Project 64 1.7 Perfect Build

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
This is my build of project 64, and it's going to make modding in 1.7 much easier.

This build will allow you to refresh your textures in game without having to reset your emulator.

To reset your textures, hit Ctrl + T to enter your settings, and simply hit enter to leave the setting menu. Your screen will briefly flash and the textures will reset. :)

Make sure that "Protect memory" isn't selected in your emulator cheats to make this compatible with Showdown, or else it won't work.

Enjoy the unlimited cheat space you get with newer version of Project 64 with the luxury of refreshing textures you missed from 1.6. :)

Download Here

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
Because I didn't notice it? Dammit. I'll get another uploaded tomorrow when I get home.

savage101

Midcard
Reaction score
well never the less the new star trek TNG Gif is great ..:)

wiseman

Young Lion
Reaction score
is there a reason why you prefer 1.7 over Project64 v2.1 ?

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
The first post explains my preference. I don't know how I can explain it further.

Rain

Midcard
Reaction score
This says it all
giphy.gif

nice thanks for sharing Kesson

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
Well, just in case it was missed:

<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd> </dd></dl><div>Enjoy the unlimited cheat space you get with newer version of Project 64 with the luxury of refreshing textures you missed from 1.6. [/quote]

For modders, this solves a lot of problems. Anyone who has made texture mods in 1.6 will tell you why they shy away from 1.7 or higher is that you have to turn your emulator on and off again before your texture edits appear. Sounds simple enough, except 1.6 would refresh textures in game with very little effort, this cuts off HOURS of time for modding, as alignment becomes a time consuming issue.

With this particular build, you can refresh in game at two clicks of buttons. Which is awesome.

wiseman

Young Lion
Reaction score
Keson said:
Well, just in case it was missed:

<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd> </dd></dl><div>Enjoy the unlimited cheat space you get with newer version of Project 64 with the luxury of refreshing textures you missed from 1.6.

For modders, this solves a lot of problems. Anyone who has made texture mods in 1.6 will tell you why they shy away from 1.7 or higher is that you have to turn your emulator on and off again before your texture edits appear. Sounds simple enough, except 1.6 would refresh textures in game with very little effort, this cuts off HOURS of time for modding, as alignment becomes a time consuming issue.

With this particular build, you can refresh in game at two clicks of buttons. Which is awesome.[/quote]Thank you for this post. It's very informative for those who are new to the scene.

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
Why wouldn't it be compatible with WM2000, and how did you draw that conclusion?

S.K. Stylez

Backstage Worker
Reaction score
You do know with the Glide64 Final plugin, you can reload textures without restarting the emulator, right?

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
They aren't compatible with jabo's new plugin, which retains the shadows and looks much better in my opinion, thus, why I have suffered through this.

But yeah, I knew, they just don't look as good with glide.

wiseman

Young Lion
Reaction score
If Glide is the best plugin, then are all the mods/cheats/hacks still playable on the latest project64? Any thoughts on CEN64?

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
I disagree that Glide is the best plugin for texture modding.

bluntfello

Main Eventer
Reaction score
For the plugin directories why does it say bilbo bobbins? Are these your own personal settings or should they stay like that? I'm a noob when it comes to the setup part of this.

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
Ha! Yeah, those are mine. Change them to match your own.

marillmau5

Opener
Reaction score
I just want to add because this topic is stickied people might think project 64 1.7 is the best version for any newbies to start using, I want to add that generally everyone recommends 2.1 and to shy away from 2.3 (nag screen and slower startup)