Ponytail for Female Wrestlers

killacam

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
Spreadsheet tool is attached to this post!

First things first. This only works for Head: Female 2 and Hair: Short 1
Secondly, this code takes a bit of work to use. This is because the polygon values change every screen so the codes you create with this tool will only work on the screen you're currently on. It's a bit tedious but it's the only way to give certain women accurate heads as there aren't a great deal of head shapes to choose from in vanilla No Mercy.

95G3mQn.gif

STEPS

1. Open Project 64
2. Go to Options > Settings
3. Make sure "Hide advanced settings" is unticked, then go down to the "Advanced" sub-menu and make sure "Enable debugger" is ticked. Click "OK"
4. Load the No Mercy rom
5. On any screen where Rousey or any other wrestler you want to give a ponytail looks like this:

h6tb3Ht.png

Click "Debugger>Memory>View..." and a window like this will open up:

1UWBBit.png

6. Type "800A5698" into the address section like I've highlighted in red above. The first 8-digits that show up (highlighted in yellow) are the starting address for the head polygon. Open up a program like Notepad and jot it down. If it's the same as mine you'll get 802199a0.

7. Addresses that start with 80 are 8-bit and we need to use 16-bit here so change the 80 at the front to 81 in Notepad, giving you 812199a0.

8. Open up the Ponytail Hack spreadsheet tool.

9. Copy and paste the address you've written down in Notepad to the C2 cell as I have done in the screenshot:

31GQN9q.png

10. Enter the 4-digit Wrestler ID of the wrestler you want to give the ponytail hack to in the E18 cell. In my case, Rousey is CAW 11 so the 4-digit code I used is "0a0b". There is a tab on the bottom toolbar of the spreadsheet that says "Wrestler ID" for you to look at to find the right code to use. If the wrestler you want to give a ponytail to is a CAW and you aren't sure which number, go to Smackdown Mall, then Data and check this screenshot to see the corresponding number:

qPUdh1I.png

11. Once you've updated cells C2 and E18, your 4 player code conversion will be posted in the table starting at H3.

12. Go back to Project 64 and click "System>Cheats..."

13. Click "New Cheat" and paste the codes (one column at a time) into the "Code:" area. You can fit two of those columns per cheat, so I'd copy the P1 column, then the P2 column after it. Type something like "Wrestler Name Ponytail\1" into the "Name:" field and the click "Add new Cheat..."

14. Click "New Cheat" again and follow the previous step but paste the P3 and P4 columns (again one at a time) into the code area and name it "Wrestler Name Ponytail\2"

15. Make sure your new cheats are ticked, and the ponytail hack should be working and looking like this:

fSiIYJc.png