Ubisoft Delays 2 Major Titles Till Spring of 2014.

TheDoctor

Legend
Reaction score
<blockquote class='quote\\_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd> </dd></dl><div>
WatchDog_hero.jpg
<big>Ubisoft has announced that Watch Dogs and The Crew have been delayed. Both titles were previously set for Ubisoft’s current fiscal year (which ends on March 31, 2014) but will now be released in the following fiscal year instead. This means that the earliest date either title will be released is April 1, 2014.
Ubisoft posted the following statement from the Watch Dogs development team on the Ubisoft Blog:
"Our ambition from the start with Watch Dogs has been to deliver something that embodies what we wanted to see in the next-generation of gaming. It is with this in mind that we’ve made the tough decision to delay the release until spring 2014.
We know a lot of you are probably wondering: Why now? We struggled with whether we would delay the game. But from the beginning, we have adopted the attitude that we will not compromise on quality. As we got closer to release, as all the pieces of the puzzle were falling into place in our last push before completion, it became clear to us that we needed to take the extra time to polish and fine tune each detail so we can deliver a truly memorable and exceptional experience.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you. We thoroughly enjoy and appreciate the way you respond on the web, at events, press conferences and other opportunities we have to interact. Your passion keeps us motivated.
We can’t wait to see you in Chicago next spring. We are confident you’ll love this game as much as we love working on it."
Watch Dogs was previously scheduled for November 19 in North America and November 22 in Europe, while The Crew was never assigned a specific date but was due in the first quarter of 2014. </big>
[/quote]

Swifty

Main Eventer
Reaction score
So Watch Dogs won't be in stores next month?! FUCKING BULLSHIT! i've been patiently waiting for that game since the day they announced it!

Why did they delay The Crew and Watch Dogs anyway?

baal666

Main Eventer
Reaction score
I know it may sound stupid but i think it could ba a way to focus buyers on Black Flag. I mean the end of the year will see some big games like Batman, Battlefield, Call of Duty, Starcraft II : Legacy of the Void just to name a few so Black Flag will have competition between it's release and Christmas so adding another big game would hurt sells. Another idea is that some rumors announce GTAV on pc during the first quarter of 2014 so Wath Dogs may try to make some shadow to it. Or i'm completely wrong and they just take time to simply fix bugs and make it as good as possible...anyway as long as i can get Batman in October i can wait for Watch Dogs and don't care about The Crew,

Fuego

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Good call, it's always better to not rush things..I'm glad they took more time...to release it flawless...
also Connor..
tumblr_mleyux7TQw1s4q50fo1_400.gif

baal666

Main Eventer
Reaction score
Just read an article about the consequences of Watch Dogs being delayed, Ubisoft is expecting loss and their financial share (not sure about how to translate it) dropped by 30%. Another consequence might be on the next gen consoles sell, mainly for the PS4 which had a bundle PS4/Watch Dogs.