n64oid installed on my phone, and the No Mercy rom. But I'm not sure where to go from there.

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
You'll need a proper file explorer. It has a texture folder, just like other roms, place them in there in a folder labeled "WWF No Mercy".

sebaxvy

Young Lion
Reaction score
yes those videos are legit because I had it but just the textures, the game didnt have the moves, maybe there are some mod with moves

The NekoMancer

Promoter
Reaction score
That's nice! If i didn't have my phone almost completely filled with all the shit i listen to I'd give it a try.

StingKane

Young Lion
Reaction score
CBV said:
You'll need a proper file explorer. It has a texture folder, just like other roms, place them in there in a folder labeled "WWF No Mercy".
So I downloaded a .7z file (in this case, Sting), and put it in the hires_textures folder that n64oid tells me to put it in. But how do I get it to show up in the game?

On another note (and I guess I should start a different thread for this), I tried again to play No Mercy on my laptop, and after fiddling with some settings, I got it to work fine, but I can't for the life of me get any of the mods to work. I have read every thread about settings that I could find on this and other boards, and read all of the help files. I tried your Showdown mod, I tried the WCW Mayhem mod, and I tried the Legends mod. Can't get any of them to work.

On your mod and the WWF Legends mod, I at least get the roster to show up, but none of the textures show up. The WCW Mayhem mod, which is the one I want to play the most, I can't get anything to work.

Now that I know the game works on my laptop, I care more about getting the mods for that to work than the phone.

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
Make sure the textures are unzipped and no sub folders are within the texture folder named No Mercy. It's a bitch.

You said on my mod the textures don't show up, but the roster does? Make sure you have a clean install of 2.1, place the WWF No Mercy folder (In the Showdown download) in the "Textures" folder, place the cht. file in the "config" folder, and the fla file in the "save" folder.

Activate the Showdown and Hidden Wrestler cheats and it should work automatically.

StingKane

Young Lion
Reaction score
I did all of that, but it still doesn't work. I think I'm not doing something right with the graphics plug in settings. Specifically the Rice/mudlord/bmglib stuff. I'm clueless when it comes to this kind of stuff.

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
Jabo's Direct3D8 1.7.0.57-ver5 is the only compatible plugin with my mod, it's the default plugin in 2.1

StingKane

Young Lion
Reaction score
CBV said:
Jabo's Direct3D8 1.7.0.57-ver5 is the only compatible plugin with my mod, it's the default plugin in 2.1
Ok, so I did a totally fresh install of Project 64 2.1 and kept it on Jabo's plugin. Didn't touch anything except activating Remember Selected Cheats. I put all of the Showdown stuff in the places you said, and still nothing. No textures loading. Maybe I have the wrong ROM? Could that be it? I'm using a file called WWF No Mercy.z64, and I put it in the main folder for that install of Project 64.

Thanks for all your help, I appreciate it. Sorry I suck so much at this.

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
In your options, double check your directories, the most common problem is that they are wrong. For some reason, the default setting are always off for the directories.

No problem, we were all noobs. I am the Master Noob.