Suicide Squad

baal666

Main Eventer
Reaction score
4t9g03.jpg

Before the movie :

My feelings toward this movie were very similar to what it was for Guardians of th Galaxy : When it was first announced I was like “meh” then came the first photos (The Joker) and I was like “What the fuck is that shit ?” and finally I saw a trailer and wanted to see it. It looked funny, with bright neon colors (unlike Man of Steel), I grew up watching Batman the animated series and always wanted to see Harley in a movie and overall I expected to have fun watching this.

On a side note, I saw Man of Steel and didn't like it, didn't see BvS because I think I wouldn't like it either so Suicide Squad seemed to be different, taking itself less seriously which appealed to me, the cinema near my home did an advanced screening yesterday so I went with a friend who reads and loves DC comics.

As usual, I don't read comic books but I knew some of these characters as I grew up watching Batman the animated series, played Batman video games and saw the animated films.

Movie Plot :

A government agency led by Amanda Waller is looking to build up a team of criminals that should be used during dangerous black ops mission. As she said, if Superman wanted to tear off the White House's roof and kidnap the president, who would you send after him ? That's why such a team is needed, they have nothing to loose and if they die in mission, no one would complain about it.

A team composed of Deadshot, Harley Quinn, Killer Croc, Captain Boomerang, El Diablo and Slipknot is under the supervision of Rick Flag and his bodyguard is sent to stop a supernaturnal being to destroy humanity but things are not easy when you lead a bunch of criminals and The Joker gets involved in your plans.

My impressions :

+ The casting. Robbie portrays a perfect crazy Quinn while keeping it in touch with reality. She is funny but shows an emotional interest. Also loved that they included her original outfit.
Letho's Joker is a good in between compared to Nicholson's and Ledger's portrayals. Not too goofy, not too dark, the way he talks and moves, the look and outfits give us a new look at the character that is unexpectedly entertaining and interesting.
Jai Courtney's Captain Boomerang is pretty funny. We often shit on the actor for all his awful participations in movies so when he does good it's fair to point it out (still don't expect the moon, he's mostly a comic relief)
Smith's Deadshot is the most developped character. The one you identify to because he is the most human among all these monsters, his lines and action scenes are good. I got back the Smith i loved watching as i grew up as a charismatic action character
Viola Davis is a good Waller. Cold hearted bitch who would do anything if it goes her way. We get why she thinks the Squad is necessary and we see that she is in control of it.

+ El Diablo is an unexpected character. I thought he would be there as a generic flaming dude but his unwillingness to take part in the action and backstory were a welcome addition to the film. Jay Hernandez portrays him with subtlety, a soft voice and an aversion for his own crimes that make him a powerful character without being a showoff.

+ Quick presentation of the characters, we don't waste time with unneeded informations.

+ The heroes are just here for a cameo. It would have made too many characters if they were more involved.

+ An unexpected hero of the day.

+ Colors ! Fun ! What i came for is here.

- Even if the character are quicklypresented, it still does a lot of exposition, also one character doesn't get the same treatment therefore you know what will happen to him.

- Enchantress and Rick Flag are absolutely not interesting.

- Not enough Joker. I hoped to see more of him.

- Fucking beam to the sky again !

- Remember the chitauris ? Ultrons army ? Well here again the enemies goons are faceless. It takes away every moral implication of killing them even though our main characters are known for their previous murders.

- Choppy editing. It feels like the movie is missing a lot of scenes that were cut out.

To conclude, I enjoyed Suicide Squad. Most of the characters are interesting on screen, the action and dialogues are good, it's funny, it's entertaining but it's missing something to be really good. I'd like to see more of these characters (which will happen with a sequel alread talked) but it won't be one of my most anticipated films. I'll wait for the DVD/Blu ray to see deleted scenes though.
I think you should give a shot at it, my friend and i enjoyed the movie despite its flaws, and i don't see a reason to spit on it.

<big><big>7/10</big></big>

On a side note, the 3d isn't annoying but isn't really useful so you should do without, it would save you a few bucks.

baal666

Main Eventer
Reaction score
I'm not gonna lie, the movie is far from perfect but does it's job, i don't understand all the hate it had or the comparisons to Fant4stic, etc...
I'm pretty sure some of them didn't even watch it, I read some reviews and someone said that one reason to see the film is "Scott Eastwood, the man in charge of the whole Squad and his awesome acting performance" Nothing against Eastwood but his character isn't really in charge of anything, doesn't even appear as an important role and many other actors could have easily filled his shoes. And it's only one example of the bullshit among others.

I'll be on vacations starting tomorrow night, i hope that members who see this movie share their opinion, i'll be curious to read what you thought about it.

PsychoGirl

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Website
animenationaf.webs.com
Here is what I thought about it -

The movie is pretty damn good . ANY DC Comics or Media fan will enjoy it. I am not going to lie, but it is better than what Marvel has been giving to us recently . I know I'll receive a lot of hate, but this is coming from a Marvel follower since 2000's. It had a lighter tone which BvS did not, at the same time had the dark tone as well.

Most reviews said the PLOT was hard to understand and was confusing, but I waited for the moment when it would get confusing, fortunately, that moment didn't come and the plot was easy to follow. The movie accomplished a lot within the hour of runtime it was allotted to and we got to explore different characters and different events within the movie. I didn't even feel like we were given a shit load of information to burden ourselves with.

The characters overall had great chemistry. I loved Deadshot. He technically was like a leader. Thats Will SMith for ya! Margor Robbie was lovely , crazy and charismatic as Harley, just like Harley is supposed to be. Leto didn't get enough screen time but he utilized whatever the time he was given to perform the perfect Joker. Quite honestly, this Joker is a mix of Dark Knight as well as Arkhamverse Jokers together. Enchantress was enchanting, Captain Boomerang is funny as hell and Killer Croc is just as badass as he is supposed to be...and he IS beautiful. No lie. xD

El Diablo becomes a badass at the end, which is also the point , i.e. the second half of the movie , in which Flag as well as the rest of the squad function as a proper TEAM.

Action sequences were well done and fast paced and I smiled and laughed on all the jokes which did not seem out of place AT ALL. Harley has a cute laugh and Deadshot has a good sense of humour. The movie also teaches us something important. Not all bad guys are really bad. They can be good too. If they look bad from the outside, often they are beautiful from the inside.

The soundtrack was absolute LOVE. Batman and Flash had cameos. And those cameos were just enough. We didn't need more.

The bad points - Too Much of character exploration. Had it been a few 30 minutes longer, then it'd be great. Thats all i gotta say

Kanon

Main Eventer
Reaction score
<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>The NekoMancer</dt><dd>Aug 6 2016, 03:14:30 PM</dd></dl><div><big><big>SUICIDE QUAD</big></big>
[/quote]HOW TO SHITPOST TUTORIAL - PART 1.