Robot MPire: Overload 2! NextWave Applications

Probably

Backstage Worker
Reaction score
tscowIW.png

If you wish to download the game, see The Download Link.

Robot MPire is an e-robot combat show that started on the now-revived Revolution Mall (formerly MPire Mall). It is based on the robot combat television show, Robot Wars. The main series is a single-elimination tournament, whereas the side-series dubbed Overload, features a variety of side-events and exhibition competitions. Whilst Overload 2 is still in the planning stages, it has come to an agreement with Nextwave 64 to feature you.

How? Overload 2 is going to hold multiple events, one of which a Nextwave 64 side-event, with a robot built by you (rules provided below, see Application Rules). For your robot to be featured more than once and based on the amount of entries, the event will be one of two options: double-elimination, or round robin.

The Nextwave 64 side-event isn't the only event you can participate in. You can also apply to be apart of these:

Weight Class Tournaments
Underweight Championship - your robot must be betwee 175g and below
Lightweight Championship - your robot must be between 176g and 249g
Middleweight Championship - your robot must be between 250g and 399g
Cruiserweight Championship - your robot must be between 400g and 599g
Heavyweight Championship - your robot must be between 600g and 800g (going up to 900g is allowed)

Tag Team Championships - your robot(s) must be between middleweight and heavyweight. You're allowed to team up with someone else or participate with two robots of your own. I am elligible to team up with someone should they ask me.

King of the Hill Championship - your robot must be between lightweight and heavyweight. Four robots compete to gain the most points by claiming the high ground on a designated spot.

Challenge Belt - your robot must be between lightweight and heavyweight. The Challenge Belt is based on a wrestling championship. The belt is only 1 defense per show, and challengers are randomly selected.

Annihilation - your robot must be between lightweight and heavyweight. Annihilation is a six-way elimination melee, but to get INTO the Annihilation, you need to qualify by winning a 3-way melee.

Nextwave 64 Tournament - your robot must be between lightweight and heavyweight. Thank you to the management of Nextwave 64 who allowed this to be included. This is only for you, the NW64 community. Unfortunately, depending on how many robots there are sent for this side-event, it could be potentially cancelled.

These are the events for Overload 2. The best part about it? You can enter as many of them as you want, and send as many as you want! I can confirm that the entry-limit is unlimited !  Get building !  Get sending !

The Download Link

You can download Robot Arena 2: DSL 2.4 right here (please download this if you previously downloaded the old one I provided. 2.4 is the newest edition and this is the version that will be used, no matter what). This will be the game used for the series. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me or anyone with 2.4 knowledge. For now, if you have any questions, contact me via the Nextwave 64 Discord server, the Revolution Mall Discord server.

If you have made a robot that you wish to send me, go the Team page that you made it in, highlight the robot and select Export. In the game directory, there is a folder named Robot Designs, and the robot that you made should now be in there.

There is a member here, Champion Gamer, who has previously featured in a Robot MPire series. His entry Call of the Champion appeared in the second series.

Application Rules

The robot that you apply must be built by you, and not an edit of a robot from the AI folder, nor any from the Game Designs folder (sub-folders included).

Your robot must follow IRL procedures. This means that it must look like it can be built in reality. For examples, see robots from Robot Wars, BattleBots, and King of Bots.
          I have every right to decline your entry if it does not meet specification. That does not however mean that you're banned from continuing to enter. I will provide info on why it was declined, so you can edit and improve your robot. If you need any help, feel free to contact me or perhaps another builder. I can also see what changes I can make, and report back to you for feedback, and we shall go from there.

You can send me your robot through Nextwave 64 messages, or for the better and preferred options, the Nextwave 64 and/or Revolution Mall Discord servers.

The deadline for entries is November 30th, 2020. With an extension if needed to December 31st, 2020.

Titanium Sheet and HalfSheet are banned.
          One of the following per robot: MechaVore disc (either size), Minion disc (either size), frenZy hammer, Moros blade.

Your robot can be upgraded, until the end of the deadline for entries.
          You are allowed an unlimited amount of upgrades to your robot.
                    If you wish to send another robot to replace an old one, that's completely fine.

There is a cheat in-game when naming your robot in the Bot Lab. writing "cheatbot2" and pressing enter, grants you access to the hidden components.

If you are unsure about signing up for Overload 2, I have for you an exclusive video of the recent series 4. Here are some raw recordings of selected matches as a preview of what to expect from your experience in Robot MPire: Overload 2:
[video=youtube]
[align=left]Good luck to everyone, we hope you have a fun time, and of course we hope to see you in the arena soon!

Thank you.​