nWo 64 Last Tour

bluntfello

Main Eventer
Reaction score
WCW nWo Revenge always had the best textures of the whole series while VPW2 had the ugliest looking, so combining both of them here is an interesting dynamic.

marillmau5

Opener
Reaction score
Just wanted to give a taste this weekend, I updated the original topic to say that I decided to do straight texture importing with only neccessary custom work until all the wrestlers are done, then I will do an Aki-Hd update to whatever needs to be done/fixed.

Heres nWo Sting Preview:
nVzXfPD.png

638Cnut.png

Ported/Custom from WCW vs nWo World Tour/Revenge

Curt Hennig:
jdTZDzd.png

No more wrestler update posts for a while, I dont want to post everything before you see it. But you get the gist of it, even though its world tour/revenge/wm2000 textures, they will be customized or fitted to their irl attires. And some wrestlers get special attires like Rick Flair as the Black Scorpion or Eddy as Black Tiger 2.
Theres a chance I might want to do Mr. America for Hogan.

8/4/16
Hello, The project is not dead, Heres a new picture:
Dhiq9HB.png

Larger View
Although this project is for me to enjoy, If i can get more people interested please feel free to ask questions or give suggestions/wants. Someone asked about changing the bg for the edit screen and I delivered pretty fast.

One thing I learned doing a project like this is, you make your edits or customs and HAVE to move on, I could spend forever on hogans hair line but I decided to move on for now or this thing will never be done.

dafamily

Main Eventer
Reaction score
For me at least I always hated the casual attire lol, I never seem to use them I always skip on wrestlers like that lol!! Maybe instead of using casual attire you could do a wrestler's different attire like ones they used in WWF (Giant to Big Show for example)!!

Just my 2 cents bro!!
I don't know if you have the movesets already bro, but if you don't I found this index page here:

http://www.geocities.ws/el_gringoiv/

Also has ECW guys as well!!

asarkis621

Young Lion
Reaction score
When will this thread be updated? I wanna see more pics of this mod.

hulkster

Opener
Reaction score
will you incorporate show down 64 unlimited roster limit hack?
is there a limit on how many arenas you can have in this game?
are these patches or updates workable on the everdrive 64 version 3 for the n64?
can these patches or updates work on other systems other than the PC through emulator called project 64 ?
what rom file are we talking about here? would a English pack rom file work?

S.K. Stylez

Backstage Worker
Reaction score
hulkster said:
will you incorporate show down 64 unlimited roster limit hack?
is there a limit on how many arenas you can have in this game?
are these patches or updates workable on the everdrive 64 version 3 for the n64?
can these patches or updates work on other systems other than the PC through emulator called project 64 ?
what rom file are we talking about here? would a English pack rom file work?
You're asking for way too much.

asarkis621

Young Lion
Reaction score
I wanted this mod to be ICCO style. But I also thought this mod should've been a like a combo of World Tour/VPW64/Revenge. (Replace the AJPW/FMW guys with their knockoff counterparts)

bluntfello

Main Eventer
Reaction score
I did VPW2 in ICCO style a while back. Not perfect but looked cool none the less.

marillmau5

Opener
Reaction score
Hello, I had to do some thinking sorry for the hype and no delivery.
I really had to rethink the roster and weather or not I would go into moveset hacking and I've decided I will. I was really waiting for an easier method and fell out of modding. In the mod it will come at a price, I figure I will do one attire per wrestler to have the mod out faster since I'll still be learning moveset hacking at the same time.

I've worked really hard coming up with this roster, mostly based around 1998

I will be changing the name of the mod to:
nWo 64
vs. The World

nWo white
Hogan
Hall
Bagwell
Steiner
Hart/Owen
Eric Bischoff/Vincent
Stevie Ray
The Giant

nWo red
Nash
Sting
Luger
Savage
Hennig
Konnan
Rick Rude

nWo JAPAN
Masahiro Chono
Great Muta
Hiroyoshi Tenzan
Satoshi Kojima
Hiro Saito
Scott Norton
nWo Sting

AJPW (EWF)
Mitsuharu Misawa
Kenta Kobashi/EXECUTIONER
Jun Akiyama
Toshiaki Kawada/SHOGUN
Akira Taue/MAYA INCA BOY
Hiroshi Hase
Jumbo Tsuruta/DRFRANK
Steve Williams/JEKEL

NJPW
Shinya Hashimoto
Tatsumi Fujinami
Kensuke Sasaki
Yuji Nagata
Kazuo Yamazaki
Jushin Thunder Liger
El Samurai
Koji Kanemoto

