Strategic Balance (AI setting)

WaylonMercysHands

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
Is there one option that's objectively the best, or does the ideal option vary depending on the person's moveset?

(Note: This is the setting with "Offensive", "Balanced", etc. as the options.)

KWG

Promoter
Staff member
Reaction score
Meat has a "Flying" AI setting in Wrestlemania 2000, yet his moveset does not have much high flying moves. I must point out that he along with Blue Meanie,Too Cool and Headbangers are some of the easiest characters to beat in the game, I guess that can be blamed on both their messed up AIs and low parameters.

But to answer your question directly, I think "the ideal option vary depending on the person's moveset", because a fighting style that corresponds to the character moveset should help the accuracy and give the AI strategies to work with, but there's also a lot more factors to consider to make a character "the best possible" like parameters for an instance.

On theory tho, weaker characters could benefit of a defensive AI, while Stronger ones should benefit of Offensive AIs (so they can properly pressure the opponent). As evidence, in my Wrestlemania 2000 save, I tried to make Lesnar stats the most accurate yet op possible, as result, I've got some pretty realistic matches with him where he is extremely offensive and spams German Suplex every time possible, and most opponents don't stand much of a chance.

bluntfello

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Interesting. In my save I try to make everyone as close as possible parameter wise so they all pretty much stand a chance against each other and have competitive matches, but I guess by doing this I am suppressing the move-sets of some of the potentially stronger characters in the game.

marillmau5

Opener
Reaction score
i just want to point out some of the values of the edit ai are blanked out in wm2000 but if you go to vpw2 english rom and check the ai, its the same exact layout with the correct values and i crossed checked the values over to wm2000 blank ones and they seem correct.

D

Deleted User

Crowd Member
Defensive AI isn't for weaker characters, it's for anyone who isn't a directly violent guy.

The Rock uses defensive AI. He's reactive, not aggressive. Things like that.

marillmau5

Opener
Reaction score
youre right but when it comes to mid and low carders i think they used defensive in a strategic way to help out the lower ranked wrestlers.

WaylonMercysHands

Lower Midcard
Reaction score
Keson said:
Defensive AI isn't for weaker characters, it's for anyone who isn't a directly violent guy.

The Rock uses defensive AI. He's reactive, not aggressive. Things like that.
What would happen if The Rock had offensive AI? Would he lose more often?