Portrait

jmagee22

Opener
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I've been attempting to replace the regular portraits with updated portraits. After dumping the textures and changing the names of everything I'm still stuck with no updated portrait. What can be the cause and if anyone can some what guide me I'd really appreciate it.

jlkrass

Young Lion
Reaction score
I'm super new to this but I had the same issue to. For whatever reason, just renaming the image to what it needed to be wasn't working for me.

What I did was open up two images in MS fucking Paint, the portrait you want and the portrait you want to replace. Copy the portrait you want, and paste it over the one you want to replace directly and save it in Paint. Doing it this way will lose the images transparency if there is one, but you are able to now free edit the image with your photo editor of choice and redo the transparency.

So yeah, try that it worked for me

jmagee22

Opener
Reaction score
It's funny you say that because I attempted to do the same thing but with a different program, it still didnt work. I'm not sure if its just the size or what not.

bluntfello

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Have you guys tried using photoshop and saving your updated portrait as a png file with dimensions of 64 x 64 or 256 x 256?

jmagee22

Opener
Reaction score
Photoshop doesnt work on my computer. So I used a photo editor program and resized the picture that way and renamed it to the dumped texture and still nothing.

bluntfello

Main Eventer
Reaction score
It has to be a png file, otherwise it won't work in the game.

jmagee22

Opener
Reaction score
I know. I dumped the textures from the game and renamed them to a picture i want and then nothing happened the pictures never loaded.