FMW (DAW/DOA)
Genichiro TenryuSUMO JO/HAWK HANA
Koji KitaoKIM CHEE
Atsushi OnitaPUCHTECA/DAKE KEN
HayabusaHANNIBAL/HANZOMAN
Tarzan GotoXMING CHEE/BLACKHEART
Terry GordyPOWDER KEG/
GedoDIM SUM
Abdullah The ButcherSALADIN

MPW (Independent Union)
The Great Sasuke/BLACK NINJA
Jinsei Shinzaki/SHAOLIN
Super Delfphin/THE UNKNOWN
Gran Naniwa/THE CLAW
Taka Michinoku/BLACK BELT
Dick Togo/Mens Teioh/PACO LOCO
Wellington Williams/SHAMAN
El Gran Hamada/MASTER FUJI

CMLL/AAA
Mil Mascaras/BRICKOWSKI
Dr. Wagner Jr.
Shiima Nobunaga
Dragon Kid
Ultimo Dragon
Psicosis
La Parka
Blue Demon Jr.

WCW
Goldberg
Flair
Eddy
Rey/Juvi
Benoit
Booker T
DDP/Kanyon
Rick Steiner

WWF
The Rock
Austin
Taker/Kane
Jericho
Angle
HHH
HBK
X-Pac

UFC/PRIDE
UFC Bas Rutten
UFC Randy Corture
UFC Frank Shamrock
UFC Tito Ortiz
Pride Rickson Gracie
Pride Mark Kerr
Pride Alexander Otsuka
Pride Kazushi Sakuraba

LEGENDS
Terry Funk
Dory Funk Jr.
André The Giant
Giant Kimala
Vader
Stan Hansen
Masato Tanaka
The Warrior

LEGENDS 2
Akira Maeda
Antonio Inoki
Tiger Mask
Riki Choshu
Original Sheik/ALI BABA
Yoshiaki Fujiwara
Giant Baba
Mike Awesome

To me this is a great lineup, you have 3 nwo factions, WCW and WWF, plus the japanese wrestlers from WCW vs nWo World Tour and WCW/nWO Revenge and their faked/changed attires like Hayabusa being Hannibal. For choosing which wrestlers get the spot in Japanese wrestling I used the website Cagematch to read the wrestlers reviews and user rated scores to weed out the lesser known wrestlers and clean up the game.

After all these planned changes the game idea still feels like a sequel to WCW vs nWo World Tour which was my intention.

Currently I just finished the new roster plan and I'm now moving the wrestlers to their correct stables. Then I'll start with texture editing nWo white, one attire per wrestler for now. Once a stable is done I'll moveset hack them before I move on. That way the progression will be organized for me to truck through it.[/SPOILER]

bluntfello

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Is there enough room to put all those guys on the roster? Seems massive.

marillmau5

Opener
Reaction score
bluntfello said:
Is there enough room to put all those guys on the roster? Seems massive.
Yeah def and if i need room ill use sk styles mod for extra slots lol.

if you look at vpw2, there's 3 stables just for ajpw, 3 for njpw, 3 legends stables and more. so this roster list condenses "the best" of each organization. so most of the wrestlers on this list are already in game, and the rest that didnt make it will be repurposed as the new wrestlers im adding. so in the end if you like the mod there will still be 16 caw slots where you can add wrestlers or dl mempacks as patches.

if you played world tour youll see the entire roster back except for glacier wrath joe bruiser and black widow. And the revenge jap wrestlers are in too.

i think the mod if done right wil goy over because its almost technically VPW3.
Or VPW2.5

super_joker

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
looking fwd to it mate! when I release mine you can use my textures.

marillmau5

Opener
Reaction score
Thanks that's very generous of you ill prob end up using some if i get stuck texturing here and there.

Whats taking me so long to start is that i decided i want "road to succession to work". So there will be a sort of nWo Career mode, not sure what to call it yet. So far its pretty cool because its mostly AJPW but you see nwo tag teams and wolfpac tag teams take part. And so far the overwrites of the nwo on the AJPW wrestlers seem realistic in career mode. Realistic in a sense if japan booked them to be over but not too over like how wwe tries. I got lucky with what AJPW wrestlers to keep and the ones to overwrite with nWo black and nWo red honestly. Going to finish career mode and make sure I have the roster set up/makes sense there first.
The intro will most likely still be random and funny.