[Spoilers] Big News Coming Out Of UFC 141

TheDoctor

Legend
Reaction score
Brock Lesnar says "He is done"

Full Story Here

http://msn.foxsports.com/ufc/story/...eem-ushers-Brock-Lesnar-out-of-Octagon-123011

Dec 31, 2011 3:54 AM ET
LAS VEGAS
After a bloody three-round war between Nate Diaz and Douglas Cerrone at UFC 141 that underscored the grit and guts of a long fight between two tenacious MMA fighters, Alistair Overeem stepped into the ring and used his vicious striking skills to limit Brock Lesnar's comeback to a paltry 146 seconds.

Unable — or unwilling — to take Overeem and his dangerous stand-up game to the ground, Lesnar was treated to a series of punches, knees and a final and decisive shot to the liver. The former champion stumbled, teetered, fell — and Overeem pounced, fists flying, Lesnar on the canvas seeming helpless and already beaten, and then the fight being called in a technical knockout.

It was a quick and inglorious end to an attempted comeback that capped Lesnar's up-and-down career. He rose to heavyweight champion only to be sidelined for more than a year after a battle with diverticulitis.

Humbled and beaten, he quickly announced after the fight Friday night at the MGM Grand Garden Arena that he was done.

"I've had a couple difficult years with my disease," Lesnar said. "And I'm going to officially say tonight is the last time you'll see me in the Octagon. Brock Lesnar is officially retired. I promised my wife and my kids if I won this fight, I would get a title shot and that would be my last fight. But if I lost tonight ..."

And that was it. With the loss, Lesnar fades from UFC hopeful to part of its history

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
Say what you want about Lesnar.... but he is one of the few UFC heavyweight champions.

Legit. Asshole... but legit.

This could be big.

adysor97

Young Lion
Reaction score
I think that Brock Lesnar or Chris Jericho will return on 2/1/2012

Aditza

Midcard
Reaction score
adysor97 said:
lesnar won't return so fast for sure

nadimmania

Legend
Reaction score
Aditza said:
adysor97 said:
lesnar won't return so fast for sure
And lesnar wasn't superman for sure(he can't return so fast just like superman)

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
I have every post-death issue of Superman. It took him nearly 8 months to come back from the dead.

Whatchu talkin' about?

AKI Man

Legend
Reaction score
Website
s4.zetaboards.com
TBH! Im not shocked! I felt if Brock lost he would retire from MMA. He lost against Overeem and was beaten badly by Velaquez. Two guys on top of there MMA game.

Im glad he has thought with his head and family. Sometimes, its not worth the shit!

WWE Bound? Sure, but not until next Wrestlemania! A nice break with the family and getting healthy.

TDK

Main Eventer
Reaction score
<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>AKI Man</dt><dd>Dec 31 2011, 07:00:28 PM</dd></dl><div>WWE Bound? Sure, but not until next Wrestlemania! A nice break with the family and getting healthy.[/quote]I'd take that bet. Not sure about the timetable, but a WWE return seems almost definitely in the cards. :yes:

Super El Guapo

Main Eventer
Reaction score
method=get&s=alistair-overeem-brock-lesnar-gif.gif

Brock was crushed, I don't think will see him in the public eye for along time.

Tired

Legend
Reaction score
I don't think he should go back to WWE.

First of all, Lesnar has proven that he will intentionally hurt opponents during matches. And his comments indicate that he will do the same if he should return.

Apart from that. His health won't allow him to maintain a schedule with 1 match every couple of months. How could he handle 8 wrestling matches a month ( a typical part-time contract). Remember, Lesnar only spent 2 years as a WWE Superstar. He does not have enough prestige to deserve a much lighter shedule.

I hope he finds something. This is his 3rd dream to go down the toilet. Good luck to him.

AKI Man

Legend
Reaction score
Website
s4.zetaboards.com
TNA?

Hell. He would be able to command a schedule that would suit him and a payrate that would keep him happy.

Actually.....

Fuck that! His career has gone down the toilet already. Going to TNA, would certainly end it for good.

Yeah, I think he needs to go a take a long break and be with his family. TBH, he could do work for the UFC for talent relations, promoting the sport, commentating. Going to WWE is not the only thing he has options with.

TDK

Main Eventer
Reaction score
You raise some good points as he originally left WWE mostly due to the tough travel schedule. But who knows, maybe things have changed in his private life. And with several dreams down the drain, he might be more apt to make this one work. Should be interesting to watch. So stay tuned...