Spoiler: Identity of soon to debut star revealed

Tired

Legend
Reaction score
TNA Wrestling have been posting teaser videos promoting the debut of a new character named Willow. We can reveal the true identity of the character.

SERIOUSLY, do not click this link if you do not want to know who Willow is.

https://d8kyhhndkm363.cloudfront.net/8/38423/1-4469_2.jpg

Willow is Jeff Hardy.

Hardy competed as Willow the Wisp early in his career. His finishing moves were the Swanton Bomb and the Corkscrew Moonsault (which Hardy has dubbed the "Whisper In The Wind" and "Will O' The Wisp"). He had dark matches in both WWE and Ring Of Honor as the masked character.

Hardy was "fired" earlier this year after losing a key match on TNA Impact. Hardy followed the match with a farewell speech. The match was filmed just before Hardy's contract expired. But before the match went to air, Hardy signed a new deal. Hardy was unable to make TNA's tour of the UK, where multiple episodes of Impact were taped. Hardy will start appearing on Impact once tapings resume in the U.S.

Not convinced? Look at Hardy's hairstyle in this photo, and then look at Willow's hair style. Willow's mask is the same shape as the mask Hardy wore as Willow The Wisp. The design of Willow's mask is the same design that appears on Hardy's version of the TNA Heavyweight Championship. Willow also bears facial similarities with Hardy, and has the same build and voice.

Once you see it, you can't unsee it.

Maximo

Midcard
Reaction score
I enjoy the Willow character, I wonder how well it will work in TNA though.

Robb420

Midcard
Reaction score
As soon as I heard the name "Willow" I knew who it was. I remember seeing him in ROH, he botched during his entrance, then got royally booed out of the building although he didn't seem to mind...or he wasn't aware cause he was high off his rocker, one of the two.

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
Y'know, even if this ends up being bad it's gonna be must-see.

Always had a soft spot for Jeff. I like him and always want to see the best for him.

Robb420

Midcard
Reaction score
I hear ya, I've been marking out for that dude since 1999. Just the last few years have been like wtf?

AKI Man

Legend
Reaction score
Website
s4.zetaboards.com
That's his backyard gimmick, right? I think its pretty cool and keeps to the tradition of his character anyways. People know its him but another side. I always likes Jeff. He gets butts on the seats and his merchandise sells where ever he is.

TheDoctor

Legend
Reaction score
I have always liked the Willow character since i first saw it years ago in MCW & Omega wrestling. I hope it works out great for him.