SPOILER: Hall of Fame announcement

Tired

Legend
Reaction score
Kurt Angle has been announced as the second inductee into the TNA Hall Of Fame.

Kurt Angle joined TNA wrestling very soon after being released from the WWE in 2006. He is arguably the single biggest signing that TNA ever acquired in 11 years.

Angle had a hugely successful amateur wrestling career, ending with him winning the Olympic Gold Medal for the USA at the 1996 games in Atlanta, Georgia. He was convinced to join professional wrestling by Paul Heyman, but made his debut with the WWE in 1999. He quickly became one of only 4 Eurocontinental Champions (holding Intercontinental and European Championships simultaneously). He was also the first man to defend 2 titles at the same WrestleMania event. His rookie year saw him win the WWE Championship and the King of the Ring. When Angle left the WWE, he had won almost every title available during that time period, including two different WCW titles.

Angle make a name for himself in TNA by winning the IGWP Heavyweight Championship and ending Samoa Joe's undefeated streak. He became the first TNA World Heavyweight Champion, as well as the most frequent winner of the title. He held the TNA World Heavyweight, Tag Team and X-Division titles together, on his own, for a month. And he is the only man to win multiple 'King of the Mountain' matches. Angle also led two very succesful stables, the Angle Alliance and the Main Event Mafia.

Angle's time in TNA has not been completely smooth sailing. His onscreen feud with company creator Jeff Jarrett was a reflection of the real-life tension between the pair. Angle would divorce his first wife Karen, who retained custody of their daughter. Karen would then marry Jarrett. Angle had a real-life relationship with TNA Knockout Rhaka Khan which ended with Khan taking Angle to court over claims of stalking (Angle would be cleared). Angle has also been arrested and charged on multiple occasions for driving under the influence. Angle's MMA career came to an end before it began, and he had 2 failed attempts at trying to represent Team USA at the Olympics. And he has openly criticised dozens of WWE staff members over social media, usually claiming that his accounts were "hacked" or "used by a member of his family".

A huge part of the reason for Angle being inducted into the HOF is the same as Sting being inducted last year: the WWE hasn't inducted him yet, so TNA would be the first.

AKI Man

Legend
Reaction score
Website
s4.zetaboards.com
It just does not feel right Angle not being in the WWE HOF. He made his name there and had legendary matches against the likes of Undertaker, HBK, Eddie Guerrero, Benoit and so on.

I do understand TNA's decision to include him though, but it would have been nice to see a TNA original like AJ Styles be included in the HOF.

Meh.

Midcard
Reaction score
I miss Kurt in WWE. TNA have made him a shell of what he used to be in my opinion.

Tired

Legend
Reaction score
I am uncomfortable seeing Sting and Kurt Angle in the TNA Hall of Fame, knowing that Jeff Jarrett isn't there to keep them company.

AKI Man

Legend
Reaction score
Website
s4.zetaboards.com
Seriously. My pick for last years HOF would have been Jeff Jarrett, followed this year by AJ Styles.

Jeff founded the company and gave unknown wrestlers a chance to shine in the company. Sure, they made huge error's in the booking department, but Jeff created the X-Division and made it a signature of the TNA brand. Along with the guys who were there in the early days, he took the shit and bounced back. I never really rated Jeff, but respected him. Dixie should realise that, instead of kissing up to EX-WWE/WCW wrestlers, she should be kissing the TNA originals who stuck by that company when a lot of the could have joined the WWE when they started getting noticed.

However, if you look at it this way. Kurt has been in TNA since 2006 if I am correct? He has been in TNA just about the same time as he was in WWE (1999-2006) and TNA (2006 - 2013), so he shared equal time frames with each company. It can be said he did the job for both companies and deserves the TNA HOF.

Still, what do we know. Dixie knows best, right?

Tired

Legend
Reaction score
Agreed man. That's why Jarrett should have been in before Sting or Angle.

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
They shouldn't induct ANYONE who is still an active wrestler.