Steam Machine prototype from iBuyPower for revealed, runs at 1080p and 60fps

Champion_Gamer

Promoter
Staff member
Reaction score
<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd> </dd></dl><div>The white prototype consoles from desktop manufacturer iBuyPower run an early build of Steam OS and are aptly named Gordan and Freeman. [/quote]

2389936-screen+shot+2013-11-25+at+7.03.32+pm+%282%29.png

<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd> </dd></dl><div>UPDATE: The prototype from iBuyPower will reportedly only cost $499 and comes with a multicore AMD CPU and a discrete AMD Radeon R9 270 graphics card.

The additional details come from a report on the Verge, and reiterates that "existing Steam for Linux games should run quite well, at full 1080p resolution and 60 frames per second." As reported previously, Steam Machines will not run the entire Steam library, only those games which have been optimized specifically for the Linux-based Steam OS.

The article also claims the box above is "bigger than a PlayStation 4 but smaller than a Microsoft's Xbox One." The $500 price tag includes the Steam controller, wi-fi, Bluetooth, and a 500GB hard drive.

The original story appears below:

Bucking the trend of black boxes, PC developer iBuyPower revealed the first images of their prototype Steam Machine: a white box.

Engadget reports that the system is set to launch in 2014 and "the hardware will run all Steam titles in 1080p resolution at 60fps." No other details were revealed about the hardware, but iBuyPower did show off two variations of their white box. When not illuminated, the light bar in the middle is clear on one machine and black on the other. One has been codenamed Gordan and the other Freeman.

The machine runs an early version of Steam OS, but "it's not quite a finished product," writes Engadget. Valve has previously revealed the general specs for the Steam Machines, but with CES just around the corner, we'll have even more info (and hands-on with the systems) then.[/quote]

soo tell me this because i'm not real good with pc specs(it's all gibberish to me) is this good value and is the graphics card in particular powerful ? all in all i'm quite excited for the release of the steam box and i have a feeling consoles will never be the same again

KWG

Promoter
Staff member
Reaction score
The appearence looks like a white X-Box 360 arcade copy,but for now = Steam Machine and WiiU >>> PS4 and X-Box One