Starter kit textures still ok to use?

treefrog

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
Haven't kept up too much with the WWF No Mercy board. I used a couple of Orson's pads and boots out of the old starter kit. I also used a  Snypersnafu's skin texture.

Just wondering if that stuff is still ok to use? People used to be real touchy about that sort of thing. I may change it to stuff I made myself but after making nearly 80 mods I'm getting weary. Is Showdown's Creator kit ok to use (didn't use anything from it yet)?

Also wondering about that unlimited wrestler slot code. I had it once I think or remember it being explained anyway. I have a game/save that will have 80+ characters with multiple attires. Having more than 4 attires for one slot would be very useful if that is how code worked.

That's all for now, Thanks for any helpful comments.

I see keson is no, icco good to go, but still old starter kit stuff not clear. May not need it anyway.

I'll likely post my work within a month or so. Just the characters and I'd like to change some screens,no arenas or anything like that. I would like to make  some arenas, nothing special but it'll take me forever and I'd like to release what I have someday.

Once posted anyone can add to it if they like. Improve or add something new, whatever you want really makes no difference  to me. If anyone is creative with hack moves and wants to contribute think of moves that would not normally fit in a wrestling game and make them outrageous. Obviously, it'll be easier to see what I mean once I preview. Anyway, not really requesting anyone to help or contribute just saying you can if you want.

KWG

Promoter
Staff member
Reaction score
About the Showdown Kit, I can try to look into that for you.

Everything else old school, you can, unless the author comes and states he doesn't want you to use it (your risk). Modding Kit falls under this but is probably fine thought, and even guys like The_Juice or Saiko, I don't think they care anymore if you use their stuff or not, it's been 11+ years.

KWG

Promoter
Staff member
Reaction score
Albins said:
Is there anything beyond the starter kit by the way?

Depends on what you're looking for.

If you're just looking for resources to create your own texture mod, you can look here, specifically, the Modding Starter Kit.