• Merge's still on-going, but seems like we might stay at the same hosting, so in the mean time, you're free to use the forum, while we work on it.

Showdown 64

KWG

Promoter
Staff member
Reaction score
drake2569 said:
I am new to modding n64 games, but I love WWF No Mercy.  I am having a hell of a time patching the rom (which is annoying, because it's the first step).  I have downloaded No Mercy from multiple different places, but every time I use the Rom Patcher I get a "Source Rom Checksum Mismatch."  Any help would be appreciated, because I really have no idea.  Thanks.
I'm gonna guess that your ROM isn't in the correct format (.z64). Use a tool called Tool64 to convert to "Big Endian".

drake2569

Young Lion
Reaction score
KWG said:
drake2569 said:
I am new to modding n64 games, but I love WWF No Mercy.  I am having a hell of a time patching the rom (which is annoying, because it's the first step).  I have downloaded No Mercy from multiple different places, but every time I use the Rom Patcher I get a "Source Rom Checksum Mismatch."  Any help would be appreciated, because I really have no idea.  Thanks.
I'm gonna guess that your ROM isn't in the correct format (.z64). Use a tool called Tool64 to convert to "Big Endian".

I wish it was that easy, my rom is in .n64 format.  When loaded into the tool64 program, it does say that it is in Big Endian already. I also redownloaded the rom and the showdown 64 data just to make sure that was not the issue.  I also  tried on another computer, just incase.  As of now, I am at a loss. Any other ideas?

KWG

Promoter
Staff member
Reaction score
drake2569 said:
I wish it was that easy, my rom is in .n64 format.  When loaded into the tool64 program, it does say that it is in Big Endian already. I also redownloaded the rom and the showdown 64 data just to make sure that was not the issue.  I also  tried on another computer, just incase.  As of now, I am at a loss. Any other ideas?
Did you redownload from the same place? Also, have you tried patching on this site?

SaintLedgewood

Young Lion
Reaction score
hatguy said:
I am also having the reversing issue despite disabling those particular cheats

Unfortunately I am back to having this issue, sucks cuz it makes the game unplayable.  I wish I could figure it out, I wanna play this.  I took time adding my own textures for a created wrestler and used the wonderfully crafted moveset editor and added the cheat for my guy and it all works perfectly, but then i have the impossible gameplay reversal issue.  Thought maybe adding my own guy and cheat might have been the cause, but I downloaded a new version without any of the things I added and still got the same issue.  Spent SO much time trying to make it work but felt too defeated and gave up lol.  I had a difficult time finding a version 1 download of No Mercy, and i wonder if what i found wasn't the correct version or something.  I've spent lots of time scouring the internet for a file with the exact name of "WWF No Mercy (U) (V1.0) [!].z64" but i seriously can't.  Someone on here recommended using internet archives but I'm not sure how to go about that.  I feel like such a tech-ignorant fool with this stuff.

Mike_Hunt_061

Young Lion
Reaction score
Where can I get Project 64 2.1?

Why do my wrestlers have ears on the back of their heads?

Joe

Young Lion
Reaction score
Apologies for bumping an old thread, but if anyone is still experiencing the reversal issue, disabling the following cheat fixed it for me: Showdown 64\Gameplay\Better Super Heavyweights\Reverse Grapples